• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone from Canada get the 40% off code yet?

Edited: I just called to ask for more information and it seems that my PIN code offer was released in August, but I didn't receive it then. But it is valid until Deceber 13, 2008. It looks like it's 30% off or more. HTH

That's not too shabby - heck I'd take 30% off. :thumbsup2

Yes I know I am lucky I got a discount but really should wait another year unless I get a 40% discount.

Now if I keep this ressie, can my TA take it over?

Ohhh I just got really excited, I just got an email from Disney, but it was about shopping.

:lmao:

Stephanie

Yes I know I am lucky I got a discount but really should wait another year unless I get a 40% discount.

Now if I keep this ressie, can my TA take it over?

Ohhh I just got really excited, I just got an email from Disney, but it was about shopping.

:lmao:

Stephanie

That is something my DH would say he often says "if I get a Porsche for half price does not mean I can afford it" :lmao: If it makes better financial sense to wait a year than that is better for you.
good luck with whatever you decide!

Mousy

I have a funny feeling that Disney feels that the appreciation of our dollar is enough of a code and that they probably don't have to offer Canadians any other incentive to go there. I've read that bookings by Canadians are soaring even as others drop off. This could be one reason that Canadians don't get any codes aimed specifically at them this year. Kind of sucks if this turns out to be the case!

I didn't get the 40% off code, but i was fortunate enough to have the 30% one.

I've booked 2 rooms at WL for Aug 18th - 25th
Woods View $1378 total/room :)
It saves us $1200!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I just checked my email, and there was an "Email exclusive offer" from Disney. It was for Disneyshopping.com!

They shouldn't tease people like that!

I just checked my email, and there was an "Email exclusive offer" from Disney. It was for Disneyshopping.com!

They shouldn't tease people like that!

I got that one too. Got really excited too! Thought it was the big offer....

Charleyann

I was thinking the exact same thing, if you go to the Codes Thread looks like alot of Americans are getting the code but not any Canadians. I really didn't want to think this, but looks like the Canadians are getting nothing so far. Looks like the strong dollar is not so good if you are planning a trip to Disney. :guilty:

I called the CM again late last night and still nothing on our name, got a quote anyways just to see and she came up with the exact same price as the web site quoted us. This is sooooo frustrating. Not sure if I should book anyways and hope to add a code or it booking gets you no chance at all for a code.

Also, I was told by a CM acouple of days ago that I should be on the look out for a email from "Disney Destinations" that is what the code comes in as. I got good for February and March in October from Disney Destinations but nothing since. I also got the 20% off shopping email and my heart skipped a beat.

This is so stressful!

Good luck to other Canadians, let's hope those at Disney really do appreciate those of us north of there border.

Just got off the phone with Disney Travel. I had a pin code attached to my name!!!:banana:
I had to change my travel dates a little but so worth it. The code was 40% Off. We are staying at POFQ had to pick Nov 9-11 or Dec 7-17. We are going in December. I tried for WL but they only had studios and 1 bedrooms avalible with the discount for Decemeber.

I booked my room a few weeks ago and had no code. Called yesterday no code. But when she checked today I had one:woohoo:

So keep trying!!

Just got off the phone with Disney Travel. I had a pin code attached to my name!!!:banana:
I had to change my travel dates a little but so worth it. The code was 40% Off. We are staying at POFQ had to pick Nov 9-11 or Dec 7-17. We are going in December. I tried for WL but they only had studios and 1 bedrooms avalible with the discount for Decemeber.

I booked my room a few weeks ago and had no code. Called yesterday no code. But when she checked today I had one:woohoo:

So keep trying!!

Looks like we will be there the same time! congrats on the discount!!! :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

Hi Mousy!

I'm trying to keep the trip a surprise for my girls. Not easy as they walk in the door from school and Mom is dancing around the kitchen celebrating the 40% code that they can know nothing about:rotfl:

I am doing the same thing.. my kids know that we are going just not when we are going... should be fun!

:confused3
Am I reading this right? No one has heard from a Canadian who has been email/snail mailed a code?
Those with a code have only found it by calling and asking?

And just because our dollar is strong they think we don't need a discount?

How long do we hold our breath waiting for this email? ....Yeah I'm pouting now. I guess I'll just have to call and ask as it seems to be the only way.:headache:

Will they get annoyed if we keep calling, do they keep track of the calls because I have been calling everyday. Not sure if this will go against me in the end???

Will they get annoyed if we keep calling, do they keep track of the calls because I have been calling everyday. Not sure if this will go against me in the end???

We've been doing the exact same thing... and we too wonder if it will go against us in the end. :confused:

Am I reading this right? No one has heard from a Canadian who has been email/snail mailed a code?
Those with a code have only found it by calling and asking?

And just because our dollar is strong they think we don't need a discount?

How long do we hold our breath waiting for this email? ....Yeah I'm pouting now. I guess I'll just have to call and ask as it seems to be the only way.:headache:

I'm feeling the same way, and yes your assumption is right - there hasn't been a single person (who has posted anyways) that they got the PIN# from either an e-mail or snail-mailer. I've only seen two people post that they got the 40% discount - one by sheer luck and the other person had the code on their account.

This whole thing is quite frustrating, perhaps we may consider our all inclusive trip to Jamaica again at this point (instead of WDW) - heck that one even comes with our own private nanny.

I keep checking my email and get excited anytime I see something from Disney. But it's never a code.

I'm going to also try calling to see if I have a pin attached to my name.

I called up this morning and was amazed to hear that I have a 40% discount pin against my name that I can use between Aug 9th and the end of September.
I thought great...I can use this because we are going early August anyway.
So I (perhaps foolishly)put down the phone without getting a name or further details. After discussing it with the family I call back again and they tell me that I have a 20-30% against my name.
"What happened to the 40%..I ask"....they say that they can only see the 20-30% (they can't tell me exacly which one it is) and she rhymed off a whole slew of blackout dates (my proposed August dates are still OK).
I'm still mulling it over because to change to the 40% would be financially worthwhile (even after rebooking another offsite hotel we are going to ....but with higher rates at this time),wheras the 20-30% is not making so much of a difference to the changed dates.
Is there any way I can prove that I got the 40% offer..(I'm know 100% for sure she said it)?

OMG, I just called inquiring about room rates in Dec. Told him I was fexible. We looked at Dec 1 -8th and then he said from Dec 7th the holiday rates kicks in and the rates goes up.

He then said let me check to see if I can give you some magic. He put me on hold an came back and said " I can give you All Star Movies preferred location overlooking the pool for $56 a night! We got 8 nights preferred for Movies @ $509.00!!!!! Dates Dec 7th -Dec 15th!

We got 40% off......Call and don't give up!

Charleyann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter