Anyone gone to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel? (Where you swim w/dolphins?)

kangaroodle

DVC Member
I was wondering if anyone has done this park. Not really interested in the dolphin swim as my kids are too young. I'd love to do it but not alone. Has anyone done the othere things at the park? It looks like something my kids (ages 3 and 6) might like to do for part of the day. We want to do some sight-seeing as well as go to the beach. Any insight? Thanks!:confused:

I just was there in January. I wasn't able to snorkel because it was just too rough that day. There is a little area, not really a true beach, but you can lounge and look out, and there is a little sand. I saw some pretty interesting sand castles. There is also a lot of area to walk around and a beautiful lagoon. The park has some ruins, but i didn't see much in that area. This is very easy to do on your own.

We (DH, DS 2 yrold, DS 5 yrold, me and two grandparents) did the DCL excursion--Sea Lion Discovery. Chanakaaab is a beautiful place. We looked around a bit and then we went to see the Sea Lion show which also included a bird show. It was perfect for my age children. We then walked around the "ruins" a bit before heading back to ship. I know a lot of people book their own cabs to the park but frankly, with two small children and my elderly inlaws (one is handicapped) I was glad not to hire a cab the area where this happens was crowded and the street has cars whizzing by. Just my thoughts.

The park is a definate winner in Cozumel!!
We rented a jeep (a beat up one which we had a blast in.. our kids are older so it worked for us) $60/day cash through Cozumel Insider/sherri. that got us to several places on our schedule.

First we drove all the way out to the ruins past the point (took 3 hours round trip including walking time. A waste of time in our family's opinion.)

Then we cruised on over to Mr. Sanchos. Free to enter. Had a nice lunch came to about $26 including several beers. The outside market was cute, clean and people friendly. We swam there and the beach & water were great. They have the water trampoline there the kids enjoyed.

Next was out late afternoon swim with the dolphins at Chankanaab Park. AWSOMMEE!!!! DS10, DD11, DH,38 and me the photographer all agreed the opportunity of a lifetime.

Our group was very small (5 only!) the interaction and trick parts were more than we imagined. We bought the $45 video and several photos. Then we snorkeled in the afternoon in a very quite/ not crowded water right off the beach area.

The park was clean, friendly staff. $10/per person but free if you booked the Dolphin Discovery Dolphin swim.

I am working on our trip report now and it should be ready later this week.

Good luck,

Barnesquad

We did this on our own last week. It was our best day of the cruise. We took a cab for $10, and paid $10 per adult admission (they didn't charge for DD's 4 & 8). We got there around 11:00 and the girls had a ball playing in the small family beach. It is pretty shallow, so I was comfortable with them going in while I lounged on a beach chair in the sun. DH snorkeled most of the time (we brought our own snorkel gear). They have waiters that take drink orders on the beach, and there is a good open air restaurant right next to the beach for lunch. My DDs had there hair braided there, and they did a good job for a decent price.

All in all a very pretty, clean place to spend a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter