Anyone get pre-trip blues?? I know crazy question!!!

I find myself worrying about everything now, too. Thought it was just me. Too embarressed to admit it to anyone....I'm really so grateful to be going, it's almost shameful to be worried.

But I am.

Weather (I don't mind a little rain, don't mind cold, but COLD RAIN I can't endure very long) has me obsessively checking forecasts. I know it will change before and after we get there.... But at least I feel like I'm in control if I can at least check it.

Sickness- I have been chasing after my kids with hand gel for two weeks. We walk in the door, "wash your hands!" We drop off a friend from a playdate, "use these handiwipes!" as soon as friend is out of the car.

RE: getting stuff done before trip: Is anyone else annoyed with people who don't realize that just because you haven't left on your trip yet, you still need a little extra time off to get ready?

This is my week to pack, organize, shop, keep kids healthy,etc. My focus is our WDW trip. Anything else this week is secondary. Do people in the real world respect that? No! They plan meetings, jobs for me to do, expect me to be social. It's as if the real world doesn't stop to let me get ready for the trip. Anyone else annoyed by that?

It happens to my DS5 and I before every trip! We're homesick before we even leave. Every night before we leave on a vacation my husband will find me grumpy in the bedroom saying "I don't even want to go anymore"! I miss the dog, I miss the comfort of home, I worry about ________ (fill in the blank...kids getting sick, rain ruining the trip, everything not being PERFECT). Then when we get home I'm in another funk because the trip is over, don't know when we'll go back again, hate that the kids have to go back to school...etc, etc. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???? :confused3 Glad to know we're not the only ones!

We leave Wednesday. I've been feeling the same way. I even kept my DD3 out of Sunday School on Sunday and made her sit through church :)

Glad to know I am not going crazy.

OMG! I am so with you! I am leaving on Thusday as well and I feel TERRIBLE! I have the worst cold i have ever had, my head is pounding, my kids have no school today or tomorrow, i have not started packing yet, we have to arrive at the airport at 5 AM and my kids all have colds! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Pre trip blues go away come again another day!
I want no more cold or stuffy nose, I want to pack our stuipd clothes!
I have to get my butt in gear or my husband I shall hear!
I need to go out and buy our stuff but right now it seems like so much!
I am going to leave in 56 hours but my laundry is still in towers!
I wish now for pixie dust, to help me get done my long list of musts!
From packing to cleaning it all the things I have yet to touch!
I need to recover from my pre trip blues or my sanity I shall loose!
I am here about to scream trying so hard not to be mean!
I need to hire a fairy Godmother, with any luck she will come with another!
One may not do the trick, for what we have is 5 people who are sick!
With 5 empty suitcases and clothing all over
A list as long as me to fetch from target
and another one just the same for the market
3 kids who have no clue we are going so are less help then with them knowing!
So for now I am finished my rant although i am here thinking of how much i have to do,
I am sitting chatting away to you! lol
I am still trying my best to make this stupid thing rhyme and the minutes are ticking by and i am running out of time!

I am so not going to be ready! I am goinbg to be up for the remaining hours before my trip sitting at the ocmputer thinking of everything I have to do and not doing anything! Now I have an offical reason to blame it on! My pre trip blues!:banana: :cool1:

That was SO GREAT!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

LOL THAT IS FUNNY. I thought it was some type of contraption that holds laundry....like a new type hamper. LOL

OMG Denise! :rotfl: "The all new LAUNDRY TOWER for all your piles of laundry needs, buy one today just $19.95!!" :laughing:

MY youngest son is NOW SICK. We leave in two days and he has a fever of 101. SO now he will be on meds for the trip. So off to the doctor we go this morning. So I am on an antibiotic...about 1/2 way through,, My dd just finished hers and that leaves my middle son and dh. HMMMMM are there good doctores in THE WORLD????? YIKES.

I find myself worrying about everything now, too. Thought it was just me. Too embarressed to admit it to anyone....I'm really so grateful to be going, it's almost shameful to be worried.

But I am.

Weather (I don't mind a little rain, don't mind cold, but COLD RAIN I can't endure very long) has me obsessively checking forecasts. I know it will change before and after we get there.... But at least I feel like I'm in control if I can at least check it.

Sickness- I have been chasing after my kids with hand gel for two weeks. We walk in the door, "wash your hands!" We drop off a friend from a playdate, "use these handiwipes!" as soon as friend is out of the car.

RE: getting stuff done before trip: Is anyone else annoyed with people who don't realize that just because you haven't left on your trip yet, you still need a little extra time off to get ready?

This is my week to pack, organize, shop, keep kids healthy,etc. My focus is our WDW trip. Anything else this week is secondary. Do people in the real world respect that? No! They plan meetings, jobs for me to do, expect me to be social. It's as if the real world doesn't stop to let me get ready for the trip. Anyone else annoyed by that?

THIS MADE ME LAUGH. Yes I feel the same way too. You need time off before the trip and after...TO RECOVER. Oh and I like my house to be all cleaned and laundry done before we leave. So that is more added pressure. Maybe we are all stress A personalities when it comes to disney trips. LOL

OMG Denise! :rotfl: "The all new LAUNDRY TOWER for all your piles of laundry needs, buy one today just $19.95!!" :laughing:

LIZ Apparently I provide you with lots of :rotfl2: here lately. :rotfl:

You make me laugh with what you reply back to my posts. Maybe that is what I need before Disney trips....a good dose of Liz laughing at me. I really thought :rolleyes: "hmmmm laundry tower....am I missing out". I always have tons of laundry, WHAT IS THIS TOWER?" LOL :laughing:

yes i get very anxious before my trip.

for me - going to florida is a holiday of a lifetime. (i am from the uk)

have a great trip - i am sure that you and your family will be fine. :)

I am also leaving Thursday and alternating between excitement and a weird kind of "let down" feeling.

Then, this morning, my 6 year-old woke up with the 4 dreaded words....."Mom, my tummy hurts". :sick: :sick: :sick: He's home sick at Grandma's today. Just hope we all don't get it AGAIN. We just had it 2 weeks ago.:sick:

Think happy thoughts. Remember the Florida air seems to do wonders with most people's sinuses, so if you're feeling like a cold or such, it will probably feel much better after an hour or two of Florida air.

For those w/ aching feet & knees, you'll be at Disney, there is no walking, you'll be floating around in sheer happiness! :cloud9:

I am also leaving Thursday and alternating between excitement and a weird kind of "let down" feeling.

Then, this morning, my 6 year-old woke up with the 4 dreaded words....."Mom, my tummy hurts". :sick: :sick: :sick: He's home sick at Grandma's today. Just hope we all don't get it AGAIN. We just had it 2 weeks ago.:sick:

I know what you mean, here in wisconsin the flu bug is going around. We leave next thursday and my one daughter is on antibiotics, I think I may have bronchitis! I am pumping my oldest daughter with tons of vitamin c to keep her from getting sick and frantically making them go to bed as early as possible. What part of wisconsin are you from? We are southeast area!
It will be a great trip! I know it!!:yay:

deedeed- Thank you, it looks like it may have already passed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We're southwest of Milwaukee.

Well as luck has it...my youngest is home sick. I took him to the doctor and he has a sinus infection and his throat is infected. So he is on antibiotics and we leave in 2 days. I am half way through mine for bronchitis. Sometimes it makes me 2nd guess winter trips. :scared:

I'm glad I'm not the only one! DF makes fun of me because for months I will talk his ear off about which restaurant we should make an ADR at and what parks to do on which days. And then all of a sudden it's 4 days before the trip and I'm depressed because that means soon the trip will be OVER and I'll have to come home and not have any trips to look forward to for a long time. He says 'We haven't even left for Disney yet, how can you be sad it's over!?!' LOL

Vickibean and deedeed- yes, nasty virus here in the Milwaukee area. It lasts about 4 days, but boy, does it take a toll on the little ones. The cough that follows will be no better. But hang in there- hopefully it will be cleared up by the time you get to Disney. And no matter what, being sick in Orlando is WAY better than being sick in this frozen tundra we call WI! Bring back some warmth with you! princess:

I feel your pain. I worry up until we check in at resort. Then I get to let my hair down..haha:woohoo:

Same here:thumbsup2

We are leaving for the airport in exactly 68 minutes and I feel so anxious. Not a good anxious either:confused3 What is wrong with me!!?!?

I can't wait for the plane to land. Then I will be ok:cloud9:

Breathe. Relax. Everything will be fine. Here's a run down of what happened on each of our trips and we still had a great time. :cheer2:

WDW: Dec. 1978 off site; FLUKE snowstorm in Orlando.
WDW: Sept. 2001 Disney property; evacuated from AK due to 9/11. It took us 5 days to get a fligh out.
WDW: Nov. 2003: off site; condo; 5 year old sprained her ankle prior to trip.
WDW: Sept. 2004: off site; house; sister was 5 months prego with twins.
WDW: Sept. 2005: off site; condo; husband home for 2 weeks from Iraq.
WDW: June 2006: off site condo; it was too hot.
Disneycruise: 7 day Western Carribean; 2006; moved from GA to AZ 2 weeks later.
DL: Dec. 2006: off site; condo; 8 year old in wheel chair due to meniscal tear

Glad to know I'm not alone.

We leave tomorrow and I felt like I was going to throw up last night from the stress. Noon today is our "drop dead" time for canceling and getting some of our money back for our package. I'll be a stress ball until then. Once the decision is out of my hands I hope I'll relax some.

Yesterday my DD woke up with a sore throat and a fever and I thought for sure we'd have to cancel our trip (and we are bringing my parents, so it would be a let down for them too). Fortunately it turned out to be strep, which means she went on antibiotics and actually feels fine this morning. The down side is that there are two other kids and DH and I who now may be strep time bombs. Last night my younger DD complained of a stomach ache and had some diarrhea -- again thought I'd have to pull the cord on our trip. Looks like it was just normal indigestion though. Then this morning she complained of a sore throat. Well that is right after she had gotten scolded, and 5 minutes later she was eating dry mini-wheats and had no complaints.

Still holding my breath, waiting for the other shoe to drop, and believing the shear force of my worry might protect us from something bad happening!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter