Anyone get or pick up the iphone 4?

Kitzka

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone here was able to pick up their new iphone 4 today? DH is on the way to our local At&T store to get ours!!!!:cool1::dance3:

Lara

I got mine. I went to an AT&T activation store and there were only 4 of us in line. It worked out good because none of us had preorders and the apple store had about 300 people waiting.

I had ordered online from ATT and got it yesterday. I am one of those with network problems. :(

I also got mine yesterday. It is working fine after retyping in all the wifi passwords. I hate that!

It activated and linked up seamlessly with itunes. Screen is really nice.

We had reservations to pick up ours today. Went to our apple store and the line for reservations was like over 4 hours long!!! We walked and ordered online. We'll wait until the 15th to get them... Oh well.....

We got ours! We are loving them. DH had been able to preorder only one before the whole system crashed last week. So he got to the apple store at 4am this morning and was 60th in the first come first serve line. Then a manager told him to move to the preorder line and he would be able to get a 2nd one from that line. Good thing too, because our store only had about 50 additional phones to sell after preorders were filled.

I am anxious to get a good case for mine though. Hoping something better than the stupid bumpers come out soon.

I did! I preordered and showed up at the Apple store in our mall at 6:30 a.m. and still waited for 4 hours! I thought it might take an hour or two and after standing there for two hours there was no way I was giving up and leaving, lol. I just got it all synched up, screen is really nice!

DH I'd installing my invisishield as I type this. I am very happy with our phones. Will be able to play with itr more tomorrow. Did go out and got an ifrogz case for my new phone. I love cases and tend to have 3-6 at any given time. This is on top of the screen protector.

Lara

Fed Ex brought me my iPhone 4 yesterday morning. Had it activated by 1:00. We did have to call AT&T since we could not synch up.
DH was told when he pre-ordered that it was faster to have delivered to the house vs picking up at the store. Boy! That sure was the truth!

What is wrong with it?

When I hold the phone naturally in my left hand, I lose all cell service. The antenna has a connection point in the lower left corner that, in a lot of the phone, if it touched by the had, breaks the connection to the network. It does not happen when their optional $30 bumper is put on the phone. Their engineers are working on it, but Steve Jobs last night called it a non issue and told everyone to just hold the phone by the top,:confused:

When I hold the phone naturally in my left hand, I lose all cell service. The antenna has a connection point in the lower left corner that, in a lot of the phone, if it touched by the had, breaks the connection to the network. It does not happen when their optional $30 bumper is put on the phone. Their engineers are working on it, but Steve Jobs last night called it a non issue and told everyone to just hold the phone by the top,:confused:

I can see how this would be a huge problem esp for leftys! My phone doesn't seem to have that issue but i also primarily hold it in the middle or top and i got an ifrogz new case for it. I am anal about scratches and stuff.

I really love apple products but hate how 'full of himself' steve jobs can be. maybe other tech big wigs are too but Bill Gates just seems like a nice guy.

Lara

We ordered ours Jun 16...just a few hours after they cut off the Jun 24th deliveries...so we wait until Jul 15 for them to ship.

My DH upgraded his iphone 3g and this will be my first iphone...moving up from a BB:goodvibes

Yeah, see, we have the bumpers/cases on ours, so for us it is a non-issue. Although I agree it shouldn't be happening, a bumper would solve your problem... besides, you want to protect the phone anyways, right? Such propoganda! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter