Anyone going to Star Wars Celebration V?

Only a week to go!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I just put the finishing touches on the costumes that DH and I will be wearing last night, now we've just got to try to fit everything in one suitcase each so we don't have to pay for extra bags. :thumbsup2

:banana: Getting so close!

Don't forget to leave room in the bag for all the souvenirs!!!

Don't forget to leave room in the bag for all the souvenirs!!!

I really have a feeling we're going to be paying that extra bag fee. We already pre-ordered the Leia & Han "I Love You" "I Know" t-shirt set, and I know we want the exclusive Disney starspeeder and t-shirt from Last Tour to Endor, and who knows how much other stuff. *sigh* My wallet may regret this trip! ;)

I really have a feeling we're going to be paying that extra bag fee. We already pre-ordered the Leia & Han "I Love You" "I Know" t-shirt set, and I know we want the exclusive Disney starspeeder and t-shirt from Last Tour to Endor, and who knows how much other stuff. *sigh* My wallet may regret this trip! ;)

My wallet too, but it's going to be so much fun!

I wonder if any celebrities from the convention will attend the Last Tour Party? I know Disney isn't saying any stars will be there but you never know!!

I'll be at both!

Is anyone else staying at POFQ? I'm wondering how the shuttle service to the convention center is going to work. When I called they told me that all it says for them is that there will be a shuttle once a day...

We are! My dh and 2 year old son are so excited! And I've made special tshirts for each day. we're going friday and saturday to the convention and to the party saturday night. I'm going to wait in line for my husband to get a wristband for the george lucas interview.

I'm going to wait in line for my husband to get a wristband for the george lucas interview.

Wow, you are a wonderful wife! :goodvibes The last time George Lucas was at a Star Wars Celebration was CIII in Indianapolis, and people got in line about 8pm the night before (DH and I didn't, we were at the 501st party). Over on theforce.net they're already talking about camping this time as well. Sounds like the "live" room (they're also having a room where the interview is broadcasted on a big screen) holds about 2500 people. 300 are VIP's with guaranteed wristbands so that leaves 2200 wristbands and last I heard about 30,000 attendees. I would love to see it, but I'm not willing to camp so I don't have high hopes. Where can I find a wife like you?? :rotfl:

Wow, you are a wonderful wife! :goodvibes The last time George Lucas was at a Star Wars Celebration was CIII in Indianapolis, and people got in line about 8pm the night before (DH and I didn't, we were at the 501st party). Over on theforce.net they're already talking about camping this time as well. Sounds like the "live" room (they're also having a room where the interview is broadcasted on a big screen) holds about 2500 people. 300 are VIP's with guaranteed wristbands so that leaves 2200 wristbands and last I heard about 30,000 attendees. I would love to see it, but I'm not willing to camp so I don't have high hopes. Where can I find a wife like you?? :rotfl:

sorry, taken. :lmao: to be honest, I would love to see it too; but with a two year old, I don't want to ruin anyone else's experience with an unruly kid if he gets bored. And this trip was a surprise for his father's day present so it's a part of the deal. I'm used to overnighters because of Black Friday - now my husband, however, is not used to getting DS up and dressed - hee hee!:rotfl2:

Wow, you are a wonderful wife! :goodvibes The last time George Lucas was at a Star Wars Celebration was CIII in Indianapolis, and people got in line about 8pm the night before

I was at CIII when Lucas was there. I was standing in line to get tickets when a security guard opened a side door by the line a shouted to the crowd "If you have tickets, we have seats available for George Lucas right now!" Unfortunately I was waiting to buy tickets so I couldn't get in. I was surprised that they still had seats available for his appearance, he doesn't attend these conventions often.

sorry, taken. :lmao:
Darn, I might have been willing to switch teams for that! :laughing:

I was at CIII when Lucas was there. I was standing in line to get tickets when a security guard opened a side door by the line a shouted to the crowd "If you have tickets, we have seats available for George Lucas right now!" Unfortunately I was waiting to buy tickets so I couldn't get in. I was surprised that they still had seats available for his appearance, he doesn't attend these conventions often.

If I recall correctly they had 2 shows at CIII and the second one didn't end up full. We were in another show at the time, and I'm sorry I missed the open call. I'm crossing my fingers that something like that might happen this time, maybe we'll get lucky! :thumbsup2

I'm thinking about going. DS is a HUGE star wars fan, and he'd love that!! Are all the rides gonna be open, or just the special things for the party? Love that they're gonna do fireworks, that should be neat!

Lol, I was one of those people in that line at 8 pm. Just let me tell you...worst night of my life. It was close to freezing temperatures and there was freezing rain all night. Between four of us we had one tarp, one sleeping bag, and 4 folding chairs. The force was not with us.

Lol, I was one of those people in that line at 8 pm. Just let me tell you...worst night of my life. It was close to freezing temperatures and there was freezing rain all night. Between four of us we had one tarp, one sleeping bag, and 4 folding chairs. The force was not with us.
Oh man, I so would not have wanted to be in that line! :eek: We were dumb enough to walk back to our hotel from the 501st party and I thought I was going to freeze to death on the 15 minute walk, let alone being out there all night. My hair was frozen stiff from the rain by the time we got back. DH didn't even bring a coat that trip and he ended up sicker than I've ever seen him.

At least we don't have to worry about freezing rain and cold this time! :rotfl: (Of course we might sweat to death but I think that's the lesser of the two evils). DH is planning to wear his kilt with his officer's uniform in the hopes that'll provide some "air conditioning"... ;)

I wonder if any celebrities from the convention will attend the Last Tour Party? I know Disney isn't saying any stars will be there but you never know!!
Somebody's going to be at the party. Don't know who or how many, but this was in yesterday's Orlando Sentinel Blog about the Last Tour to Endor party.

Guests will have a different experience that during the parks’ annual Star Wars Weekends, but the themes will be familiar. Expect a mixing of Disney characters, the Star Wars universe and a few surprises from other films.

This show title gives a clue: “Raider of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom: A Fan Film of Epic Proportions.”

“For the first time ever, we’re combining the worlds of Star Wars and Indiana Jones at our Epic Stunt Spectacular Stage,” says Jason Surrell, senior show writer and show director for Walt Disney Creative Entertainment and Walt Disney Imagineering.

The show’s plot revolves around two filmmaker who have a competiton to make their next project on the Disney backlot. One is a Star Wars fan, the other favors Indiana Jones.

“They haven’t quite been able to agree on the story they want to tell, so they’re going to do both,” Surrell says.

The show will include cameo appearances from “actual Star Wars celebrities,” he says. The script has been blessed by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

TheDailyDisney: Last Tour To Endor Event Will Include Special Star Wars Touches

We are heading down... My husband and son are so excited... me... well it will be fun - but I see myself enjoying some quiet time by the pool more then them... We are also headed to the party Saturday night.. .I am looking forward to that!!

My husband is one that wants to get tix for George Lucas... but if you all are saying people start camping out at 8pm the night before I don't know if he will do that... :rotfl:

My husband and I are heading down for the entire weekend, and I am soooo excited! In case my screen name didn't give it away, I'm a huge fan.

It's my first convention and I get giddy just thinking about it.

anyone else waiting overnight for the george lucas tix? I could really use a buddy for bathroom breaks! I would love to do the line thing with a DIS'er!

Last day at work, whoo-hoo! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Any DISers feel free to come up and say Hi if you see DH and I! I'm probably easiest to recognize by my tattoo (guess any felony attempts are out of the question lol) :rotfl:

tattoo.jpg

Any DISers feel free to come up and say Hi if you see DH and I! I'm probably easiest to recognize by my tattoo (guess any felony attempts are out of the question lol) :rotfl:

tattoo.jpg

very cool! are you going to get a tattoo done there? I'm trying to convince my dh to get one!

tattoo.jpg

Sweet tat!!! I love it!!!

We leave Wednesday - staying at the Residence Inn Seaworld .... Kind of weird not staying on Disney Property... but we will make the best of it!!! LOL!!

Anyone have any idea what time people will line up for the George Lucas wristbands???

very cool! are you going to get a tattoo done there? I'm trying to convince my dh to get one!

No, I'm very picky about my artist, plus I wouldn't want the hassle of caring for a fresh tattoo while I'm there. I am planning to enter the tattoo contest though. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter