Anyone going next week

mandaf79

Earning My Ears
Is anyone going next week nervous about the possibility of this tropical storm they are talking about? I know Florida weather is unpredictable and things can change. I'm just scared there will be several days of downpours. I'm ok with afternoon thunderstorms. We are used to that. Any experiences or thoughts are appreciated.

I'll be there next week. I'm not worried about it. It always rains this time of year. Just makes it easier to get on rides as everyone else is hiding. :)

Just be prepared.... Bring umbrellas or ponchos to keep relatively dry.

We were there during tropical storm Debbie. 72 hours of non-stop rain. We just put on our ponchos, got some umbrellas and just kept swimming! Some rides were down, but EP FW was great as most things are inside. Rain kept the crowds away as well.

Yes at WDW May 31-June 5 but at this point path, likelihood and severity remain very much up in the air, will have to see how it all develops over the next few days. But cannot control or plan for the weather, will just need to bring rain jackets in case.

We'll be there from May 28-June 5. Doesn't look like there is much to worry about yet. They said it might be nothing, but would know more in the next couple of days.

I have a co-worker who heads down Sunday 29th through the 4th and they are planning on bringing ponchos and trekking through it! She said they hope that it knocks some of the Memorial week crowds down!

June 1st through June 6th....... as others said - not ideal but no control over the weather. Just hoping (and praying) there is more sunshine than rain :worship::worship::worship:

I live in South Florida and we are going to Disney over Memorial Day.

The local tv station has hardly even mentioned the tropics. Here is what they say today:

We've got a lot of sunshine across South Florida today, and temperatures will climb into the mid to upper 80s this afternoon. There is a nice breeze out of the east/northeast making it feel a little more comfortable and there's only a slight chance for isolated rainfall from now through this evening.

Tonight, partly to mostly clear with lows in the 60s inland and along the Treasure Coast, and low 70s along the Palm Beach County coast. There is a slight chance for a coastal shower. Light winds out of the northeast.

Wednesday, mostly to partly sunny with highs in the mid 80s. Only a slight chance for isolated rainfall . Breezy winds out of the northeast.

Friday through Sunday, partly sunny with isolated to scattered rainfall possible. Highs in the mid to upper 80s. Breezy on Friday but lighter winds on Saturday and Sunday out of the east.

Monday (Memorial Day), partly sunny with scattered rainfall possible. Highs in the mid to upper 80s.

Tuesday, partly sunny with isolated rainfall possible. Highs in the mid to upper 80s.

We're traveling on Sunday 5/29. We're actually thinking maybe we should wait until Monday 5/30. The TS is actually headed more for our state, so our biggest concern is driving in it. We're in Orlando until 6/12. Really hoping for good weather once we arrive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter