anyone for the Disneyland CP?

krystina&thebeast

Earning My Ears
it seems like most people (on here & in facebook groups) are applying for the WDW CP & i feel like i'm alone in applying for Disneyland. i had thought about making a Spring 2011 Disneyland CP page on facebook but at this point, i feel like i'm the only one applying for it haha. so i just wanted to see if any DL CP applicants are out there! :)

Don't worry, you aren't the only one!

I want to apply for either Fall 2011 or Spring 2012 though, I'm only a freshman in college now. I'd be a sophomore for those dates.

it seems like most people (on here & in facebook groups) are applying for the WDW CP & i feel like i'm alone in applying for Disneyland. i had thought about making a Spring 2011 Disneyland CP page on facebook but at this point, i feel like i'm the only one applying for it haha. so i just wanted to see if any DL CP applicants are out there! :)

You're not the only one. I applied for 2011 Disneyland CP, had my interview and currently playing the wait game. I just recently joined this board. I came across Disboards as I was searching for information and facebook pages about the CP. I think making a facebook page would be a great idea. I'm sure there are tons of people who have applied for Disneyland CP, but joined the WDW CP board or not at all because there isn't one for Disneyland.

- Shannon

Oh, I wish that I could be doing 2011 Spring or Spring Advantage!!

Playing the waiting game sucks :(

We should also start an 'official' thread on here for DCP alums, participants, and hopefuls...you know, so people could ask questions, meet each other, etc.
:hippie:

Oh, I wish that I could be doing 2011 Spring or Spring Advantage!!

Playing the waiting game sucks :(

We should also start an 'official' thread on here for DCP alums, participants, and hopefuls...you know, so people could ask questions, meet each other, etc.
:hippie:

don't worry, the time will pass quickly. i thought it would seem like ages & ages til the spring 2011 apps came out, but time flew by & here i am, already applied & interviewed! haha.

we have a few threads that kind of cover those topics. the 'sticky' questions thread & generally a large thread is started for the upcoming CP, like the Spring/Spring Advantage 2011 thread. theres even one for future hopefuls! :)

I know! I was getting worried that people weren't applying. I joined and hopefully others will too :)

agreed, shannon! when did you apply & for what roles?

I applied on Aug 31st and had my phone interview on the 2nd. I applied for guest relations, front desk, photopass, merchandise, and attractions. I'm hoping for one out of my top two seeing as how I've been in retail for a while and would like to try something new. We spoke a lot about QSFB and Merchandise. My rep told me that they have more of a need for those two roles, but it doesn't mean that I'll be placed there. Now that I've had the interview I get to play the waiting game. I'm so nervous. Even though I was told I wouldn't hear anything for at least 3 weeks, I'm already checking my email several times a day.

When did you apply and for what roles?

I think a lot of people apply (I heard a couple thousand, even though only a couple hundred get accepted). A lot of them probably just aren't on the Disboards, haha.

Out of curiosity, why did you guys choose to apply for the DL college program over the WDW one?

I want to do this one first because it's a lot closer to home and I just feel more at home at DL and the Southern California area (I've been there more). Plus Disneyland is the original park, so it just feels more authentic to me.

I think a lot of people apply (I heard a couple thousand, even though only a couple hundred get accepted). A lot of them probably just aren't on the Disboards, haha.

Out of curiosity, why did you guys choose to apply for the DL college program over the WDW one?

I want to do this one first because it's a lot closer to home and I just feel more at home at DL and the Southern California area (I've been there more). Plus Disneyland is the original park, so it just feels more authentic to me.

lol hopefully they find this board. It would be nice going down knowing someone. It helps the nerves :)

I applied for DL CP over WDW because it's closer to home. I'm only an hour away and if something should happen and I needed to be home, I could hop in my car and be there in no time. I'm also very familiar with the area (I have zero sense of direction) I wouldn't stress over getting lost.

I've been debating about doing th DL CP. I'm currently a junior and a couple of my friends did the WDW one last year and loved it. I want to work for disney as an imagineer (engineering) eventually and thought this might be a good in and my whole family lives in the Anaheim area so I would have family there and home is only 6 hours away. Plus the free room available.

I'm just worried on what this will do to my credits. I'm already behind on my classes for my majors, and most of mine are not available online. I could do a couple electives and get some back on track with them.

I've done the online registration stuff and going to a meeting for it here at school in October, but just haven't fully decided.

Any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter