Anyone from Florida? help.

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by bscs, Jan 8, 2008.

1. bscs

bscs Mouseketeer

We are arriving on a Sunday by the time we are at WH it will be about 5-6pm Will the grocery stores still be open?
    Also I heard that they don't sell alcohol on Sundays. Do they only sell at liquor stores? My dad will want a beer what's our best bet is it just go out to a restaurant that night then buy some the next day & Where ?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ducklite

ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

The grocery stores generally stay open until 10-11 pm. They sell beer and wine in teh grocery stores, but not before 11:00 am on Sundays. Many liquor stores are also open on Sundays, again, not before 11:00 am.

There might be some dry towns, but not near WDW.

4. bscs

bscs Mouseketeer

Thank you very Much.:)

5. Traveliz

Traveliz DIS Veteran

Do the grocery stores actually close? I am just surprised because I live in a small town (32,000) and we have four grocery stores -- all chains -- and all of them are open 24 hours. It would never occur to me that the stores in the DIsney area might close earlier.

Liz

6. KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH DIS Veteran

There are indeed some 24-hr stores such as Super Wal-Mart and others but a lot of the grocery stores do close down. For instance, all Publix stores that I'm aware of close at 10pm. The Super Target near me closes at 10pm.

BobK/Orlando

7. bscs

bscs Mouseketeer

I asked this because,
    Were I live there is only one grocery store and it closes at 6pm on Sundays.
    There isn't another for 25 miles. :eek: