• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone get seasick after getting home off the boat

mistyandbenjamin

Mouseketeer
I was fine while on the boat but I am so dizzy now I am sick. I feel like I am hung over and can't walk straight. I had to take sea sickness meds a few hours ago. I got off the magic yesterday. Has this happened to anyone else?
Code:

Were you taking any sea sickness meds while you were on the ship? Maybe you're having a delayed reaction if the meds have worn off. :confused3 I know it sounds weird, but ya never know. :laughing:

I've had some problems in the past where for a month after I got off the ship I felt like I was dizzy and felt like I still had my "sea legs" on. Once I went to the dr. and he gave me meds for vertigo.

I hope you had a fantastic cruise and that you feel better soon!!

I was fine while on the boat but I am so dizzy now I am sick. I feel like I am hung over and can't walk straight. I had to take sea sickness meds a few hours ago. I got off the magic yesterday. Has this happened to anyone else?
Code:

I haven't been on a cruise yet, but when I started flying a lot this happened at first. And after I have a long flight I get it sometimes. It is your equilibrium trying to adjust.

The same exact thing happened to me. Never needed the medication on board. Took it 2-3 times before I felt back to normal.

I had this happen after our last cruise. It took a about a week to go away entirely, but it did get progressively better each day. I think I took Bonine to help control the symptoms.

Were you taking any sea sickness meds while you were on the ship? Maybe you're having a delayed reaction if the meds have worn off. :confused3 I know it sounds weird, but ya never know. :laughing:

I've had some problems in the past where for a month after I got off the ship I felt like I was dizzy and felt like I still had my "sea legs" on. Once I went to the dr. and he gave me meds for vertigo.

I hope you had a fantastic cruise and that you feel better soon!!

I didn't take anything while on boat but the last night the ride was very rough.

You still have your "sea legs". When I was in the Navy it would take about 2 or 3 days on land after a long cruise (6 months)to get accustomed to not moving.

I usually feel a little dizzy...sort of like the world is moving every time we return from a cruise. Usually lasts about half as long as the cruise did. Never been bad enough to get sick though.

Insureman is right on the money.

It usually takes me a day or so after every cruise to lose my sea legs - and I never get motionsick onboard!

I'm an evil mom. I'm looking forward to seeing my (then) 7yo wig out because the land is moving!:rotfl: He's a total ham - it will be amusing.

Hang in there!!! It will pass....

Code:

I did not get sick, but I was sitting at the kitchen table just after we got home yesturday and I felt myself rocking back and forth. Strange.

Insureman is right on the money.

It usually takes me a day or so after every cruise to lose my sea legs - and I never get motionsick onboard!

I have been on 3 cruises. On the first 2, I went to bed nauseated - it hit me after the shows; then I woke up fine for the duration of the cruise & never had a problem coming home. Never took any meds ever. I too got off the Magic yesterday, and had no problems. However, this AM, I woke up dizzy. Not bad, just a little and it's better as the day wears on. I think the rough seas we experienced are contributing to it!

Didn't have any problems on board ship last week, enjoyed the Magic 5 night trip, however today, the day after feel like I'm dizzy, like I'm still on the cruise.

Read online about some post "sea-sick" feelings?

Any one experience this effect?? How long does it last? Any over the counter med would help?

THanks

Chris

Didn't have any problems on board ship last week, enjoyed the Magic 5 night trip, however today, the day after feel like I'm dizzy, like I'm still on the cruise.

Read online about some post "sea-sick" feelings?

Any one experience this effect?? How long does it last? Any over the counter med would help?

THanks

Chris

Try some Bonine (meclizine).

Post-cruise wooziness, feeling of motion...? It has a name.

This sensation of movement and vertigo is called "Mal de Debarquement Syndrome". Many cruise travellers will feel the wave motion for days and possibly weeks after disembarking from their cruise.

For some people the feeling can last several months and this is cause for concern. But for most people, it will abate over time and they will recover without any long term effects.

For me after my first cruise (7 day Eastern), I felt the rocking motion on dry land for two weeks after our trip. On our most recent trips, I felt it only for a couple days after.

I have taken 5 cruises and after the first 4 cruises I had to get my land legs back so to speak but it usually took a couple of hours. On my last cruise, the 5th one, which was also my shortest cruise 3 nights vs. all the others were 7 nights. I felt so dizzy, sick and unsteady for 1 week! The only thing different about this cruise was that we had 8 to 13 foot waves almost the whole time. I was ok with the motion on board and never took any meds at all. It was so odd. I appreciate all the info I am getting on this from this board.

Absolutely!!! I was on the patch for our last cruise and when I got off the ship I immediately took it off. I was not right for at least a week...dizzy...nauseous. I ended up taking dramamine for the next week until I could get straightened back out. Everything eventually went back to normal and we are planning more cruises for the upcoming year :-)

I had the same thing happen when we got off our last cruise.I took bonine on the ship and never felt ill.But when I got off every time I took a step it felt like I pushed the earth down!. I asked my family"Did you all feel that" :lmao: DH never felt it but my DD12 did. It lasted for a couple days

It is happening to me, too! Got off the Magic on Saturday, and I am still dizzy and swaying. I had no trouble on the ship, for I was wearing a patch for motion sickness. Now that I am home and it is off, I am miserable. I keep feeling like I am going to fall over. The room is swaying back and forth as if I am on the high seas. Auugghh! Please saqy it will end soon! I just booked a 7 day Eastern for next January!

I too am one of those who feel it after getting off the ship and never on. Although, we have had rough seas on 3/4 of our cruises!

Usually for me, it lasts about 4-7 days after disembarking. I tend to notice it often sitting at the computer. I have never taken anything for it, it does go away on it's own

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter