• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going to a Moonlight Magic Event?

tgropp

DIS Veteran
Is anyone eligible to go to a DVC Moonlight Magic event at Disney. This morning I had a queue number of 4631 and after 45 minutes I got my party of five reservations for the Epcot event on Feb 8’th. Looking forward to getting something free from Disney as you an enter Epcot at 7, get free dining vouchers at quick service centres, free ice cream bars and special fireworks.

Mel. There are 2 dates for each of the parks and water parks. It is on the DVC member site under events listing the dates for all events. Members must have a reservation at either a DVC resort or a Disney Hotel for the night of the event. There is lots of info on the DVC Miscellaneous forum

Mel. There are 2 dates for each of the parks and water parks. It is on the DVC member site under events listing the dates for all events. Members must have a reservation at either a DVC resort or a Disney Hotel for the night of the event. There is lots of info on the DVC Miscellaneous forum
Thanks Hon
It sounds wonderful. I will be there that week but unfortunately I am not staying in a Disney resort/ or my home resort DVC at OKW.... I am going to Universal this trip.
Have a great Time.
Thanks again
Mel

Last edited:

Will any of the Fesitval food booths be open during Moonlight Magic? If not, does anyone know what food is available that evening?

Do you know any details on the food? We went to an Epcot one about 5 years ago and the food was a hot dog , bag of chips and soda. Felt like junior high school lunch. Fireworks were great though.

We hope to get to one at DHS in May.

Do you need to have used a ticket that day in order to go to moonlight magic? Imm reading it as no, but does anyone know for sure. We are going for two weeks, but only 5 days tickets for DH.

Do you need to have used a ticket that day in order to go to moonlight magic? Imm reading it as no, but does anyone know for sure. We are going for two weeks, but only 5 days tickets for DH.
No ticket needed. You just have to be a “Blue card” DVC o member staying at a Disney resort on the night of the event. Then you will get an email to register for the event

We are there in March and no dates for us....We were lucky a number of years ago to do one at AK,,,,great time low crowds...enjoy

Thanks Hon
It sounds wonderful. I will be there that week but unfortunately I am not staying in a Disney resort/ or my home resort DVC at OKW.... I am going to Universal this trip.
Have a great Time.
Thanks again
Mel
Hey Mel, you might still be able to register, even if you're not staying on site. From the DVC site:
General Registration – Opens February 2, 2023 and February 9, 2023
Event registration for the February 8 EPCOT event opens to all eligible Members on February 2, 2023 (pending availability). Event registration for the February 15 EPCOT event opens to all eligible Members on February 9, 2023 (pending availability). For other Moonlight Magic events, please check back for information about when to register.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic

I never thought we'd actually get lucky enough to have a trip planned for a MM date, but the one at HS in September is on the same day we're checking in. I'm hoping I can get us registered!

Hey Mel, you might still be able to register, even if you're not staying on site. From the DVC site:
General Registration – Opens February 2, 2023 and February 9, 2023
Event registration for the February 8 EPCOT event opens to all eligible Members on February 2, 2023 (pending availability). Event registration for the February 15 EPCOT event opens to all eligible Members on February 9, 2023 (pending availability). For other Moonlight Magic events, please check back for information about when to register.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic
Hi Hon
Thank you so much for this information. This would be the highlight of my vacation if this happens.
Thanks again
Mel
:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
P.S. I just got a reservation at Beach Club for the party night so I am hopeful for Moonlight Magic!

Last edited:
We did Epcot last year and meeting all the villains was so much fun. We were able to do the Typhoon Lagoon event as well and enjoyed super short waits for the slides that night.

The best part of MM for me is all the rare characters we would otherwise never see/meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter