Anyone get room upgrades recently?

Nope--we didn't even get any acknowledgment from the staff that we got married...other than the frog that dh had to catch because the staff said they'd be up within an hour to catch it;-)

Codie said:
Nope--we didn't even get any acknowledgment from the staff that we got married...other than the frog that dh had to catch because the staff said they'd be up within an hour to catch it;-)

OMG!!! I'm so glad we weren't the only ones!!! ;)

I was beginning to think we did something wrong!!! :teeth:

We did receive an upgrade back in 2003 at the Grand Floridian. I think it really depends on the occupancy level of the resort, as well as what their room assigner chooses to do. I think it’s important to book the room you want if you think you’d be disappointed without an upgrade. While upgrades are always a welcome bit of extra magic, they can’t be counted on.

DF and I went to the GF from 11/29 through 12/4 and we were given an upgrade from Sugar Loaf to Main Building concierge. I know they were pretty full at that time, but maybe they overbooked that building or something.

We had a great time!

princess:

hiwaygal said:
OMG!!! I'm so glad we weren't the only ones!!! ;)

I was beginning to think we did something wrong!!! :teeth:

LOL:) Me too!! I'm glad that we can know it just sometimes happens...I think it depends on the staff and where you stay. I've often had "issues" with the Beach Club staff where we stayed for the honeymoon...the staff at the Boardwalk was overly excited and friendly and happy when I checked in before the wedding :confused3

Not only did we recieve a room upgrade to a castle view, dormer room w/ a king bed at the GF, we also got a beautiful dessert with a letter of congratulations. Did anyone else get one of these?
173546201106_0_ALB.jpg

ead79 said:
We did receive an upgrade back in 2003 at the Grand Floridian. I think it really depends on the occupancy level of the resort, as well as what their room assigner chooses to do. I think it’s important to book the room you want if you think you’d be disappointed without an upgrade. While upgrades are always a welcome bit of extra magic, they can’t be counted on.
I agree, DH2B continued to ask me if I thought we would be upgraded to Savannah view that I finally did the upgrade for us!

We were told that our complimentary room would likely be upgraded, but if we wanted to stay in that room beyond the first night, we would have to pay the upgraded price. So we chose a room that we could afford, and one of those nights will be comped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter