anyone had a free upgrade?

button409

Mouseketeer
My DBF and I are going to wdw in Jan, and hopefully staying in POFQ, we are going to book a standard room. Has anyone been upgraded for free to a preferred location/waterview room at check in at a wdw resort? Or been offered an upgrade to another hotel? Just curious!!

More often than not actually - although keep in mind your room will overlook an exterior hallway at POFQ so the view isn't "all that" given that you can't really enjoy it as you might on a balcony.

That said, very smart to book a standard room at POFQ - never pay for a water view at a moderate.

Enjoy the trip!:thumbsup2

My DBF and I are going to wdw in Jan, and hopefully staying in POFQ, we are going to book a standard room. Has anyone been upgraded for free to a preferred location/waterview room at check in at a wdw resort? Or been offered an upgrade to another hotel? Just curious!!

A couple of years ago, My DW and I were booked at the GF for a Mk view room. We got upgraded to the concierge honeymoon suite.

There seem to be a lot of free upgrades at check-in at Disney resorts. I'm constantly reading about upgrades on the DIS. However, the best advice I can give is to HOPE for a free upgrade but don't EXPECT it, or you'll be very disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Personally, I've never been lucky enough to get an upgrade but maybe someday I'll have a little pixie dust thrown my way.

My parents were upgraded at the Wilderness Lodge in January 2006. We paid for them to stay in a standard view room (or maybe it was woods?) and they were upgraded to a pool view, lake view room on one of the upper levels - the view they had was amazing and they were about 20 paces from the elevator that drops off by the stream in the main lobby. It was their first stay at Disney and they were not disappointed! (I have had 6 visits myself and have NEVER been upgraded ...).

I was upgraded once at CB from a standard view to a Water view. It was also a closer room to Old Port Royale than we would have had. I was also upgraded at AKL from Std. Concierge to a fabulous Deluxe Concierge room. I have never been upgraded at WL and even though it's my favorite resort some of my rooms views have not been so good. My next trip there in 17 days I have paid for a Courtyard view :woohoo:
I could camp out by the bathroom in WDW and still be happy because I was there.:thumbsup2

We were upgraded to a Lagoon view at GF....and just recently upgraded to an awesome LV at YC as well!! Now that we are DVC owners..I do not foresee upgrades in my future! lol

I've had my fair share of upgrades. I never make room requests and I never ask for upgrades. :)

we were upgraded at csr to waterview but it wasn't that big of a deal to me.
I didn't expect it and no one even mentioned it was a upgrade. goodluck but you will enjoy you stay no matter the view.:thumbsup2

AT AKL we were upgraded from standard room to Savannah and that was both the rooms I had booked.

We were upgraded at BC in May from standard to concierge with an awsome view of SAB.

Best pixie dust ever,,,so far

Last September, we were upgraded at the Poly to the Hawaii building, Magic Kingdom view! Spoiled us forever!

:goodvibes We were upgraded last year from a standard room to a woods view with bunkbeds. It was nice and quiet

Waterview at POFQ is way overrated. You won't be missing much. You'll enjoy the resort all the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter