Anyone for HHI 2011? Roll call time!

We are trying to figure out when to go to hhi next summer. We are thinking of either the beginning of the summer or the end. So which do you think is better?

Well the beginning of Summer around here is muggy, hot, some rain and can be buggy.
The end of Summer around here is hot, muggy, some rain and buggy.
Not all is bad. The wind off the ocean does help with all 4 itmes.

Hurricanes are more likely in the later summer if we should get one.

We've had like 50 days of 90deg+ and high humidity this Summer.

Otherwise, both will be fine. Just be ready for the environment.

Well the beginning of Summer around here is muggy, hot, some rain and can be buggy.
The end of Summer around here is hot, muggy, some rain and buggy.
Not all is bad. The wind off the ocean does help with all 4 itmes.

Hurricanes are more likely in the later summer if we should get one.

We've had like 50 days of 90deg+ and high humidity this Summer.

Otherwise, both will be fine. Just be ready for the environment.

What kind of bugs should I be prepared for the end of August:confused:

I just returned from a very hot, muggy week in Hilton Head and got one mosquito bite the entire week. I was pleasantly surprised with how un-buggy it was! We ate outside every evening, attended the outdoor movie, and swam until 10:00 PM and sat on our balcony in the mornings and evenings - no bugs. Bring some OFF or other insect repellent if you are concerned, but don't let the bugs, or lack there of, deter you from doing any outdoor activities. It was an awesome trip!

ilovecoasters, I'm sorry I didn't get back here to update the list before your trip. I hope you enjoyed it. Did you? I see that one person is there now for 2 weeks of rest and relaxation. Hope you're having a wonderful time (at Hilton Head? Pretty sure you are!)

Anyone else going in 2011?

We now have gotten some extra days on both cash and points so we will have 6 nights from August 17-23! Just 3 more weeks to go!

Wife and I, along with another couple, will be having a Social Security Celebration at HHI from 9/4 - 9/9. Checkout day is my wife's birthday, but I can't tell you how old she'll be. A little logic goes a long way, however. :rolleyes1 Have to leave on the 9th in order to attend PSU-Alabama football game on Saturday.

Wife and I, along with another couple, will be having a Social Security Celebration at HHI from 9/4 - 9/9. Checkout day is my wife's birthday, but I can't tell you how old she'll be. A little logic goes a long way, however. :rolleyes1 Have to leave on the 9th in order to attend PSU-Alabama football game on Saturday.

Let's see-if it's a Social Security celebration...and a birthday....I just don't have any idea which birthday;) Actually, I think a Social Security celebration is a great idea, I should have one of those myself in (two)more years.

Almost forgot to ask you-I noticed in your signature that you'll be cruising soon. Is it Disney cruise line? I hope you enjoy!

Almost forgot to ask you-I noticed in your signature that you'll be cruising soon. Is it Disney cruise line? I hope you enjoy!

We are doing our 1st RCI in October, but have 12/01/11 booked on the Dream, and 09/22/12 on the Fantasy. We've sailed with Disney and Princess several times before. Absolutely love Disney, but we've found better deals with Princess and timing wasn't right for October with either of them unfortunately.

We are doing our 1st RCI in October, but have 12/01/11 booked on the Dream, and 09/22/12 on the Fantasy. We've sailed with Disney and Princess several times before. Absolutely love Disney, but we've found better deals with Princess and timing wasn't right for October with either of them unfortunately.

And Princess has better music;)(shameless plug for DS who's a musician on Princess)

And Princess has better music;)(shameless plug for DS who's a musician on Princess)

Oh yes!! We love the music offered on Princess for adult entertainment. Our 1 cruise with them I actully came home lighter than when we left. Danced every night :dancer: before and :dancer: after dinner plus snorkeling several times.

You must be very proud, and what a wonderful experience for him.

I love...love...love HHI and am always very happy when we are able to book what we want at the 7 month window. I'd like to have at least a small contract there, but can't have it all I guess.

We'll be there October 2-9th. Our first time :cool1: It will be me, DH, DD12 and DS11. Our current plan is to drive straight there from Ontario, Canada without an overnight stop but this is still up in the air.

Right now, I am just trying to plan out a basic/loose itinerary (it's so hard not to plan plan plan!). We definitely want to do kayaking, dolphin cruise, possibly some waterskiing and tubing or a fishing excursion (as well as the beach, pool and resort activities)
Any opinions on whether we should book a dedicated fishing excursion or use a company that let's you customize your day and do the fishing and tubing in the same excursion. Is a 4 hour excursion enough to do both? I think I read somewhere that a good fishing excursion needs to be at least 3-4 hours :confused3

Sooo excited :banana:

We'll be there October 2-9th. Our first time :cool1: It will be me, DH, DD12 and DS11. Our current plan is to drive straight there from Ontario, Canada without an overnight stop but this is still up in the air.

Right now, I am just trying to plan out a basic/loose itinerary (it's so hard not to plan plan plan!). We definitely want to do kayaking, dolphin cruise, possibly some waterskiing and tubing or a fishing excursion (as well as the beach, pool and resort activities)
Any opinions on whether we should book a dedicated fishing excursion or use a company that let's you customize your day and do the fishing and tubing in the same excursion. Is a 4 hour excursion enough to do both? I think I read somewhere that a good fishing excursion needs to be at least 3-4 hours :confused3

Sooo excited :banana:

Just got back Monday..Had a great time. Just getting our photos up on Facebook.
We are also from Ontario--Wouldn't recommend the straight drive through, but maybe you're hardier than us:eek:
Any questions just ask away.
I am going to try to do a trip report, but things are a bit crazy here getting ready for back to school;)

I'm a real beginner on Facebook, but I'd love to see HHI photos. How can I find them?

I mean, I know DVC owners are members but we are staying on rented points, would we count as members for our length of stay or just regular guests?

Other than the discounts on some activities and daily housekeeping, does it make any other difference?

Also, my daughter will be one week shy of her 13th birthday... will she have a choice for teens vs. kids night out?

Thanks for your help,

Kelly

Just got back Monday..Had a great time. Just getting our photos up on Facebook.
We are also from Ontario--Wouldn't recommend the straight drive through, but maybe you're hardier than us:eek:
Any questions just ask away.
I am going to try to do a trip report, but things are a bit crazy here getting ready for back to school;)

I wouldn't drive straight through either. We do the drive from Buffalo and we stop for the night. Mainly because I don't want to be exhausted when we get there. We're heading down middle of October and I'm trying to figure out just where to stop so the second day is maybe just a 4 hour drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter