• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone get a WELCOME ABOARD packet from DCL today with the WRONG cruise destination

triplefigs

<marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>
but right dates? It said our June 16, 2012 on the Fantasy is a WESTERN CRUISE (Western port packet and says Western on the flyer under the date)... Checked the website, it's still Eastern, but it did kind of freak me out for a second!

Nope but I did get the Western brochure for the Magic Itineraries and NOT the Fantasy Itinerary that we have booked (we're NOT stopping in Key West and we ARE stopping in Costa Maya).

After joking above, I checked the mail, and lo and behold, we had a package for the 8/25/12 that says it's now a Western, instead of an Eastern!

Others in the 8/25/12 meet thread have reported receiving similar mail today.

I haven't made any changes to this reservation that should have prompted this mailing. Hopefully it's just a real expensive computer glitch. The other option, that hopefully is highly unlikely, is that the shift in the Fantasy MV is shifting the entire schedule around, but I just assumed they'd adjust for that by making the 4/7/12 cruise an Eastern instead of the back to back Westerns originally planned.

We got TWO packets in the mail...both with the same ressie number, same dates, but one packet said 'western' and the other packet said 'eastern'. :sad2:

We got TWO packets in the mail...both with the same ressie number, same dates, but one packet said 'western' and the other packet said 'eastern'. :sad2:

Ditto....son got both packets today...one for Eastern/one for Western for the same date of June 30, 2012...I received one for Western but I think that cruise is supposed to be an Eastern!!

MJ

I didn't even notice because I booked a B2B, but today rec'd a western mailing for my (supposed to be Eastern) June 2, 2012 cruise but nothing for my real Western cruise for 5/26/12. Website shows correct itineraries but when I click on the res. it just causes an error message.

just switched to june 30 cruise haven't gotten anything let. But worst come to worst I will spend my time at margarittaville in a cabana.

just switched to june 30 cruise haven't gotten anything let. But worst come to worst I will spend my time at margarittaville in a cabana.

I will be right there with ya!!!! So is it a Western??? I actually thought it was an Eastern LOL!! DCL site is acting funky right now.

MJ

I posted about this earlier today. I called Disney and was told it was an error. That they "out source" the mailings. The woman I spoke with said if all of these sailings were really changed it would be one BIG mess to fix. She said she would make note of it and send me out a new mailing with the correct information.

just checked our cruise plans and found this.

Day 1 - Port Canaveral - Tuesday, February 17, 1970
No activities reserved

:confused3 :rotfl2: :eek:

We're booked for the June 16, 2012 Eastern. Haven't received our packet in the mail yet, but I just went back to my email and the 'Welcome Aboard' message is showing the cruise as a Western :confused3. I went and checked my reservation on the dcl website and it shows up there as an Eastern itinerary. I hope they are not switching it...we just got off a Western on the Magic and while we thoroughly enjoyed it, we purposely picked an Eastern itinerary for 2012 so we can visit some new ports.

Ditto: Got the correct packages for both of our staterooms for 6/2/2012 Eastern sailing and today received packets with same date and ressie number but with western info. I am going to call DCL tomorrow and will post what I find out. Very puzzling.

What I think happened is that when they moved up the MV of the Fantasy they put it into their computer and their "smart" computer realized this and is probobly programmed to know that the regular schedule is to alternate and it rearanged the entire schedule. The when disney noticed this was happening they changed it back but some of the mail was already out. Just a guess of course, But stuff like this had happened to me in the past where I was making a schedule then added a day then all went crazy and I was supposed to paint my room in two HOURS instead of DAYS! Then it gave me Two DAYS instead of HOURS to do homework! I was like :scared1:!!!!!!! pirate:

Well, at least I wasn't the only one and am in good company!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter