• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone gotten ME luggage tags for trips?

We're leaving the 21st and have only recieved our confirmation stuff.

No ME stuff...and there is supposed to be some sort of vacation package with brochures and stuff....I think.....

I have been following the events on this board and it has been a great source of info....but I just hate getting stuff at the last minute...however it appears thats the way this is gonna be.

Anyone recieved the vacation package? Does that come with the ME stuff?

OurDogCisco said:
We leave Friday the 13th... I called today since we haven't received our tags yet. They said that if you don't get your tags you'll just give your luggage claim tickets to the CM and they will get your luggage. I am not sure how comfortable I am with this. I told them I don't think I trust them to get my luggage once it has made it to the luggage claim area. I'm sure they'd be looking for others as well. I've read reports where this hasn't been a problem. So, I am not sure what we are going to do. They did say we could bring our luggage onto the bus and it would be stowed down below. I am not sure who is responsible for the lost luggage if an issue were to occur. I'm sure Disney will not take responsibility. What would you do? Should I trust them? I sure hope our tags arrive before Friday and then, I'd feel much better about this.

Tina

I've read several threads where the discussion was based on the getting your own luggage and taking them to the busses. Based on what others have been saying, I do not believe you will be able to go get your luggage and then have them load it under the bus. The reason being, if one person did that it would start a trend and the next thing you know, there would be a bunch of people wanting to load their luggage on the buses. I believe they want to keep those buses moving and get people loaded on as quickly as possible so they can get to the resort and back to get more people. I have a feeling if you go with them to pickout your luggage, the CM's will take the luggage to the truck to be delivered to the resort, I don't believe they will load them on the bus you are traveling on. (I could be wrong) :confused3

astrobooze said:
We're leaving the 21st and have only recieved our confirmation stuff.

No ME stuff...and there is supposed to be some sort of vacation package with brochures and stuff....I think.....

I have been following the events on this board and it has been a great source of info....but I just hate getting stuff at the last minute...however it appears thats the way this is gonna be.

Anyone recieved the vacation package? Does that come with the ME stuff?

The ME information will be mailed out approximately 21 days before you are to depart for your trip. If you booked thru a travel agent, the ME stuff will go to them and then they will have to forward it to you so you should get it within 15 days before the trip.

I leave Wednesday and booked through a travel agent. I got an e-mail from Disney reminding me to put my ME luggage tags on my bags. I would EXCEPT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THEM! :rotfl2:

I'm trying not to stress over it. I'm buying some funky ribbon to put on the bags to help the CMs find it.

We leave on 5/14 and just received the ME package today....though with the wrong resort printed on it. I called and they had me cross everything off and write the correct one on it. I did that, but I am also going to pack more in our carryon than I have now!! :earboy2:

vascubaguy said:
I've read several threads where the discussion was based on the getting your own luggage and taking them to the busses. Based on what others have been saying, I do not believe you will be able to go get your luggage and then have them load it under the bus. The reason being, if one person did that it would start a trend and the next thing you know, there would be a bunch of people wanting to load their luggage on the buses. I believe they want to keep those buses moving and get people loaded on as quickly as possible so they can get to the resort and back to get more people. I have a feeling if you go with them to pickout your luggage, the CM's will take the luggage to the truck to be delivered to the resort, I don't believe they will load them on the bus you are traveling on. (I could be wrong) :confused3

This is fine except when I talked to the rep today she said that I could do this plus they can't guarantee that you luggage won't get loss. I'd be okay with them retrieving my luggage if I had the tags. So, I think, they need to make sure the tags get mailed out on time or they need to deal with customers like me! I'm sorry I just don't trust them enough with a system they have only had in place for 5 days. I'm gonna see how it feels when I get to the airport and if I don't like it then, we'll take a cab. It's no big deal since we aren't really paying for the airport transport. If others feel comfortable with it, then, that's great! But I don't.

Tina

vascubaguy said:
The ME information will be mailed out approximately 21 days before you are to depart for your trip. If you booked thru a travel agent, the ME stuff will go to them and then they will have to forward it to you so you should get it within 15 days before the trip.

Well we leave on the 21st of May....and we booked it through the WDW website.....Our confirmation stuff also said that we would recieve our ME stuff 21 days before we arrive....however we leave in 11 days and haven't recieved anything.

I'm not gonna worry about it....I'm sure it will come.....Eventually.....

Is everyone recieving them via FedEx? We're leaving in the AM...and still no tags :confused3

Question: If you do receive your tags and vouchers...do you head straight for the bus? Or do you still need to check in at the ME counter?

Thanks

kycat said:
Is everyone recieving them via FedEx? We're leaving in the AM...and still no tags :confused3

Question: If you do receive your tags and vouchers...do you head straight for the bus? Or do you still need to check in at the ME counter?

Thanks

I sure hope they don't send the tags fedEx because if you aren't home to sign for them then, fedex won't leave them at your door step. UPS will here but not Fedex.

I am not sure about the 2nd question but I believe you still need to check-in...

Here's some pixie dust that you get the tags before you leave tomorrow!

Tina

We leave Friday and they came today. They have all are information on them. (The Hotel,reservation number and are names) I'm so happy they came one less thing to stress over.

My travel agent just received our ME tags. They are FedExing them to me today. I leave this Friday 5/13/04. I am so releived that I don't have to wait in all those lines at the airport.

That is wonderful that you received them, I know I will be stressing out though if I don't have them by the Monday before we leave like you. Why on earth would they leave it to the last minute like that. They have had our information for over 6 months!

Lesley

kycat said:

Thanks

We recieved them FedEx and they left them at the door.

The book says. Please take the airport tram to the main Terminal building where you will be greeted by a Disney representative and directed to the Disney welcome Center located on the A side of the airport on Level one.

At the welcome center, please present this booklet and your airline baggage claim tickets to the Disney Representative to confirm your transportation arrangements to the Walt Disney Resort.

i am starting to worry too we leave on sunday the 15th and we still dont have them yet. i also worry cause we are actually leaving home on the 13th so i hope they dont come on the 14th :confused3

We are leaving Friday and they came Fed Ex today. Right after I got off the phone with DME. Who whould've thunk it!

We leave on Sunday and these posts are giving me hope that we will get our tags.

We leave on Saturday and we got our tags today via overnight express mail. Yeah!!! I really didn't think that we would get them. In fact, when I called the other day, they gave me the whole contingency plan speech. I'm really happy to have them and the flight information was all correct! Wishing you all luck with your tags and one less thing to worry about!

Brook 106

:)

I had truly not expected the tags to show up and wasn't worrying too much about it. We're leaving this Sat, 5/14, and our tags with correct flight info on the doc showed up via fedex today! I was happily surprised!

We received our tags on Friday for our departure tomorrow via fedex. The DME rep had our flight info correct, but told us that they were not printed on our booklet in order to speed up the printing process. I hope to post our experience tomorrow from the contemporary as I am not able to escape work and it should be a quick post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter