Anyone for HHI 2011? Roll call time!

We are set for 7/31 - 8/5 -- will be our 10th year. Wait listed for April, we normally go in the spring, but this is the second year we have been shut out of that. Fingers crossed the April dates coming through!

Our HHI trip is now set. We will be there from April 14th-18th. Can't wait to see shadow & B'Lou Crabbe again.

Well, I was on the phone at 9:02am, exactly 7 months out, and there were no rooms to be had. So now we're wait listed. Boo-hoo. Guess we'll see if it pans out.

I was able to get in for the following week :cool1: Wa-hoooooo!!!! :banana:

My wait list came through today for a 2BR July 10th - 15th. I didn't even get on the list at the exact 7 month window. I was very surprised when I saw my reservation on the member website this morning.

Feb 11-14. Running my first 5k and celebrating my 51st birthday.

Feb 11-14. Running my first 5k and celebrating my 51st birthday.

Just curious-where are you running a 5K on the island in February. DH ran the Piggly Wiggly 5K, near the Island Rec Center on Thanksgiving, but I didn't know there was one in February.

Looks like on Feb 12 there is the 9th annual Hilton Head Island Half Marathon and 10K/5K.

Please forgive me for possibly asking some silly questions! We are trying to decide between VB and HHI for an end of Feb. vacation. I would love to know what I can expect weaher wise at HHI at that time. What is there do do for kids aged 5-13? Why do you all love it so much? What makes HHI special for you? Your favourite activities and dining and shopping etc.?

Thanks for your patience and your expertise!

Please forgive me for possibly asking some silly questions! We are trying to decide between VB and HHI for an end of Feb. vacation. I would love to know what I can expect weaher wise at HHI at that time. What is there do do for kids aged 5-13? Why do you all love it so much? What makes HHI special for you? Your favourite activities and dining and shopping etc.?

Well, first the weather-I'm probably not the best one to ask. We went once in February and it was cold, windy, rainy, miserable weather. Yet, all week we encountered people telling us "You should have been here last week-it was in the 80s and sunny, beautiful weather, all week."
We don't have kids in that age range, but the resort itself offers lots of fun-sounding activities for kids. Also, there's the dolphin watch cruise with Scott. And in Big Murgie's Den (Main Lodge) there's the billiards table-and you probably don't have to wait to use it in February. And there are several miniature golf places.
Favorite reasons to go? I can think of some-the beautiful scenery, DH would name golf, walking along the beach and hopefully (probably) seeing dolphins, the wonderful CMs, Signe's Bakery (key lime pound cake-Mmmmm!), the views of the marsh and nature.
Favorite resturants-so many, so little time. Besides the aforementioned Signe's, lots of great seafood places-Sea Shack, Roastfish and Cornbread, Salty Dog, Captain Woody's, heck even Arby's somehow tastes better at Hilton Head.
Favorite reasons to go-the

Well, first the weather-I'm probably not the best one to ask. We went once in February and it was cold, windy, rainy, miserable weather. Yet, all week we encountered people telling us "You should have been here last week-it was in the 80s and sunny, beautiful weather, all week."
We don't have kids in that age range, but the resort itself offers lots of fun-sounding activities for kids. Also, there's the dolphin watch cruise with Scott. And in Big Murgie's Den (Main Lodge) there's the billiards table-and you probably don't have to wait to use it in February. And there are several miniature golf places.
Favorite reasons to go? I can think of some-the beautiful scenery, DH would name golf, walking along the beach and hopefully (probably) seeing dolphins, the wonderful CMs, Signe's Bakery (key lime pound cake-Mmmmm!), the views of the marsh and nature.
Favorite resturants-so many, so little time. Besides the aforementioned Signe's, lots of great seafood places-Sea Shack, Roastfish and Cornbread, Salty Dog, Captain Woody's, heck even Arby's somehow tastes better at Hilton Head. And of course, there's the hot apple cider and cranberry nut cookies at the resort.
Feel free to ask any more questions so I have an excuse to talk about my favorite place.

Yes that is the one!

Good luck! Be sure to let us know how you do. Also, could you please note and post about one thing-the mile markers. What I mean is-in all the road races DH has run, the miles have always been noted. That is, until his first HHI 5K. For the first time, he encountered a race with no mile markers. So he had no verification of exactly how far he'd run. It felt kind of strange, and he wondered-is this some quirk unique to Hilton Head road races? So we'd really appreciate if you'd post about that also. Thanks! And have fun!

Good luck! Be sure to let us know how you do. Also, could you please note and post about one thing-the mile markers. What I mean is-in all the road races DH has run, the miles have always been noted. That is, until his first HHI 5K. For the first time, he encountered a race with no mile markers. So he had no verification of exactly how far he'd run. It felt kind of strange, and he wondered-is this some quirk unique to Hilton Head road races? So we'd really appreciate if you'd post about that also. Thanks! And have fun!

Thanks for the good luck. I'll try to remember to post about the marked miles. If you don't see anything please PM me!! I have never done anything like this before so if the markers are easy for me to find or see then they were well marked :)

Karen:

Happy BDay just wish you were going one month later when we are so we could hang out again! :cheer2:

Kathy

Karen:

Happy BDay just wish you were going one month later when we are so we could hang out again! :cheer2:

Kathy

Haha-I was thinking the same thing when I looked down the list at the start of this thread. The trip when we were all there was one of the best. Especially our Merry Mixer. Thinking about how we transported the "extras" back to the resort makes me laugh!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter