Anyone going Mid-Late Sept wanna share PHOTOPASS?

annieb727

DIS Veteran
I will be arriving Sept 17 and going home the 26th. We already did the prepurchase of photopass - and got the discount for it ($99.95 instead of $129.95).

Here's how it will work. After your trip, DO NOT enter your photopass numbers on the photopass site. You will email them to me. I will enter them under my account number. Then I will forward you the login and password, where you can go in and add borders and such to your pictures. Then on a specified date (we'll figure that out when we know everyone's dates), I will order the CD. Once I get it, I will make copies and ship them out to everyone. I figure shipping will be about $5 and we have a bunch of CDs and DVDs, so I'm not worried about the cost for those.

So...here's what the price would be:

If there are two people: it will be $52.50 each
Three people: $36.65 each
Four people: $28.75 each
Five people: $24.00 each
Six People: $20.85 each

I'm not sure if we should to much more than that...or it might be too many pictures.

Let me know! So far it's just me - and there's one person who is interested, but hasn't told me positively if she wants to do it.

What is photopass ? I’m going this weekend

From the Photopass website:

To get started, have your photos taken by any Disney's PhotoPass Photographer. You can find them in all of our Walt Disney World ® Resort and Disneyland ® Resort Theme Parks as well as at our Florida Water Parks and at World of Disney ® New York. You'll then be able to:

Order high-quality prints of your favorite photos
Get all of your Disney's PhotoPass photos on a CD
Share your photos online with friends and family
Enhance your photos with character signatures and fun Disney borders -- even crop them to suit your needs
Create customized PhotoCards, PhotoBooks and PhotoMovies
Plus, we're excited to announce we have more magic than ever! Now you can upload your own photos and create some incredible Disney photo keepsakes including Disney's PhotoMovie, PhotoBook, and PhotoCards. So, get started creating your masterpiece today!

Be sure to log on now to view your photos. They will only be available for 30 days after they are claimed, and we don't want you to miss out on the fun!

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/

We might be interested ~ but in the 2 times we went last year I didn't see a lot of Photopass Photographers.

Hey I know you. :) (I'm AKA hobbitfeet)

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Was in discussions with ye olde husband. I do believe we WILL share in this. DH isn't too sure...he had just started to trust internet-friends, and then I got my wittle feelings hurt by someone I thought was a close friend, and he went all protective on me, but I think I'll trust ya.

As you know we're going the 17th to 21st, or 22nd, or even 23rd.

Now, can we look at the pictures at the kiosk I've heard about, or not at all? Can't be said too often, right? No one is to enter pictures into an account! :upsidedow

I may be interested in doing this, as well. I just have to talk to my wife. We'll be there from 9/18 - 9/21.

How would we pay you? Would we arrange a meeting at the park?

We might be interested ~ but in the 2 times we went last year I didn't see a lot of Photopass Photographers.

Well, if you want to, it will only be $28.75 each. Since it looks like so far we'll have four groups. Photopass photographers are with the characters where they used to hand you a slip of paper, now they slide your photopass card. Usually ones as you enter going down main street, to take your picture facing the castle.

I think I'll post another thread and ask if people have seen many photopass people around. We went last year, and I don't think they even have photopass when we went in Sept and Oct of last year.

Hey I know you. :) (I'm AKA hobbitfeet)

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Was in discussions with ye olde husband. I do believe we WILL share in this. DH isn't too sure...he had just started to trust internet-friends, and then I got my wittle feelings hurt by someone I thought was a close friend, and he went all protective on me, but I think I'll trust ya.

As you know we're going the 17th to 21st, or 22nd, or even 23rd.

Now, can we look at the pictures at the kiosk I've heard about, or not at all? Can't be said too often, right? No one is to enter pictures into an account! :upsidedow

Hey You! I'm sorry to hear that you got burned by someone *hugs*
I am not sure about looking at them at the kiosk...I'm not sure if I would chance it...but maybe someone knows for sure...I am going to ask some questions about it in another thread, so maybe I'll pop that in as well.

I may be interested in doing this, as well. I just have to talk to my wife. We'll be there from 9/18 - 9/21.

How would we pay you? Would we arrange a meeting at the park?

Hey! That would be great! Well, we could arrange a meeting at the park if you would feel more comfortable that way. I wasn't sure about how it would all work yet...I do have a paypal account, so that's an option too.

And since we've prepaid it, I would ask that I get the money before I send it out to you guys.

Alright...so looks like we have:

me - annieb727 17th-26th
BurnsideMommy 13th-17th
bumbershoot 17th-21st (or so)
snoodledoo 30th-Oct 4th

Maybe:
DisneyMomma81 24th-26th
Mr_UCLA 18th-21st

So if the maybe's are YES's then our cost drops to:
$20.85 each!!!

ETA: if the maybe's are yes's I think this will be our limit...

I would be nterested in joining also. However, my trip is October 10-14. Is that too late?

Also, I don't really understand how photopass works. In Disney World you get a card to use, and all the photos must be on the same card. How would it work with multiple folks? (or is it different in Disneyland?) :confused:

I would be nterested in joining also. However, my trip is October 10-14. Is that too late?

Also, I don't really understand how photopass works. In Disney World you get a card to use, and all the photos must be on the same card. How would it work with multiple folks? (or is it different in Disneyland?) :confused:

That might be a bit late...I don't want to push it too close...
From what I understand we have 30 days to claim the pics, then 30 days to add stuff to them...with the earliest person starting their trip 13th...that would be past the 30 days.

I'd like to join (going Sept. 11-18) but if it's too late I wouldn't mind starting a group either. If someone is interested in me leading a group (b/c this one is full, PM me and I'll start a thread if there is interest).
Rachel

Looks like you have enough people already annieb727.
If anyone drops out let me know.

Or maybe we could start a second late September group?

Does anyone know how many pictures can be on 1 CD?
Also, what is the average pictures taken per family?

FWIW, all the pictures don't have to be on the same card, not even at WDW! If you forget your first card in your room, you just ask for another. If your party splits up, one takes a card, another gets a new one. :) Then just put them all on the same account. So this is like a BIG extended family all sharing. :)

Has anyone read bradk's webpage on photopass? It's really WDW specific, which is a bit difficult b/c I don't know if there are any DL specific quirks, but it is very good.

I talked to my wife and we are definitely in. Just let me know the details when you finalize them. Thanks in advance for this generous offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter