• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone fly with JetBlue?

I love JB, but could sure use a good sale right now for the spring! Come on JB, you put together a new website and we've been patient, now give us a bargain! BTW--the customer service folks have always been great when I've had to call.

JetBlue is the only airline we fly...Prices there seem to be best for BOS-MCO, we always like the flight times offered. I even have JetBlue American Express card.

We won't fly anything else. As mentioned the reserved seats, one free checked bag, unlimited snacks and soft drinks (you get the entire can of soda, as opposed to a small plastic cup of soda), decent leg room, and of course those TV's.

Cheapest fares are usually Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

We LOVE jet blue. If i can i try to only fly with them. I love that they have alot of different times to choose from and alot of direct flights! I love that i can pick a seat and the TV's work out great for my husband. hes not a big fan of flying and the TVs keep his mind off of it!! I hope they never start charging for the first check bag Or the snacks! Its a great Perk! Jet Blue all the way!!

I saw that warning about seats not being guaranted as well.

So before I booked, I had to phone them. I'm not concerned about my husband & I sitting in different areas, but I was concerned that they might try to sit a child away from us. We planned on 1 parent sitting beside 1 child kind of deal. The person I spoke to assured me the airline would never seperate a child from the parent however.

Again, never flown before so I do not know all these details!

Dani

That is airline legal speak just in case they are forced to move you due to an unanticipated issue. Could be that they need to accommodate a family like yours or someone with a disability or it could be just that a seat is broken and can't be used on that flight. I've flown Jetblue a lot (on my own for business and with my family) and I've never been asked to change my assigned seat.

One thing you should know. On it's A320 aircraft, Jetblue blocks off rows 1 and 6. When you book your flight, it will look like those seats are taken but in fact, they may not be. They do this to help families or others who need to sit together but may not have been able to book seats together at the time of booking. It actually stops them from having to ask others to move at the last minute. If you want these seats, they are usually only available for day of travel assignment at the airport. But, on one occasion, I called the res number and they did it for me. But, I think the res agent had to ask a supervisor to do it..not 100% sure. Jetblue also blocks off 2 rows on their E-190 aircraft but I'm not sure which row numbers they are.

One thing you should know. On it's A320 aircraft, Jetblue blocks off rows 1 and 6. When you book your flight, it will look like those seats are taken but in fact, they may not be. They do this to help families or others who need to sit together but may not have been able to book seats together at the time of booking.
To be clear, row 1 especially is blocked off first for disabled passengers - who may need extra assistance, who may need the extra room the bulkhead seats afford, who may need (more than others) the guaranteed* proximity to the restrooms.

Please, if one is only requesting these seats be assigned to one's party for the convenience of not being separated from the entire family, consider first that there may be passengers who physically need these seats.

*guaranteed except when, on long flights, the entire area is blocked off by the drink cart so the pilots can use the facilities while minimizing/elminating the risk that the cockpit be breached while it's momentarily unlocked.

To be clear, row 1 especially is blocked off first for disabled passengers - who may need extra assistance, who may need the extra room the bulkhead seats afford, who may need (more than others) the guaranteed* proximity to the restrooms.

Please, if one is only requesting these seats be assigned to one's party for the convenience of not being separated from the entire family, consider first that there may be passengers who physically need these seats.

*guaranteed except when, on long flights, the entire area is blocked off by the drink cart so the pilots can use the facilities while minimizing/elminating the risk that the cockpit be breached while it's momentarily unlocked.

That's not how it was explained to me by Jetblue. There were 6 of us traveling and I called a few weeks in advance to see if we could get seats together and Jetblue offered the row 1 seats and explained why they leave them blocked. I did not ask them for those specific seats. I would assume that's also why they say no seat is guaranteed. Since they gave me these seats in advance, should someone who had more of a need to use them booked the flight, they most likely would have moved me.

Why is Jetblue so expensive to fly from California to Orlando?? :confused3 The cheapest I've seen is well over $200 EACH WAY! :eek: (That is from SFO to MCO.)
I'd love to fly Jetblue instead of SW or Airtran but can't justify paying double the price. :sad2:
They are competitive on flights from Northern CA to Southern CA - my dh just flew w/ them last weekend to Long Beach - but certainly not for going to Orlando. :confused:

My last flight was $154 each way. LGB-MCO

Ok, that is good to know. Do they say anywhere on their website when they release more dates? We are flying on Nov 18 - 27th and those dates aren't out yet.

I think part of the high price issue is the flights to MCO from Northern CA all go to New York or Boston, and then down to Orlando. Kinda seems like alot of extra miles to me - and therefore higher price. :sad2:

Not sure where you are, but check the flights out of SFO, OAK, and San Jose.

Another question about JB. I have 4 seats booked for an upcoming flight next month and right now, the plane is not very full. Almost every seat with the extra leg room is empty. Would we be able to upgrade our seats that day at no additional charge if the seats are still empty? I have no idea so I was just wondering if anyone happens to know. Thanks.

Lisa

Also love JB :goodvibes !
Did all of our booking, seat reservation, and check in online - also a great perk. Kids loved the tv (no need to "rent" the movie) and the snacks and the full cans of soda. And the regular seats were more comfy and spacious than the transatlantic flights that I'm used to.
Bring your own ear phones and blankets/pillows if you need them - JB charges for these.
In Dec. we flew Newark - MCO for 89$ per person per flight - I thought that price was quite super.
Yay JB:cheer2:

Another question about JB. I have 4 seats booked for an upcoming flight next month and right now, the plane is not very full. Almost every seat with the extra leg room is empty. Would we be able to upgrade our seats that day at no additional charge if the seats are still empty? I have no idea so I was just wondering if anyone happens to know. Thanks.

Lisa
Unless things have changed since October, tbe airport the day of the flight, sure - if nobody beat you to it. ARRIVE EARLY.

Lisa

As Kay said..yes you can. However, I it might be tough to get 4 seats together. Also, JetBlue seems to have quite a bit more leg room in their regular seats than most airlines.

The tvs are fantastic..28 days prior to flight you can check the direct tv guide on their site to see what will be on. I also love the leather seats. (My poor neice just picked up lice on an American flight last week.)..damn fabric seats! :eek:

As Kay said..yes you can. However, I it might be tough to get 4 seats together. Also, JetBlue seems to have quite a bit more leg room in their regular seats than most airlines.

The tvs are fantastic..28 days prior to flight you can check the direct tv guide on their site to see what will be on. I also love the leather seats. (My poor neice just picked up lice on an American flight last week.)..damn fabric seats! :eek:

Upgrade to these seats free of charge? I don't think so. I fly Jetblue all the time. When you do this at the airport kiosk on the day of travel, you still have to pay if you want to choose one of these seats. If you want it free of charge, you'd most likely have to ask the ticket or gate agent for a favor. This has also happened to me but only when traveling alone, not with my family. Not only have I had to pay for this on the day of travel, I have also sat in these rows by myself (just this past Tuesday) when the rest of the plane was basically full....because no one else apparently wanted to pay for the upgrade of seats. If it was free on the day of travel, there would never be an empty seat in these rows.

ratmaster said:
Upgrade to these seats free of charge? I don't think so. I fly Jetblue all the time. When you do this at the airport kiosk on the day of travel, you still have to pay if you want to choose one of these seats. If you want it free of charge, you'd most likely have to ask the ticket or gate agent for a favor.
Specifically, yes, the Gate Agent :teeth:. At ANY other point, the passenger would have to pay for the upgrage - you're 100% correct.

Upgrade to these seats free of charge? I don't think so. I fly Jetblue all the time. When you do this at the airport kiosk on the day of travel, you still have to pay if you want to choose one of these seats. If you want it free of charge, you'd most likely have to ask the ticket or gate agent for a favor. This has also happened to me but only when traveling alone, not with my family. Not only have I had to pay for this on the day of travel, I have also sat in these rows by myself (just this past Tuesday) when the rest of the plane was basically full....because no one else apparently wanted to pay for the upgrade of seats. If it was free on the day of travel, there would never be an empty seat in these rows.

Once everyone has checked in for the flight if no one is sitting in them you can certainly ask to see if you can move.

Even if you are already on the plane and ask the flight attendant if you can move to one of those seats, they will charge you. They have portable credit card readers they use to charge you for headsets and liquor. I'm sure it will work for upgrades as well. As mentioned, JB has more legroom than most coach seats. I'm 6'3" and am comfortable in the regular seats. Other airlines are extremely cramped for me. This is another reason I only fly JB.

Even if you are already on the plane and ask the flight attendant if you can move to one of those seats, they will charge you. They have portable credit card readers they use to charge you for headsets and liquor. I'm sure it will work for upgrades as well.
Not doubting you AT ALL. You know I've always respected your information (wait, maybe you don't know that - you wouldn't recognize me using this name!). Again, as of October 2009, the Gate Agents (in Las Vegas) were able to upgrade passengers to unassigned Even More Legroom seats at no charge. Ditto for the December before... when I could have moved from 25 to 3 but refused because I thought the Flight Attendants would spend all night at the FRONT of the plane... but nooooooooooooooooo ;).

But, I do realize things change. As I said, I don't doubt you at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter