Anyone from UK done 7night western cruise (DCL) just booked today and am too excited!

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Hi all

I am very excited as today we have booked our holiday for next year.
We are doing 7 nights @ SSr around the 7night western cruise.

we have done 3 night cruise before and have wanted to day 7 nighter for years.

If anyone has any experiences of a 7 night cruise (esp Western) I would love to hear them.

Thanks
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:wave: Hi There,

I did the 7 night Eastern cruise and it was wonderful, i'd like to do the Western myself some time, what aspect of the 7 nighter do you want to know about? I do know that the Magic and Wonder are basicaly the same lay out etc.If i remember correctly there are 2 formal nights on the Eastern.

Hope this helps a little
Audrey ::MinnieMo

Hi :wave2:

Thank you for replying, I guess yesterday I was soooo excited !! :teeth:

What exactly happens on formal nights, is it just a case on getting dressed up and going to your assigned restauant or are other activities planned?

Is it also right that there is a character breakfast? I have always wanted to go to one when in WDW but as we have no children have felt a bit silly.

Thanks
:dog2:

Hi again :)

On formal nights you get dressed up and go around the ship having Photo's taken, there are all different backgrounds with which to have your piccies taken (a good tip i got from one of our American pals is to get as many photos as you can with as many different backgrounds as possible, then you have more choice when you come to choose! :goodvibes ) There was also a midnight Dessert Buffet, have your camera/camcorder ready! It's truly a mouthwatering sight! :rolleyes1 There was also a chance to meet up with the captain and have your photo taken with him. The lines can be quite long so i would advise you to go early and then any you have missed you can maybe catch after your meal. There are waiters offering champers around those areas :cloud9: Anything else? Ask away :)

Forgot to add, Yes there is a character breakfast, it was in Parrot Cay when we were there and the characters come around and you get more piccies taken, remember your own camera/cancorder again.

Audrey ::MinnieMo

We are booked on the 7 night special itinerary Western with 2 stops at Castaway Cay next August - I've not cruised before but I am really looking forward to it :)

What date are you cruising?

Hi
I don't often post on this board but you'll always find me on the DCL board!
My husband and I have sailed on the Magic twice already and will be sailing again on Dec 24th 2005 Eastern.
Our first time was the Western Itinerary Dec 2003
Then we sailed from LA on the Mexican Riviera Aug 2005
As you can see we are great fans. if you have any questions about the ship in general or the Western ports of call please go ahead and ask.
Evey passenger is offered the chance to have a character breakfast on one morning of the cruise. This beakfast takes place on three different mornings and two different seatings. Your server remind you the night before but it is also on your dining ticket which will be in your cabin on sailing. Normally the breakfasts are on at sea days and on the day after you have dined at Animators Palette. On the Western Key West is counted as an at sea day. The time depends on your normal dinner time. Early is at 8:00am and late is at 9:30am. You'll have a great time! the characters visit everyone and dance around the room. The breakfast is held at Parrots Cay and is very tropical, photographers take your picture with each character although you can use your camera too and you can buy them later in the day at Shutters the photo place on board.
If you are going to Disney again book a character meal they are a great place for adults without kids to interact with the characters!

I have done the DCL Western Caribbean cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, and it was great, so good we re booked for the 14 day repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Florida this summer.

We have booked for a special western next August with two castaway stops and Costa Maya. DCL know how to look after you and the food the shows and the entertainment are great, for the 14 day cruise they put on a lot more new shows and entertainment in the restaurants, I was worried that it would be a lot of repeats but in the end it was just one show repeated from the previous trip.

The Western trip is very good with an extra stop over the eastern, Key west is a nice area to look around and shop, and Cayman is beautiful, Cozumel we got to swim with Dolphins.

With prices on the increase I think next years DCL trip will be the last.

I booked my first holiday with Virgin, but since then the Disney parts have been booked with Dreams unlimited so save on the dollar rate and they provide extra support.

After the 3-day cruise, you should find the 7-day version far more relaxing, and you really get the chance to appreciate the ship. To my mind, the 3-day cruise is just a little bit hectic, with everyone trying to cram everything in - and, with so much to do on board, that usually isn't possible in just 3 days. The 7-day version also features the superb adults-only brunch one morning in Palo, and you should definitely book some time in the spa to enjoy the facilities there. You will also find plenty of adults at the characater breakfast - they are not just for kids! Basically, with a ship this smart and action-packed, you need a good 7 days to really get to know her, and the ports of call are then a bonus on top of that.

I have to agree with Simon about the brunch in Palos, it was one of the many highlights of our trip last year, dont miss it! Afternoon tea was pretty good too :sunny:

Me and Dh just got back from the 7 night Western last Sat. It was wonderful!
If you want some navigators and other stuff, just PM me your address.

Make sure you go on the cruise meet forums, I really enjoyed meeting other Dis`ers on this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter