Anyone Game? 2 Castles and a Road Trip TR! Last Day and TR Wrap Up! #2796; 10/01

I just found your trip report. It took two days but I have caught up with your last post! You have made me want to make another trip out west. The pictures that you took, especially in the slot canyons, were gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

Wonderful pictures with Gaston!

I have to totally agree with you on the Le Fou's Brew. Butterbeer is just so much better. Funny thing, on this last trip my Brother wanted to get one. I offered to share with him because I knew I could never drink the whole thing, it's just way too sweet. But no, he wanted one all to himself. Turns out he thought it was real beer. He was a bit disappointed to say the least. :rotfl:

I'm still mixed on the FP+ thing. When DH and I went in October, it worked really well but there was no tiering and we had multiple days in some of the parks. Two weeks ago it wasn't as nice because of the larger group and the tiering. While I love not having to run for the paper FPs, planning so far in advance is not the best. You should have seen the lines too for people trying to make or change their selections!

I hate to say it but you missed out on the awesome queue and first room at ETWB by doing FP+. There's a lot of great details from the movie. That being said, I still wouldn't wait 40 minutes for it.

Love BTMR! You got some great photos. I don't have a neck strap for my camera so I've never tried to take pictures on the ride.

PIO, is the exif data for your photos available in Photobucket?

Darcy - Since they changed their platform, I've been unable to find exif data in Photobucket. If you know how to find it, let me know.

Let me know which pictures you want the details of and I'll PM you the info rather than boring everyone else with it.

BTW - Your ticker says 3 days. I'm so envious. Have fun! I hope you get to thaw out.

I just found your trip report. It took two days but I have caught up with your last post! You have made me want to make another trip out west. The pictures that you took, especially in the slot canyons, were gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

2 days? WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this TR. Welcome; and I'm glad you're following along. Hope you get to head out west! :flower3:

Wonderful pictures with Gaston!

I have to totally agree with you on the Le Fou's Brew. Butterbeer is just so much better. Funny thing, on this last trip my Brother wanted to get one. I offered to share with him because I knew I could never drink the whole thing, it's just way too sweet. But no, he wanted one all to himself. Turns out he thought it was real beer. He was a bit disappointed to say the least. :rotfl:

I'm still mixed on the FP+ thing. When DH and I went in October, it worked really well but there was no tiering and we had multiple days in some of the parks. Two weeks ago it wasn't as nice because of the larger group and the tiering. While I love not having to run for the paper FPs, planning so far in advance is not the best. You should have seen the lines too for people trying to make or change their selections!

I hate to say it but you missed out on the awesome queue and first room at ETWB by doing FP+. There's a lot of great details from the movie. That being said, I still wouldn't wait 40 minutes for it.

Love BTMR! You got some great photos. I don't have a neck strap for my camera so I've never tried to take pictures on the ride.

Your brother thought it was real beer? :rotfl: (Sorry I know I shouldn't laugh; but that is funny!)

I've been following along your TR and already I'm getting the inkling that your last trip is going to be lovely but a lot of hard work with the family.

Dang! There are details in the front room? Maybe it might entice me to head back in; providing there isn't a long line.

Thanks.

The Sweet Stale Smell of Sweat means I’m in the Wood Chuck

Right next door to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, is another family favourite.

It was our 3rd FP+ and those MBs did the green trick again. I know a number of you reading may have had issues with your MB. I sympathise but I didn't experience any issues whenever I used my band. Except for our last day, this light colour was depressingly monotonous for us on this trip on every scanner we used.

No contest. This was always going to be at the top of my pick list for a FP+. At noon, the stand-by line was out to 55 minutes.

I don't know about you; but there is something about this particular mountain that is gross and delicious at the same time.

For some reason, every time I get close to the wood-chucks for this ride at MK, I get that up-chuck feeling. Even more than at DLR, there is an incredibly redolent sweet stale smell of sweat that fills the air in the boarding area.
I've only noticed it at MK and I think it has to do with the foam handles and the humid air and generations of human hands and sweat transference to the foam. I have not had the pleasure of experiencing the Tokyo Disneyland version of this ride so I can only compare the DLR and the MK versions.

But once you get past the boarding area and that miasma....it really is a fantastically deliciously sublime ride. It is a ride that makes my heart sing. Inside, you get a vision into the Song of the South, that must not ever be released out of the Disney Vaults and that's sadly no Laughing Place. I really do wish they would release this movie.

And if you ever happen to be in the ride with me, yes....that’s me singing. Badly.

Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Zip-a-dee-day.
My oh my, What a wonderful day.
Plenty of sunshine going my way.
Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Zip-a-dee-day.

I'm also the one screaming at the top of my lungs as we plunge down that flume. Here's the Photopass evidence. And yes. We did get wet today.

Post script. For next time I get on this ride, I plan to use that water protection sleeve on my camera. I did have it with my on this trip; but it stayed at the bottom of the suitcase. Those sleeves are not much use to me being safe and dry!

(Continued in Next Post)

(Continued from Previous Post)

After the Splash, it's time for the Spin Dry Cycle

Despite it being a hot day, I've never really cared much for drip-drying for too long in the sun when I get off wet from Splash Mountain in Magic Kingdom. We can't really do things in this order at Disneyland; but my family are real creatures of habit where ride order is concerned at Magic Kingdom.

We walked round in this general direction and took a left fork at NeverLand. Sadly, it was closed for business.

Someone was definitely pulling our strings to keep heading this way.

No point wasting a good photo opportunity!

The boys just kept marching along.

They knew where we were heading.

It's pretty convenient at Magic Kingdom. After getting wet, there's a spin dry cycle machine close by.

I think you've worked out that my family loves rides that are fast and rides that get us wet by now. Let's add the rides that go spinning round and round to this list. You may recall that we didn't hit this ride at DLR at all. It just didn't work out for us at DLR so the teacups were always going to figure high on our list for MK.

We only had to wait one rotation before getting on.

Since DS discovered that he could control the spin cycle in here, this has become one heck of a ride for all of us.

There's only one speed where DS is concerned. FAST.

I did hand the camera over to DH for him to take a corresponding shot of me. No motion sickness here for me either.

After the spin cycle, DS told me that he wanted to head back to the resort for a swim. Sadly for me, I was outvoted. DH agreed with him.

(Continued in Next Post)

(Continued from Previous Post)

I got Lost in the Infinity and Beyond Playing a Game

It was turning out to be a hot and humid afternoon and the boys were keen to head back to the resort to enjoy that pool! We'd pretty much hit most of the family favourites in the morning and as it was the first day, I figured there was no point in trying to change their minds. Besides, I was feeling hot and humid myself and the park was starting to get busy.

I would describe my sense of direction as really good. The boys? I don't think they were convinced at all today. This certainly didn't look like the main gate to them. Lost. Again.

Me? I knew exactly where we were! It was either here or head in the opposite direction to get marooned on a Pirate Island. This was closer.

Hey! Don't look at me like that.

I know the boys wanted to leave the park but it is airconditioned in here and we could at least sit and recharge.

I'm not fooling anyone am I? Okay. I've already been washed and dried today. Might as well come clean. We're at Infinity and beyond.
I admit that I deliberately took the boys on a detour and convinced them to hit one more attraction before we headed home.

This ride is so much fun because you get to shoot at targets and check out your score at the end. Who doesn't like a little friendly competition?
I always feel that when posting on the Dis about this ride, it does lose a bit in translation.
So.....let's play a little game on this Anyone Game? TR.
Let's count how many times we can see this in full or in part in the rest of the pictures.

Yes! Zurg (finally) Rules!

Are you counting?

Keep at it. Put your best fist forward.

Or your pincer. Either works for me. Although, I think I would need more fingers and toes than this alien crab has to keep count.

The claw will definitely help keep tally.

Keep counting and don't fall asleep.

Use any sort of appendage that is available to keep track of the numbers.

We're nearly there.

Now.....do we count the one on Zurg or not? Technically on the ride, it's not a target.

Is everyone still with me on this counting ride/game?

Where was I? Oh yes. Do we count the insignia on Zurg or not?

Star Command. What do you think?

Okay. Let’s count it all.

Zurg Rules!

How many did you end up with? Post your tally.

Oh. And I did check out our ride pictures from here. Afterall, that's the benefit of the Photopass Plus, right?

But sometimes there's no benefit in it at all. My ride shot had me in an even more awkward position than DH. There really was no point claiming it.

princess::upsidedow

I kinda enjoyed Le Fou's brew. But if the butterbeer is way better, I cannnot wait to try it someday! The name just sounds so delicious and sweet.

I was debating about Enchanted Tales with Belle. There's definitely no way I would have stood in a 40 minute line. Maybe a 5 minute line!

Fantastic shots on BTMRR and the teacups. I don't get sick on rides either, however looking at your 'spin cycle' shots, my head just went for a loop :rotfl:

After the Splash, it's time for the Spin Dry Cycle

We walked round in this general direction and took a left fork at NeverLand. Sadly, it was closed for business.

Maybe closed, but I think I recognize those two??? Ya think?

LOVE your "spin dry"! Brilliant!

[PS: I got 37, not counting the insignia on Zurg: the target, but not the insignia. :) ]

:)

Jud

Love those teacup pictures, those were cool :)

As a kid my brother and I loved the audio books disney had, and the song of the south was one of my favorites. I can't remember ever seeing the movie, but I loved those books on cassette. So when I first went on the ride I was hearing the book in my mind. PLEASE! DONT THROW ME IN THE BRIAR PATCH! Loved it! :)

I got 41 Zs.

I love the wash and then spin dry cycle. :) Looks better than my laundry room!

I can't even count that high!

Jill in CO

After working on budget numbers all day I'm too tired to count.:rotfl:

Remind me not to do the wash & dry cycle with you, those are two of my least favorite rides. I do love your pics on the tea cups.

I can see why you guys were ready to leave the park once we were getting there! You guys hit most of the greats and right at opening! We were definitely on opposite paths that day, but that's OK, we did hit it up and both of us had different "energies" running that day. Yours was on high and ours was on low or sustain! :rotfl2:

That's a long time for it to be down. Not long to go if it's re-opened next month. Looking forward to seeing your pictures of it. :thumbsup2

It has been a long time for BTMRR at DL to be down. It reminds me of the Matterhorn a few years ago when it was down for its refurbishment and it didn't took that long like BTMRR. It won't be too long until it is re-opened next month and I can't wait to experience the new updated version.

I do like Splash Mountain at DL over MK cause you don't get too wet where the MK version you can get really wet. I was a little surprised that you didn't bring your water protection sleeve when you rode Splash that day. I thought after when we rode GRR in September that you would remember to bring it.

The Teacup pictures are very nice and you all look like you are having fun spinning the teacups.

Very nice pictures from BLSRS and a nice picture of DS taking pictures during the ride and he was turning the wrong way.

Great updates.

I have a love/hate relationship with Splash. I love the ride and how well it's done but I hate walking around wet afterwards. I never thought of the Tea Cups to dry off but that's probably because I DO get motion sickness on them and haven't ridden them in years! :sick:

Sneaky way to get the guys on one more ride! I have been obsessed with Buzz lately because I'm determined to get a perfect score of 999,999. So far I've gotten around 500,000 so maybe I'll get there someday!

Darcy - Since they changed their platform, I've been unable to find exif data in Photobucket. If you know how to find it, let me know.

Let me know which pictures you want the details of and I'll PM you the info rather than boring everyone else with it.

BTW - Your ticker says 3 days. I'm so envious. Have fun! I hope you get to thaw out.

I don't know how to find it anymore either. :lmao: I was hoping you did.

I was interested in the on-ride photos of Big Thunder but then I remembered we are only going to AK this trip and EE will be too dark and quick to get any real good shots other than on the climb up.

Another great day! Love the spin and dry after Splash :-) great idea! Must try that lol.

We have front loading washing machines in the UK what do you have in Australia? so imagine my confusion walking into the laundry room in America to see what seemed to be machines without windows or doors on the front. Mmmm so I thought are the dryers maybe washing machines, no.... Then some kind lady showed me the 'sun roof' entry lol. Next mistake was to think these machines take as long ( about an hour ) as a front loader. So I come back 1 hour later to find my clothes removed from the strange washing device without digital displays and multiple buttons or round window and placed in a basket....

Eventually I learnt! They only take 20 mins, load from the top, no millions of digital functions, you put the detergent in the machine with it not in a different drawer like ours...

Another great day! Love the spin and dry after Splash :-) great idea! Must try that lol.

We have front loading washing machines in the UK what do you have in Australia? so imagine my confusion walking into the laundry room in America to see what seemed to be machines without windows or doors on the front. Mmmm so I thought are the dryers maybe washing machines, no.... Then some kind lady showed me the 'sun roof' entry lol. Next mistake was to think these machines take as long ( about an hour ) as a front loader. So I come back 1 hour later to find my clothes removed from the strange washing device without digital displays and multiple buttons or round window and placed in a basket....

Eventually I learnt! They only take 20 mins, load from the top, no millions of digital functions, you put the detergent in the machine with it not in a different drawer like ours...

Even laundry is an adventure in Disney!

Your Disney version of doing the "laundry" would be about my worst nightmare. That drop at Splash Mountain freaks me out and I get severe motion sickness in the tea cups. I like your last ride for the day much better. Having had the pleasure to experience Stormalong Bay, I can understand why you were outvoted.

Corinna

I kinda enjoyed Le Fou's brew. But if the butterbeer is way better, I cannnot wait to try it someday! The name just sounds so delicious and sweet.

I was debating about Enchanted Tales with Belle. There's definitely no way I would have stood in a 40 minute line. Maybe a 5 minute line!

Fantastic shots on BTMRR and the teacups. I don't get sick on rides either, however looking at your 'spin cycle' shots, my head just went for a loop :rotfl:

IMO, Butterbeer is a lot sweeter than Le Frou's brew. Hope you get to experience it someday....and soon. :thumbsup2

If you've never experienced EtWB, you probably need to to do it at least once. Hopefully, you end up with a 5 minute wait.

Thanks. DS spins the cups as fast as he possibly can. I just go with the flow these days.

Maybe closed, but I think I recognize those two??? Ya think?

LOVE your "spin dry"! Brilliant!

[PS: I got 37, not counting the insignia on Zurg: the target, but not the insignia. :) ]

:)

Jud

I do! I do! I really DO recognise those two.

You've got Stitch and Mickey on your T-shirt. :rolleyes1

Love those teacup pictures, those were cool :)

As a kid my brother and I loved the audio books disney had, and the song of the south was one of my favorites. I can't remember ever seeing the movie, but I loved those books on cassette. So when I first went on the ride I was hearing the book in my mind. PLEASE! DONT THROW ME IN THE BRIAR PATCH! Loved it! :)

I got 41 Zs.

I got 42. The answer to life, the universe and everything!

2+9+3+2+3+1+3+2+1+1+5+0+10 = 42.

I love the wash and then spin dry cycle. :) Looks better than my laundry room!

I can't even count that high!

Jill in CO

:rotfl:

I could do Disney laundry like that any day!

After working on budget numbers all day I'm too tired to count.:rotfl:

Remind me not to do the wash & dry cycle with you, those are two of my least favorite rides. I do love your pics on the tea cups.

We all seem to have different favourite rides at Disney.

Okay. We'll have to do other rides when we hit DL together. :thumbsup2

I can see why you guys were ready to leave the park once we were getting there! You guys hit most of the greats and right at opening! We were definitely on opposite paths that day, but that's OK, we did hit it up and both of us had different "energies" running that day. Yours was on high and ours was on low or sustain! :rotfl2:

I know. It's a shame how this day worked out. But we did have more time together later on. :thumbsup2

It has been a long time for BTMRR at DL to be down. It reminds me of the Matterhorn a few years ago when it was down for its refurbishment and it didn't took that long like BTMRR. It won't be too long until it is re-opened next month and I can't wait to experience the new updated version.

I do like Splash Mountain at DL over MK cause you don't get too wet where the MK version you can get really wet. I was a little surprised that you didn't bring your water protection sleeve when you rode Splash that day. I thought after when we rode GRR in September that you would remember to bring it.

The Teacup pictures are very nice and you all look like you are having fun spinning the teacups.

Very nice pictures from BLSRS and a nice picture of DS taking pictures during the ride and he was turning the wrong way.

Great updates.

I'm guessing that BTMRR will be up again by May.

That water protection sleeve package was packed at the bottom of the wrong bag. I thought I'd put it in the bag that we unpacked for the first 3 days we were at WDW but it turns out it was at the bottom of the second bag, with the clothes for the last 4 days. I didn't want to upend that bag and besides....I figured I would have time to use it; but it didn't work out that way.

Next time.

I have a love/hate relationship with Splash. I love the ride and how well it's done but I hate walking around wet afterwards. I never thought of the Tea Cups to dry off but that's probably because I DO get motion sickness on them and haven't ridden them in years! :sick:

Sneaky way to get the guys on one more ride! I have been obsessed with Buzz lately because I'm determined to get a perfect score of 999,999. So far I've gotten around 500,000 so maybe I'll get there someday!

I hope you get the perfect score on one of your trips. Bret is the person to get tips from for Buzz. He seems to regularly max out the score. :thumbsup2

My highest is in the 600,000's. But that's if I put the camera down and shoot with the blaster. These days, I'm fighting an internal battle and using a different barrel to shoot at infinity. The camera is winning.

I don't know how to find it anymore either. :lmao: I was hoping you did.

I was interested in the on-ride photos of Big Thunder but then I remembered we are only going to AK this trip and EE will be too dark and quick to get any real good shots other than on the climb up.

Have a great trip at AK. I hope you shoot EE. :thumbsup2

We have both front loading and top loading machines in Australia. I have a front-loader machine myself; and most of my friends like front-loaders. But I would say that 2 or 3 out of 10 would have a top loader. It does depend on the space that we have in the laundry.

It's funny about wash cycle times. We've done laundry where the wash can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 40 minutes. You just never know. :confused3

Even laundry is an adventure in Disney!

It sure is! Disney seems to know to place their laundromats near enough to the bars. Laundry drinks are a MUST. :rotfl2:

Your Disney version of doing the "laundry" would be about my worst nightmare. That drop at Splash Mountain freaks me out and I get severe motion sickness in the tea cups. I like your last ride for the day much better. Having had the pleasure to experience Stormalong Bay, I can understand why you were outvoted.

Corinna

Wow! I knew that some people didn't like Splash; but hadn't realised that there were so many people don't quite enjoy the Teacups either. It just seems to be the quintessential Disney ride to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter