Anyone get accepted? Disney Visa

I just called and I've been approved. Can't wait to start charging to earn those rewards!! Have a great day.:jester: :jester:

Hi all,

I just called and did not get an automated response. Someone came on the line after i entered my ss#. Good news is I was approved TODAY. 7-10 days for arrival. Good luck all those still in review.

TTFN

jetsetter90

Does anyone know if these are considered regular visa's or if they are platinum visas?

Thanks

Originally posted by Rgood2us
Does anyone know if these are considered regular visa's or if they are platinum visas?

Thanks

The apllication website says this:
"Enhanced Visa Platinum Benefits
Cardmembers are covered with full Visa Platinum benefits plus added premium benefits to enhance shopping and travel."

I'm not sure if this actually qualifies it as a true "Platinum" card or not.

I'm approved!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I think I'll charge the balance of the cruise on it.

Starwood,
I just realized that you and I are in the same boat...literally! Check our countdowns!!!!

I just read that if you or your travel agent book a Disney cruise and pay for it with your Disney credit card you will receive a $50 onboard credit. I wonder if you have already put the deposit on another card, but pay the balance with the Disney card if you can still get the credit?
It won't matter for me, my next cruise isn't until 2004 and the offer ends 12/31/2003. Oh well!!!

I dont have under review or approved yet. I was just told I would receive an answer in 30 days. LOL No news is good news.

Ok - I called and I also didn't get an automated response, but a customer service rep. They checked it out for me and I too got approved - YEAH!! She told me my card should arrive in 5-7 days. Hooray!

Thanks again...
Deb*

Originally posted by Mish19
I dont have under review or approved yet. I was just told I would receive an answer in 30 days. LOL No news is good news.

I just called and got the same reponse. To which I say, "???" Of course I just applied online on Tuesday, so I guess I shouldn't expect anything too soon. Meant to apply sooner, but since I'm a SAHM, I needed DH's info and he's never around when I'm online. 'Til I got it from him it was Tuesday morning. :rolleyes:

For all those who were approved.... Did you apply on-line or by phone? Thanks, just curious if there is a pattern. I applied by phone on Monday morning, Feb 24th, and I am still "under review".

DISNEY GUEST... Did you already get yours in the mail?

Yes I have it.
I applied on the first day apps. were available.
I don't remember when that was.
I applied online.
Also I have had a Disney credit card for several years,that might make a difference.
I use it alot,and pay off the balance every month, have to the interest rate is outragous.
Everyone is going to get a card,I really would not worry about it
We all wanted the card with the "Day One" on it so I am sure they are swamped.
Tink :) :) :) :) :)

mad4themouse

That is just too funny. I'm looking into airfare now from North Jersey. DH wants to fly into Melbourne but it's $40 pp more. We are also booked into the Radisson on Friday the 15th.

DISNEY GUEST,
Did they send any details about the rewards when they sent the card? Like maybe how many points for a night at a moderate resort or how many points for a park pass? Or maybe some of the other perks of having the card? If you have any more details, I'd really like to hear about them. Thanks.

Starwood,
We're flying in on the night of the 15th as well (non-stop PHL to MCO). I got the tickets using frequent flier miles as soon as I booked the cruise in September. One less thing to worry about.

With all this rotten weather we've had in the Northeast, the thoughts of this cruise are the only things that are keeping me sane right now. (Okay, as close to "sane" as I'll ever be. LOL) I'm thinking of getting the Disney VISA just so I can pay off the balance of the cruise with it and maybe get a nice little perk to boot, but only if I can get some concrete details about the rewards.

Oh good more snow:mad: I really can't wait to get on that ship!

DH doesn't like to use his points for a short trip (such as Florida). He would rather save up for something longer like Hawaii (but there's no Disney in Hawaii:teeth:

I think we should all get a table together for dinner on the cruise. At least we'll have something to talk about.

This is what the card offers - not much better than other cards but it is Disney.

0% Intro Fixed APR for 6 Months*
After that, you'll enjoy a variable rate as low as 11.15%. (I don't carry a balance so this doesn't concern me) Earn 1% or more in Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM
Earn reward dollars that can be used for Disney merchandise and vacations.

No Annual Fee
Even with all of these great benefits, you won't have to pay an annual fee. Special Disney Bonus Offers
Disney bonus offers help you earn rewards faster. Get more with your reward dollars when you redeem them for things like special vacation packages and featured merchandise.

Enhanced Visa Platinum Benefits
Cardmembers are covered with full Visa Platinum benefits plus added premium benefits to enhance shopping and travel. Pay No Interest for 6 Months on Disney Vacation Packages2
Pay no interest for 6 months on cruise packages or ticket-inclusive Disney vacation packages when you or your travel agent book through the Walt Disney Travel Company or Disney Cruise Line® and charge the package to your card prior to arrival.

I just called the number and was told that I was approved. They said that the card would arrive in ten days. I applied on-line. Can't wait to get it and start earning rewards!

Well, it looks as if those who have already been approved applied on-line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter