Anyone going to WDW in October?

TravelingJen24

DVC Member
Anyone going to WDW in October? Or if you have before could you let me know how the weather is? We are booked through ressie at OKW, but are hoping that are ROFR passes soon so we can book something that way.

Hi, We have gone to the world every october for the past 3 years.The weather has been in the mid 80's.I dont know if it was luck but on all of my trips We have never had a day of rain (except for a quick downpour around dinnertime once)The evenings are still warm and Ive never needed a sweater at night.October is a great month to go, and usually not too crowded( but I see a lot of people are going this year ) Have Fun and Enjoy!!!

Weather is beautiful in October. We have gone in October for several years now and the weather has always been great. (knocking on wood here). In general at the beginning of October we have not needed a sweatshirt or coat of any kind at all. During the day I would say mid to low 80's. Towards the end of the month sometimes we have needed a sweatshirt in the morning or in the evening but as long as the sun was up in was warm.

We love WDW in October! Great weather, manageable crowds. We will be going to MNSSHP on Oct 17, and we are staying at the poorly maintained, disappointing BCV AGAIN, just 5 months before another crappy trip to BCV in March. Life just sucks doesn't it?

No-one but DVC members should visit WDW in October ;)

Then we won't have to wait in any lines.:rolleyes:

Just think, private viewings of Wishes and Illuminations. ::yes::

Okay, the rest of you can visit for the 1st week, then on October 7th you all gotta go home :wave2:

You can come back on the day after Holloween:hyper:

Does anyone think that I may get lucky and get something with my points if I close at the end of the month for my DVC? If not we are still going to go, but would like to not have to pay.:smooth:

My favorite time to go is in October. Great weather, less crowds. We are staying at SSR this october. Taking my parents with us for my Mom's 60th birthday. The only issue with going in October is having the kids miss a few days of school. So far it has not been a problem. There teachers have them do a writing assignment of some sort about the vacation. Once you have been to Disney in October you'll be hooked!

We're going in October. We have a 1 bedroom at SSR, but are on the wait list for a 2 bedroom. We only have four of us, but thought the second bedroom might give us a little more space.

Our first trip was in last Oct in 1997. It rained every day except the last. It poured each and every day, but we did it all. Got ponchos and nearly wore them out. We had a few dry times throughout the trip where we got to the pool and the water parks, but we almost developed webbed feet.

We have our tickets for MNSSHP and my husband is doing the 10K.

You don't say when you are going in October. If it is the last week of the month, don't give up your current reservation. We thought we might need an additional studio (already have a 2 bedroom) at OKW for a few days from the 23rd to the 26th. I could get Saturday night but would have to wait list for the rest. Nothing was available for those days even SSR. Luckily things changed again and it's not an issue now.

We have been going for a few years in October, always the last week. Sometimes it's VERY warm, somtimes it's nice and sometimes it's cool. I usually check the weather channel website for about a week before we leave.

It is a great time to go!

Cyn

We are going Oct. 10-17, which I booked before I realized that the weekend before was Columbus day. I know that even if we do get something, that the first night we will have to settle on something smaller.

We are going 10/23 through 10/30 and staying in a 1 bdrm @ BCV. I have a feeling you'll have to use your original ressie as MNSSHP and the F&W Festival have got things booked pretty solid. But, a little pixie dust goes a long way...so don't give up hope!

Im going from 10th October to 31st October and you can see from my signature how many hotels we are staying at. I am also on the waitlist for two nights at BWV and have been for the last two months...its very popular in October.

Denise :)

Hello, my first post here. I have been reading for a few months now trying to plan our 10/12-10/14 BCV & 10/15-10/22/04 SSR vacation. It's the second time we have used our points. Last time was 2/03 and stayed at the BCV (did the member only cruise too) and we absolutely loved it. Reading all the problems a little scared to stay now. Thinking of seeing if we can change to say the AK for those three days. We can't wait - there are 6 of us going and I have a dedicated 2br reserved at both. This will be our first time going in October. I hear it's the best time to go. We usually go in May but decided not to any longer due to the large croweds over Mothersday weekend. I have tickets for two nights 10/14 & 10/17 to the Halloween Party. Kids are overly excited and we still have 60 some odd days to go.

I enjoy reading everyones messages and look forward to possibly doing a trip report when we get back if I can find the time.

Thanks for reading!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave: ::MinnieMo

First time "home" to the VWL 1B this Oct 2-8
First time for MNSSHP Oct 3rd
:bounce:

We always go the last week in October/first week in November and love it. Great weather. Only once did we need sweatshirts for the entire morning.

Hi all:wave:

We are taking our first trip home to OKW Oct 16 - 23. We are sooo excited, esp. the planners, me and my mom::yes::

We will also be going to MNSSHP on Oct 20. I guess extra clothes will be in
order, at least a sweater or light jacket for the evenings. I know my kids will want to swim so I hope its warm enough :sunny:

Lisa:sunny:

We'll be there Oct. 17 - 25, 2004. Were there the same time last year and really enjoyed our stay. It was warm! Did our first MNSSHP last year and are starting our trip with MNSSHP this year on the night of 10/17/04! DH is going to "volunteer" at the Funai Golf Tournament later in the week. and we'll find time to go to the F&W Festival!! It's going to be a great trip!! I only wish the days would pass faster!!

We (me, DW, DD 4, DS 2 1/2) are going Oct 1-9. We'll be staying Fri/Sat nights at Shades of Green. Then we'll be going "home" to OKW Sun-Thu night in a 1BR. Finally, we'll top it off Fri night at either a Value or Moderate. My brother and his new bride will be there as well -- he's active US Army, hence the stay at SOG.

We've been to WDW in Oct. a couple of times -- one year it was cold, the following year it was blazing hot! Too hot for our kid's Halloween costumes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter