Anyone get sick on 6/1 Magic, just curious

miketiuf

Earning My Ears
Not complaining, because we had a wonderful time. Just curious DD-8yr got a bug Thursday night on Magic 6/1 and spent the night getting sick. Slept in on Friday and was fine going home on Saturday. Thought that was it but I got sick Saturday night, all night, slept all day Sunday, now Tuesday poor DD-2yr just started getting sick.

Never been on a cruise before so was just wondering if there was something we should have avoided or maybe it was just the luck of the draw or maybe we aren't very hardy cruisers.

Would love to go again sometime but want to reassure my husband this probably won't happen again.:eek:

We were on the 6/1 cruise and by the time we got home on Sunday, I felt rotten. Nothing specific, just flu like symptoms.
I figure it's probably exhaustion. I started feeling strange on Thursday afternoon. I'm sure it wasn't the seas because we were fortunate to have had great weather and calm seas.
Hope all of you are better now!

What room/deck were you in? Know how you feel. Whole family was sick last summer at beach for the week.:(

Anytime you put 2000+ people together in one area chances are someone could spread a bug....probably one of the passengers passed a bug around.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

MJ

Thursday night several of us felt the boat really moving although the sea was calm. I did take some bonine and so did my daughter which help a lot. I am still feeling the effects of boat movement but getting better every day. It brings back the great memories of a wonderful trip.

We were on the 06/01 Magic and none of us got sick. The first night DH and I were a little woozy, but that was it. :)

We were not on the cruise but we were at Disney World May 25 - June 2. Of the nine of us, seven of us got an awful stomach virus and were very sick for a couple of days. It began on Thurs. May 30 with my 6 yr old and every day there after one or two of us got sick until Wednesday of the next week.

I think my six year old got it from the pool at the WL but I could be wrong. We had been there 5 days before he became ill so I know he was infected while we were in Fla.

The kids bounced back pretty quickly but it almost killed the grown-ups!!!!

Caroline

We were on the 6/1 Magic and had one of our daughters sick for one day. I talked to several people that knew of or had a sick child. Maybe a bug going around. Saw many accidents in the pools/etc... So many people in a small area for so many days I guess it could have been much worse. She stayed in the room for a day and watched movies, not feeling horrible but not great. After about 24 hrs. she was good to go and my other children did not get it. Even noticed a couple of children sick at Castaway Cay.
Hope everyone is feeling better.

We were on 3/9 magic and sickness was in my family as well as several others. I had read post of sickness prior to 3/9 and have seen several after. I guess it has something to do with soooo many people packed on ship. It must just go around and around. As like others, we had a great time, but did have one sick all during the night (and were woke up at 4:30 to fire on board) and then the other child sick all night the next night.
We were also on deck 5. Not that it has anything to do with being sick.....Next time, I will be sure to have some sort of stomach meds with me.

I got really sick with a cold/sore throat after our last Wonder cruise. I strongly suspect it had something to do with the kid I saw coughing all over the buffet, or others like him. Dad was with him and didn't say a word...guess they wanted to spread his "gift" to others. That's one reason that I'm usually not very big on buffets, but I just can't resist the Wonder's American buffet lunch.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter