Anyone going to Disney in December?

We are going for the 1st Dec trip...and I have been reading everything I can about weather. I understand the concept of layering...but I have read people talking about having to buy woolen hats and gloves. For real?
It's Florida...isn't it supposed to be warm/hot?
Tank tops or t-shirts?
Ski pants or jeans?

I have a friend who lives in Florida who says shorts by day, hoodie by night... but reading the other posts is starting to scare me.

DD12 is never comfortable, always hot or always cold...she is going to be a tricky one this trip! :hippie:

Our first trip to WDW was in mid November and on our last day it was downright cold. It was so cold the cast members were advising us to buy sweatshirts or go back to the room and change. My hands were numb...and yes we all bought sweatshirts! (and a blanket for the baby). We learned from that exerience and always tuck a little extra jacket or something in our bag. Better to be safe than sorry (or spending $200 on sweatshirts and blankets in the park) :)

My family will be there Nov. 30-Dec. 9.:cool1: Oh, I can't wait! It wil be our first time at the Poly and a surprise to DD's. They know we are going, but they think we are staying at POR. We had breakfast & dinner at Ohana last year and they both loved the hotel. They will be so surprised! These are our plans so far:
MVMCP:santa:
BBB-2 DD's 8 & 4
CRT
CP
Ohana Character Breakfast
Ohana Dinner
Chef Mickey's
Le Cellier
50's Prime Time Cafe
Garden Grill
Norway-Dinner with Princess's

Going the 9th-16th to celebrate my youngest son's 2nd birthday, and my hubby returning from overseas. We are just planning on having fun is all.

We will be there the 14th-20th, and my hubby will be home from overseas too! Enjoy the time and thank you :hug:

Our first trip to WDW was in mid November and on our last day it was downright cold. It was so cold the cast members were advising us to buy sweatshirts or go back to the room and change. My hands were numb...and yes we all bought sweatshirts! (and a blanket for the baby). We learned from that exerience and always tuck a little extra jacket or something in our bag. Better to be safe than sorry (or spending $200 on sweatshirts and blankets in the park) :)

What about daytime wardrobe?

Getting so excited I can't even stand it!:cool1:

I am so excited also. My girls talk about it at some point everyday... I think I dream about it all day everyday!! I can't wait.

We're going the 5th through the 13th, longest time ever and can't wait!! BIG surprise for DS's 6 and 3, they think they're driving to their Aunts in Indiana :rotfl: love getting to pass one over on them!!! We (me and youngest DS, hubbie gets oldest to plan :>) will be at the parks ALL DAY!!! We're planning a Sea World day or two half days, and maybe Pirates Adventure Theater. I'm loving having the quick service dinning, I can eat any time and you can get so much food with it... plus I've yet to find a sit down that was impressive. We love the magic of the holiday decorations and I can't wait to get pics of all the Santas in Epcot.
Enjoy your trip!!

We are going to be there Dec 10-15 or at least that is the plan so far.:banana: It will be the first time during Christmas and 3 out of the 7 will be having their first trip to DW.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter