Anyone get an extension for the Child promo tickets bought before Covid?

mjlum

Mouseketeer
We bought child promo tickets before covid. I know the expiration date is now December 2021. However, we can't go until summer 2022. I called to ask for an extension & she said they couldn't extend the date. She did mention they WERE extending the dates but not right now. Was anyone able to get an extension? What were the circumstances? Seems like it is up to the cast member?

Thanks!

There is a pretty blanket policy at the moment that they are not extending dates on tickets preclosure any longer.

My mom and I had a trip to Disneyland Christmas 2019. My mom bought me and myself tickets but I made plans with friends to go in May 2020 for a girls trip. I bought my ticket ahead of time because I knew Disney always raises ticket prices so I had 2 tickets in my account. Me and my mom went to Disneyland that Christmas and had a great time. And when the parks shut down for Covid-19 in spring 2020.

Around this time my unused ticket disappeared from my app. I just assumed this was because they didn't want people making reservations for a park that was not open. And even though the parks were shut down I was hoping the app and my ticket would say when they expired but I thought nothing of it and continued with the year 2020.

Fast forward to 2021, the parks opened and my ticket is still not in the app. I was concerned because I paid $255 for a ticket that was not in my account. I live in Illinois and it seemed almost impossible to make it out to California this year especially with the Delta Variant surging. I found my old email confirmation to try and link the tickets but the link that says "View Tickets" redirected me to a picture of Stitch saying "Someone ate the page and the link is broken". This made me freak out so I called, emailed, chatted for days with cms and we finally figured out the problem. I had accidentally used the ticket I purchased intended for May 2020. Then we figured out that my mom should have an unused ticket in her account on her app. There was no ticket in her app which is a little strange on Disney's part. We thought all was lost when we couldn't find the confirmation number but luckily the cm supervisor was able to use another number from an earlier trip and found her account that way.

They told us that the ticket we have unused expires December 16th 2021. But they said they don't give refunds but the ticket we have will disappear from the app (when it expires) but they can pull up the account or confirmation number and the ticket amount could be applied to a future ticket but it has to be done in person at the ticket box office in front of the park.

I recommend calling the help number as soon as they open and ask to talk to a supervisor if the cm you are assigned to doesn't seem sure of the policy. Some cms are more experienced than others and eventually we got it all figured out. Also try and take screenshots of all your emails with confirmation numbers they should start with DOLY and ticket numbers of every ticket you purchase for your records. My mom and I are going this December as long as Delta doesn't ruin our plans.

PS: We would never have known there was an unused ticket in my mom's account if I hadn't desperately tried to get a refund. I find it very strange that the unused tickets disappear from the app and accounts too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter