Anyone get a survey recently about resort ammenities?

Yes, all DVC resorts have fitness centers. The reason I voted positively for it is because I often am the only adult in a room with my very young nieces and nephews ( we split the family up according to who wants what DDP) It would be nice to be able to jump on a treadmill while they are still sleeping. I do realize I am in the vast MINORITY of valuing this, however:)

It will be even more funny when they ask if we had stayed on Aulani on our recent visit to Central Florida. :rolleyes:
.. I bet that will happen...wonder if they sent this survey to HHI or VB guests and if they got location correct?

Yes, all DVC resorts have fitness centers. The reason I voted positively for it is because I often am the only adult in a room with my very young nieces and nephews ( we split the family up according to who wants what DDP) It would be nice to be able to jump on a treadmill while they are still sleeping. I do realize I am in the vast MINORITY of valuing this, however:)

Well, you can include me in your "minority":thumbsup2. DH likes to hit the treadmill/elliptical for about 45 minutes every day and I try to get at least 20 minutes in too. It is too hard for us to try and get to the gym since one of us would have to stay in the room with the kids. On top of that, the last visit, DH had to wait almost an HOUR for a machine to open up. After that, he only ran for 20 minutes and didn't try again for the rest of the trip. Having a "private" treadmill or elliptical machine in the room would be a very nice "perk". One of us could run in the room while watching the kids and the other one could try the workout room. I'd even suggest a compromise... throw a couple ellipticals, treadmills and stationary bikes into an area with the laundry facilities. That way, you can do a little workout while you do your laundry.

I found the bed arrangement questions interesting as well. As a family of 4 with two children that are the same gender, we have a lot of flexibility when it comes to the sleeping arrangements. While I do like to sleep in a real bed instead of the sleeper sofa, I have found that the sleepers at AKV are quite comfortable. I don't think I would like to lose the queen/sleeper sofa combination since we like to have the floor space during the day. We make up the sofa every morning and use it as a sofa during the day. It also worked out great for my parents who had no use for two beds in their room. I'm not sure how they plan to include a sleeper chair in the studios. Maybe the studio at OKW would leave enough room, but I can't imagine a studio at AKV with a sleeper chair in it along with everything else. Maybe they want to offer rooms with two sleeper chairs instead of one sleeper sofa? That would be helpful to the families of four who have children of opposite genders. Hmmm..... the possibilities:rolleyes1

Well I got one of the surveys for HHI and gave up half-way through it. I thought it was very confusing to complete. It seemed to be asking the same questions over and over. Plus most of the things it was asking about I had no interest in.

Well I got one of the surveys for HHI and gave up half-way through it. I thought it was very confusing to complete. It seemed to be asking the same questions over and over. Plus most of the things it was asking about I had no interest in.

I believe they do that as a way to prioritize against different options rather than to attempt to have people rank one big long list.

I got the survey today. I pretended we didn't already have any of the things they asked about and answered accordingly.

The washer/dryer and free internet and larger safe are all important to me, so I said most important whenever I got the chance..

I answered that the fitness equipment replacing living room furniture was least important along with pets staying in the room whenever those options appeared.

I also said the survey was too long, LOL!

Funny, and an example of how we are all different. Because the fitness equipment and pets staying in the room were the two most important items to me. :)

Will they use this survey to say no one in BLT asked for sheers on the windows or locks on the bathroom door?

Count me in...I got the survey today as well for our stay at AKV in April. I thought the options were interesting. I answered it as if they were giving us a clean slate as to what is most important to me. So even though I stayed in a 1 bedroom I selected washer/dryer and free internet as 'most preferred' as often as I could.

I really do not want to lose a washer and dryer or free internet over an exercise equipment in my LR or better beauty products. Don't get me wrong I would use the exercise equipment and love the beauty products but not at the expense of not being able to do laundry and stay connected.

All of that said, I am glad they are asking but now they have me more worried than excited....:eek:

I'm very hopeful that they continue this survey to all guests. My DVC stay is later this year.

I have very strong opinions when it comes to some of the items mentioned.

I am bummed I didn't get one. We stayed BLT in April. I would love to give input. My family is a technology family. ANything that could make using laptops, Ipods, and such easier would be great.

I got one as well for my stay at AKV in May. I thought it was pretty interesting. I could not figure out the workout equipment questions, who would really want that? If your that into exercise, you can walk yourself down to the gym.:)

Agree! And, don't we get enough exercise walking to, from and around the parks? Our kids use the fitness centers...not me 'cause I'm too busy saving my energy for the parks.

I also got one today for BWV from our April trip. I wasn't 100% sure if they wanted to know if we liked the existing amenities like free internet by selecting that as most important or if they were looking for negatives for possible future amenities like exercise equipment in the villas. What did you think?

The way I read it they wanted to know what you would have selected as important for the trip you took and what was less important (whether the amenity actually existed or not. ie, if all were available would you pick the washer/dryer or the "green" cleaning supplies.

It was interesting and specific to the room type. I did not get to have input on the studio sleeping arrangements since our stay they surveyed for was a 1BR. I'd like a King bed in the studios too!!

I got one today for our BLT stay in a studio after our cruise at the end of April.

Interesting options. I said I want nothing to do with exercise equipment in the living room. I'd love for a pet to be able to stay in the room with us.

I got one for my stay in a studio at SSR in May. I voted thumbs down on the exercise equipment & pet friendly accommodations. I had mixed responses to the questions depending on how they were grouped. I would rather have been allowed to rank an entire list of amenities rather than their predetermined groupings. Mine asked about a dishwasher but not a washer/dryer. I wonder how they intend to put a dishwasher in the studios? But I would much rather have real plates & utensils since they never leave enough of the paper/plastic ones to last my stay.

Slightly off topic, does anyone have a clue why they turn off the mini fridge between guests? I'm not thrilled with having to mop the fridge out every time I check in.

I'm very hopeful that they continue this survey to all guests. My DVC stay is later this year.

I have very strong opinions when it comes to some of the items mentioned.

I doubt they will survey everyone, which to me is really something they should do.

Maybe we need to complain about the surveys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter