• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone from Canada get the 40% off code yet?

I am finding this a little distressing.... And I am wondering if any other Canadian are having this problem. Every time I call the reservation line they say that we are not even in the system :eek: , and then after some searching and the CM getting my phone number they find us.....? Anyone else? The CM said that is probably because we have a postal code, not a zip code. I find this hard to believe. Do all you other canadians need to be looked up by phone number only? We have been to Disney before, last trip was Sept 2006??? :confused3 Anyone else??

Lee

No problem with the CM looking us up and we are from Canada. Not sure what their problem is, maybe they don't have your postal code typed in properly.

I am observing that all the people getting the 40% discount are going at the same time. Around the beginning of December. I think I will try calling to get a quote for that time and see what happens. We were going to go in Sept as December is our DD birthday (10 yr anniversary trip for just DH and me she is not coming) and Christmas but hey if the price is much better, who knows.

I am also wondering if they are not giving the 40% in September because of the free dining, if everyone books with the 40% and then they offer free dining then everyone may call back to change to free dining and that would be a pain on their end....anyone think my theory is a good one???

I would rather go in September as it is warmer and doesn't conflict with our schedules....so frustrating!

Hi everyone. I'm here to tell you that persistence pays off!

My DH called the CRO again last night (with my prompting - it was the second time we've called, the first time - nothing).

Anyway, he called last night, was his charming self, and somehow managed to get us (two adults, two kids) seven nights at the WILDERNESS LODGE in September, with 5-day PH passes with all options, plus Magic Express and the Dining Plan for just under $3,200 (US), taxes in. She even threw in the queen bed/bunk bed option!

I'm sorry that I can't tell you how much of a discount that is. (Please don't burst my bubble if you don't think it's a great discount - because I am so excited!) The CM didn't say what kind of a discount or code it was, but she said it was a special rate. I was trying to calculate it myself, but the email confirmation we got didn't have any breakdown in it. All I know is that it's $500 less than I was quoted by a CAA travel guy.

We were going to go with the Coronado or one of the Moderate resorts which we've stayed at previously, but we decided to go for gold and book the WL. Woo hoo - can't wait!

My husband gave the CM our email address, and she told him I will NOW start to receive any emails of special codes, discounts, offers, etc. (I have been getting the Disney newsletter all along, but that must be generated by a different server).

So the motto is to try and try again - and be charming!;)

Wow.

I'm getting jealous, and possibly a little annoyed that I can't seem to get a CM to even budge - and we're only trying to book into the Value's during value season - albeit the Family Suite.

I plugged your rough info into Disney's website for a completely non-discounted packge (had you going the second week of September with kids both in the "junior" age group - i.e., 3-9 and having to pay child's rates for both - The discount would be less if one (or more) of your kids is under 3, or more if one (or more) of your kids is over 9, and therefore pays adult rates. You also said all options on your tickets, so I did include water parks and hopper.

I used the bunk beds with woods view (the cheaper of the two bunk options), and I got a grand total of about $4,000 and that includes tax and Disney's trip insurance.

So, I'm guessing that you are saving around $800.

Now, if you stuck with the standard room, the discount would have been (I think) just around the $650 mark, and that is in line with getting 40% off the room. The additional savings, it seems, is due to them upgrading you on your room selection.

You lucked out.

no 40% discount, but did find out that I had a code for 20% when I called yesterday. i was a bit surprised since I've never been to WDW and only ordered the DVD a few weeks ago!

DF and I are going in August, 10 days at POR (with DDP+PH) + 3 day WL club suite. The total is about $4200. I'm still hoping for the 40%, and I'd be willing to stay a couple extra days if free dining comes out!

Thanks, Esdras! I did the same last night, and I do think we got a pretty good deal. I can't wait!

But as for you, don't give up! Keep calling, and I'm sure you will luck out too.

Wow.

I'm getting jealous, and possibly a little annoyed that I can't seem to get a CM to even budge - and we're only trying to book into the Value's during value season - albeit the Family Suite.

I plugged your rough info into Disney's website for a completely non-discounted packge (had you going the second week of September with kids both in the "junior" age group - i.e., 3-9 and having to pay child's rates for both - The discount would be less if one (or more) of your kids is under 3, or more if one (or more) of your kids is over 9, and therefore pays adult rates. You also said all options on your tickets, so I did include water parks and hopper.

I used the bunk beds with woods view (the cheaper of the two bunk options), and I got a grand total of about $4,000 and that includes tax and Disney's trip insurance.

So, I'm guessing that you are saving around $800.

Now, if you stuck with the standard room, the discount would have been (I think) just around the $650 mark, and that is in line with getting 40% off the room. The additional savings, it seems, is due to them upgrading you on your room selection.

You lucked out.

When I got my offer. I was offered All Star Movies Preferred for $56 nightly or the All Star Movies Suites for $100 a night.

There are only two of us, so I chose All Star Movies. Keep calling and don't give up. The Dates for offer were Dec 7th- Dec 15th....

Charleyann

I am finding this a little distressing.... And I am wondering if any other Canadian are having this problem. Every time I call the reservation line they say that we are not even in the system :eek: , and then after some searching and the CM getting my phone number they find us.....? Anyone else? The CM said that is probably because we have a postal code, not a zip code. I find this hard to believe. Do all you other canadians need to be looked up by phone number only? We have been to Disney before, last trip was Sept 2006??? :confused3 Anyone else??

Lee

SO....... I just talked to a really great CM and I think that she got it all sorted out. They had our postal code and address wrong it their computer :eek: Our house number has a half on it (Like 22 1/2 Sesame St) so they had our address as 12 Sesame St Unit 22 :mad: It bothers me when people do that! And they had the last digit on our postal code wrong???? Don't ask me how that happened.
The funny thing is that they sent all our mail for our previous Disney trips to this address :confused3 What is with that???

Oh well thanks to that CM it is a fixed up, and maybe we will get a PIN code now ;) I can dream can't I!

Lee

my wife called yesterday to inquire about a discount and was told it is completely random.....doesn't matter how may times you've visited...anyways, nothing for us, but my wife gave her email address too so perhaps we'll get a code for Sept-Dec

Just called and did as if making a new reservation. I only wanted to add 1 night and the CM (tho very nice) was basically taking me to reserve a package:confused3 N-e-way so after 30 minutes on the phone with her I basically told her that i would call be:surfweb: :idea:

Zip, ziltch, nada, zil... blah blah blah - nothing!

I have officially given up on this pin code. :headache:

two*little*birds

Here's a :hug: but don't give up yet!

You can still get a discount using CAA ::yes::

I played around with dates on the Disney Online reservation system and found that the prices go down around end of November :surfweb:

I managed to get an online price of $650 + taxes = $737.75 for a value resort from November 30 to December 7th :idea:

I then called up CRO and asked for the AAA/CAA discount for All Stars Movies for these dates and got the 7 days reserved for $518.91 (taxes included - which I think is a very good discount :thumbsup2

So, don't give up, just try calling and asking for a AAA/CAA discount, and if another discount becomes available at a later date you will still have your reservation to apply it to.

Good Luck :flower3:

iluvwesties (aka Carol) :wave:

Today I received the 20% code. It only applie sto our last two nights but hey-savings are savings!:banana:

I am sooo excited !!! Only 20% off which I knew about already since I called a few weeks ago. But am so excited that I got an email. It must be from ordering the DVD, as I quoted several trips from May to anytime in August. It said so glad you are interested in coming in May, and quoted the rack rate for May but said if my dates are flexible I can save 20%.

:sad1: I am going to have to let my ressie go however, b/c until I know about college in the fall I do not know how long I can afford to go for. If I had the 40% I could go for sure. If I don't get into college I can use my tuition money I have saved and am hoping for free dining.

Ahhh...the stress of it all. :headache: But I am so excited to see that email even though I already knew about it. :laughing:

So I will have to call and cancel my ressie for August.

Stephanie

Thank you for ignoring the fact that I can't type. It came from Disney Destinations.

Ahhh...the stress of it all. :headache: But I am so excited to see that email even though I already knew about it. :laughing:

Stephanie

I would be happy to receive a discount email as well -- and we aren't even planning on going this year. Must be from reading these boards.
I'm all caught up in the discount excitement. :banana:

I would be happy to receive a discount email as well -- and we aren't even planning on going this year. Must be from reading these boards.
I'm all caught up in the discount excitement. :banana:

The thing of it is, I can get 20% off with CAA. :confused3

I am just caught up in the code frenzy too. :rotfl2: I was planning for August 2009 till I found out about this code fever.

Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter