Anyone from Frederick, Maryland? Restaurants??

amy-momofthree

DIS Veteran
My sister is getting married next month in Frederick. The girls in our family are taking my sister out to a special brunch/ lunch the day of the wedding. (She gets married at night. )

Any suggestions? I am from TN and know nothing about Frederick. The grooms family is from Frederick but I've never met them. Please help :)

We want to do something special for her.

Thank you !

Dutch's Daughter is wonderful! Perfect place for a ladies' luncheon, elegant but not "fussy". Make sure to have the cream of crab soup!!

Brewer's Alley Restaurant & Brewery is really good. We eat here all the time, great seafood.

I go through Frederick frequently for work - Downtown Frederick is full of beautiful charming places!

Thanks ! The reception that night is at Dutch's daughter! Looking forward to that!

Any more suggestions? :)
Thank you!! :) :)

The top restaurant in Frederick is Volt. You can get a three course lunch for $25.00, which is a steal. Volt is run by Bryan Voltaggio, who won second place on Top Chef, season 6. Reservations are a must. If you can't get a reservation, keep checking; they often open up. If you want a really special place, Volt is it.

www.voltrestaurant.com

My second choice would be the Tasting Room.

www.tastetr.com

Another nice place would be Shab Row Bistro and Wine Bar.

Www.shabrowwine.com

I do not recommend Isbella's Taverna and Tapa's Bar. I have eaten there and understand why they have such mixed reviews. Their food is uneven and much of it is not that good. I also do not recommend Brewer's Alley. While it is very popular, it's often very busy and noisy and the food and atmosphere is just a step up from restaurants such as Chili's or TGIF. It's a place where the local sport's teams hold banquets, not a special occasion spot. The Red Horse Restaurant is not in the downtown area and is not open for lunch. The food is okay, but it's an old fashioned steak house which hasn't changed in years where many elderly people eat.

Thanks again! Off to check them out :)

This gives me lots of ideas! Now I have a few ideas on where to send the men too while the girls are doing brunch :)

Isabella's and Brewer's Alley are both owned by Phil Bowers. He also owns Acacia Restaurant, which is across the street from Brewer's Alley. Acacia's food is a step up from these two restaurant's, but still not on par with the food at Volt.

The men would probably enjoy Brewer's Alley.

I was going to recommend Volt if you can get a reservation. Now that Bryan Voltaggio was on Top Chef, it has been harder to get a reservation there. I would also recommend Olives or Tasting Room, both of them are in Downtown Frederick on Market St. I hear Acacia has a wonderful brunch, but have never eaten there. If you are looking for a place for the men, Black Hog is a great place too. We love their bbq. You'll love Dutchess Daugther, they have great food and would have recommended their brunch, but you are already having the reception there.

Isabella's is my absolute favorite place. We've never had a bad meal there. We also enjoy Danielle's on N. East Street.

Downtown Frederick has so many wonderful restaurant choices. Try Fredericktourism.org, where to dine, they will have a list of restaurants and menus. Hope you have a wonderful time visiting!

I second Isabella's. I ate there last month and everything we got was so yummy!

Congrats to your sister!

another vote for the tasting room (you could ask to reserve the small back room they have for your private party); olives; or even if you want something with good food, but not necessarily as fancy - try the main cup in middletown, md - about 5 miles away.

Thanks again ! So appreciate it! I am in charge of this and had no clue where to start!

You really can get almost anything answered on the disboards :)

Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter