Anyone fly out of DC-Reagan instead of Dulles now?

Missyrose said:
Our gate wasn't in the new, remodeled part of DCA, it was in one of the older annexes. The pros of that was a non-existent security line, but the downside was a lack of options for breakfast.
Yeah, I do not like the actual gate area either. I do like the exclusive check-in and bag claim area, but I'd be very happy if JetBlue moved to the other terminals.

One companion gets a free bag. We flew with 4 people in June and only 2 of us got free bags.

Thanks for the info!

Not sure I understand why you 'have to park' at DCA.

I get that DCA is further from your home than IAD, but, in the grand scheme of things, its really not that far between the two places. Its not like you need a passport to cross some border...its just an hour or so more in the car for you driver.

Personally, I think you're undervaluing the ease of getting around at DCA, especially with strollers/little ones.. [/I]

Well I guess that's why I posed the question, because I'm unfamiliar with DCA. All your info has helped though. I didn't know about the terminal situation. I guess I feel like we have to park, because we'd need to 2 people to drive us to the airport, because we all don't fit in one car since my mother is coming, too. It's easy to find 2 people to drive us to IAD, not so much to DCA.

We flew out of DCA for the first time last month and had a pretty good experience. Our gate wasn't in the new, remodeled part of DCA, it was in one of the older annexes. The pros of that was a non-existent security line, but the downside was a lack of options for breakfast. Our flight out and coming back left on time.

Going out was the planes with three seats on either side, coming back was two and two. We did decide to upgrade to the extra legroom seats anytime we're scheduled to fly on the smaller planes, there's just not enough overhead bin space so getting to board early is a plus.

We also live less than 10 minutes from Dulles and had gotten very spoiled by the proximity, but as long as we can get early, nonstop flight down to MCO and a late, nonstop flight on the way back, we'll schlep to DCA. Plus, both our January and May roundtrip tickets were only $180 apiece. :thumbsup2

Thanks for your experience! I felt spoiled, too, from having Dulles so close.

So many DC area folks. :thumbsup2

We live about 20 minutes outside of DC, so National is always the best option for us. And it's often the cheapest. Our fare for our trip this month was $147 vs the $200+ offered through BWI and IAD.

We're flying United, but I have no issues with them from past trips. Honestly for this short of a trip, a plane is a plane. Not really worried about bag fees. My children will each have a carry-on with their own stuff and I may decide to check one roller suitcase for any overflow. We have a washer/dryer in our condo, so no need to pack an outfit for each day of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter