Anyone follow Eat More 2 Weigh Less?

disneydreamin247

DIS Veteran
I have been using this "method," and I have been doing very well. Trying to lay off the scale and focus more on how I feel and how my clothes fit. I have lost 20 lbs, but more than that my clothes are much looser and I am feeling so much better. I am not hungry and cranky and I actually have energy. I am just wondering if anyone else follows this or has tried it.

I've not used the program, but I did just read a little about it and it seems well structured. I wish you continued success!

I commend you for wanting to stay off the scale, many a successful program has been derailed by the weight monitoring efforts of dieters. It's usually important to remember that what we are REALLY after here is likely a particular body composition, not a particular weight. If you could look exactly the way you wanted, but at your current weight, OR look exactly the way you do now, but at your desired weight, which would you choose?

It's great that you're feeling better and have energy, are you coupling the diet with a particular exercise routine? What does a typical day's menu look like?

I am sorry for the questions, I'm a personal trainer by day and really love collecting info on what works and what doesn't. Thankfully, it sounds like you've found something that works!

I've not used the program, but I did just read a little about it and it seems well structured. I wish you continued success!

I commend you for wanting to stay off the scale, many a successful program has been derailed by the weight monitoring efforts of dieters. It's usually important to remember that what we are REALLY after here is likely a particular body composition, not a particular weight. If you could look exactly the way you wanted, but at your current weight, OR look exactly the way you do now, but at your desired weight, which would you choose?

It's great that you're feeling better and have energy, are you coupling the diet with a particular exercise routine? What does a typical day's menu look like?

I am sorry for the questions, I'm a personal trainer by day and really love collecting info on what works and what doesn't. Thankfully, it sounds like you've found something that works!

I am recovering from a long history of disordered eating/eating disorders and I am admittedly very heavy right now. I had been tracking my intake with My Fitness Pal, but it was triggering my restrictive instinct again so I laid off and have been mostly just following my body's cues and really paying attention to them. Not forcing myself to eat because I am angry or stressed, realizing that I crave a LOT of protein, not feeling bad for eating chocolate because I can now eat SOME chocolate instead of binging on it and consuming 3 bags of fun size candy bars.

I aim for 150 grams of protein a day. My BMR is 2806. My TDEE is between 3800-5003 depending on what my day looks like. For example on Saturdays I am on my feet for most of my workday and then try to get out for a walk with my kids, or I will go grocery shopping so my TDEE is closer to 5000.

For exercise, I do body weight workouts and kettlebell workouts at home, as well as some walking. I'm hoping to get back to the gym next week and get back to lifting.

It can certainly be difficult to reframe food psychologically as nothing more than fuel for our bodies; much of modern society seems to be based around particular eating traditions. I commend you for paying attention to what your particular triggers can be too, gathering as much information about YOUR body is a key part of changing it.

It sounds like you have a handle on total caloric amounts, so I wonder what your macronutrient breakdown is. Food quality, and arguably timing, is also important in long term, sustainable weight control. 85% dark chocolate isn't as bad as milk chocolate, for instance; or have a spinach salad rather than lettuce.

Exercise is also crucial for long term health, and it sounds like you're in the right mindset for that as well. 20 minutes every other day with your bodyweight and a kettlebell is all you need starting out. I wouldn't worry about running for now (it doesn't sound like you are, but for some reason that's the standard go-to for weight loss).

I agree wholeheartedly that nutritional views are very skewed in today's society. I try to teach my children to have a healthy relationship with food and try to avoid labels like "healthy" and "unhealthy" because I don't want them to start labeling things and thinking in a disordered manner.

I don't stress macros too heavily, but I aim for 40/30/30 protein/carbs/fat. I'm not a runner and never have been. I've always been busty and I also have weak legs from surgeries when I was 7 years old. I had to be in double leg casts for 7 months and then relearn to walk and, unfortunately, didn't receive adequate PT after so walking is the best I can do! I prefer power lifting to cardio anyhow, as I would prefer to build lean muscle than to just burn calories. My cardio is really limited to walking my neighborhood with my kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter