Anyone fly out of Flint, Michigan?

greenclan67

Callie35
I booked non-stop flights from Flint to Tampa, for March Break, at $69 on Airtran. We have flown from Buffalo and Rochester before, but decided that eithier way I am driving at least 8 hours, and my sister lives in Sault Ste Marie, so we can stay there and drive to Flint in the morning. Our flight doesn't leave until late afternoon.
How is the airport? Also should we do a park, sleep & fly, (our rtn flight doesn't get in until late) or should I park at the airport? Any suggestions for the best motel? Thanks so much!

We flew out of Flint a few years ago using Air Tran as well. It was a nice small airport which made the trip with little kids easier. There is the usual airport parking and a shuttle picks you up.
I am not up to speed on current local hotels -just beware of the Days Inn. We received it as a surprise through hotwire - a bad lesson learned. :sad2: It was pretty rough inside and out including check-in staff and none of us slept that night. There were cars abandoned in the parking lot with no wheels and it looked like the rooms were set up for long term. It is the winner of worst hotels in all of our travels! All I can suggest is to check the tripadvisor boards for flint hotel reviews.

We always fly out of Flint. Since we are only 1 1/2 hrs away and it is much nicer then flying out of Detroit. Yes it is quite small. I think 8 gates, 3 baggage claims. This is why we like it. The park and fly at the airport is $5 per day or $30 per week. I've never stayed at a hotel near the airport!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter