Anyone getting good car rental prices?

We priced out rentals in both Costco.ca and Costco.com. The U.S. was a better deal. The fine print states U.S. resident but we were still able to book it for our trip this weekend. I called the U.S. costco travel number and they verified that yes we could rent off the us website.

I've booked many car rentals on the U.S. Costco.com website for trips over at least the last 5 years and never had a problem.

I've booked many car rentals on the U.S. Costco.com website for trips over at least the last 5 years and never had a problem.

My experience has been the same. I believe I've used costco.com for car rentals an average of 4-5 times/year for the past 2 or 3 years, and have never had a problem. More often than not, I book with Alamo, and pre-check it. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but irregardless I've never had issues.

Good. I'll keep looking and include costco.com in my rounds. I did check last night and everything was still high. Costco has gone up since I booked it (and subsequently cancelled as I found something slightly better). So I am at $340 for 10.5 days in a midsize.

I'm not sure about March rates but we were just checking rates for early January and they seemed high - suppose it's because it is lsst minute?

If you have airmiles, you can redeem points for a car rental. We just booked through airmiles with Budget for an intermediate car. 1200 air miles + $57 = week car rental
Lots of discount codes on mousesavers as well so try there

Have a fabulous trip!

HTH

Thank you so much for this great tip! :thumbsup2 Looked it up and we are going to do the same!

Thank you so much for this great tip! :thumbsup2 Looked it up and we are going to do the same!

I just booked ours with am too. Couldn't find anything decently priced for a fullsize or bigger for our dates. And with the exchange rate now..:scared1: I'm glad I don't have to keep searching every day!

I'm having a terrible time getting a decent price for a minivan. Our family of 7 (5 kids, 2 adults) is going to Disney via Make A Wish and they don't cover a car for us. We need a minivan because there are 7 of us and my 14 year old is also in a wheelchair. The cheapest I've found is $460USD for 8 days (April 25-May 2). I've tried Costco (both .com and .ca) and can't find anything cheaper. What codes are people using to get them so cheap?
Thanks!
Jessica

FYI just saw a more reasonable rate pop up at Dollar for a city special for March. It's still not quite as good as the one I booked some time ago, but I haven't seen anything that comes close in a while.

Dollar and Thrifty minivan rates have dropped a lot for next week when we go starting Feb. 17. Budget's 12 pass van rates are down too.

Glad to hear it Wanda. So that's pretty close to your travel dates--I will not give up!

I booked through Costco.com last year for a slightly cheaper rate than Costco.ca, and had no issues.

I had booked with Avis in early Jan, and got a rate of 217. US for a full size car. We are going Mar 20-27. I thought with two kids and a stroller we will need a bigger vehicle. i Looked on Costco.com yesterday and got a minivan for the same dates for $220. This is with Budget. Getting excited for our trip, just over 30 + days away!

Anyone have info on getting better rates for an August rental at MCO? We're there 13 days, so far the best rate via Costco is $617 USD for an mid sized. Ouch, that's almost more than our flights. I've tinkered with a few coupon codes, but not much better. Priceline suggested $1400 (USD) is a reasonable price, and I'd better book it now. Ha!

I only need a car for a couple of days later in March.
On Costco.ca I was able to get 35.00 per day renting from Alamo at the Dolphin. But I have a pile of airmiles sitting around so I think I will just cash in some of them. Has anyone booked on the airmiles site recently for cars? Is it a pretty easy process? Do they just send you a email confirmation for your booking?

I only need a car for a couple of days later in March.
On Costco.ca I was able to get 35.00 per day renting from Alamo at the Dolphin. But I have a pile of airmiles sitting around so I think I will just cash in some of them. Has anyone booked on the airmiles site recently for cars? Is it a pretty easy process? Do they just send you a email confirmation for your booking?

Very easy process, I just did it a couple of weeks ago. You do get an email confirmation, and just like a normal car rental, you are able to pick the company and the type of car. Very simple!

Anyone have info on getting better rates for an August rental at MCO? We're there 13 days, so far the best rate via Costco is $617 USD for an mid sized. Ouch, that's almost more than our flights. I've tinkered with a few coupon codes, but not much better. Priceline suggested $1400 (USD) is a reasonable price, and I'd better book it now. Ha!

We are going Aug 5 - 16th so 11 days in total, picking up and returning to MCO, we have an intermediate car with all insurances, taxes and additional drive for $349 USD which we found via Sky Scanner. The rental company is SIXT which is off-site with a shuttle from each terminal. We pay when we get there or you could choose to pay now. We have used SIXT when we went to England last September and found them to be really good and helpful. You can register all your details and then no counter to deal with.

I keep hearing from everyone else to book when you find a price you like and then keep looking with cheaper prices coming the closer the trip is. I am happy with the price I have but will keep trying as I think so far my prices have dropped around $50 so far.

Thanks for the info. After a bit of couponing, I've got the rate down to about $400 USD, still high, but for a 13 day rental at peak time, not too bad. I may lock in for now, and keep checking as the date gets closer.

Air canada vacations have had some awesome car rental prices of late! I got a mini van for 8 days for $330 !

Just booked a minivan through Budget.ca, Nov 28-Dec 11 for $512 US, including taxes. Of course there's the exchange rate but it's better than $1000+ for two weeks. Do you think there are better deals to be had?

When using Costco to book, Canadians MUST use Costco.ca. We are not able to book via the American site. It's very clearly stated in the fine print.

Even for March break I have never paid more than $100 all in for a 1 week rental. Prices always go up before they go down.
I've always been able to book on Costco.com. Never a problem

FYI just saw a more reasonable rate pop up at Dollar for a city special for March. It's still not quite as good as the one I booked some time ago, but I haven't seen anything that comes close in a while.
Beware of Dollar! I booked it once, but was hesitant and held on to my Budget res that was only a few $ more. Went to Dollar desk for my midsize. They said I'd get a PT Cruiser :-( those cars have zero trunk room, certainly not for 3 people's luggage. Asked for something with a trunk, and was told if I want that I'd have to PAY to upgrade
I told them I'll just go over to budget, and get my midsize with a trunk!!! They said fine. No customer service!
Budget ended up giving us a small SUV for same price as midsize.
I'll never rent from Dollar again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter