Anyone flown With Virgin from Glasgow to Orlando international airport?

clairenutter

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has ever flown from Glasgow with Virgin to Orlando? I have been to Orlando a couple of times but never flown with Virgin or into Orlando international. (Have always flown into Sanford) just wondered how you rated your Virgin flight? What was the entertainment like? Was the food nice? If you flew economy what was the space like? For legs? Seat pitch? The last time I flew to Orlando we flew with my travel who were bought over by Thomas cook. We were not impressed. The leg room was terrible. You get much more space on a Ryanair or easy jet flight to London. I flew with Emirates last year and there service, leg room, food and entertainment was just amazing. Thanks for any info. Booked to go in September and have started trip planning already. So excited for our trip

Claire xx

I've never flown from Glasgow we tend to fly out of Gatwick so we can fly from Edinburgh but always select Virgin. I think Virgin are now of the best. We always fly premium economy for more room but the flights are good.

MCO can be busy for immigration but it is getting better

Hi Clarienutter. I flown with Virgin from GLA to MCO twice in 2011 & 2014. However on both occasions I flew premium economy. The first flight was on an older plane and not as good as the 2nd flight where I was seated in the bubble upstairs on a fairly new plane. The cabin crew were great on both flights, the seat pitch and width were good but I preferred sitting in the bubble upstairs, the onboard entertainment system was really good with a really wide selection of movies and shows which were mostly all recent releases, the food was fine nothing to write home about but plane food never is. I have booked to fly with Virgin again on my return flight from MCO to GLA in September trying out their upper class cabin this time as I got a fabulous price to upgrade.

Thank you minniesgal and todds34. I would love to upgrade but when I priced it it was going to cost thousands of pounds to do so and would rather save that money for my trip or for another trip. I thought Virgin were probably the best airline. Going by their website the entertainment looks really good. Thank you for your tips. When is September are you going todds34? we are going the end of September into October. Never been at that time of year before!

Claire

The trick to upgrading to PE is to do it the day the flights are first released. Then it costs very little.

Clairnutter We are going to New York on 27/08 then moving to Orlando from 31/8 to 9/9. This is the 1st time I will have been at this time of year as well, we normally go in June or early August so not quite sure what to expect weather wise. The Orlando part is a surprise for my DD for her 21st birthday so its a bit of a special trip. Iam flying direct to New York from Edinburgh with Delta who are a Virgin codeshare partner and this flight is economy, really don't know what to expect from this and Iam feeling a wee bit nervous. I was only able to book the upper class return flight with Virgin as I got a great price to upgrade during their January sale. I checked the price a few days ago and to book the same flights in the same class now it would cost me more than double the price I paid!!!! I'm not sure what type of plane Virgin use out of Glasgow now but I when I flew in 2014 we were in the upstairs bubble as it is called. They had both premium economy and economy seats up there. I would recommend you try reserve a seat in this section as it was very quiet and peaceful and felt very private.

Hi todds34.

I can't remember when we looked at upgrading but must have missed the sale. I did log into the virgin flight and it would let me book seats up stairs if you wanted so must be the same type plane as it was for you in 2014. That's an amazing surprise your planning. I am sure there is nothing to be nervous about. At least the flight you slightly worried about is the first flight. As for what the weather will be like. I am not sure about that. The first time I visited we arrived on the 3rd of July. It was so so hot and humid. The last time I went we went the very end of April into May and it was still very warm but didn't have the humidity so was much more comfortable. I am hoping September/October will be the same type weather as May but I suspect it will be warmer and more humid than May.

Hi Minniegal. Really? That's really really annoying. We booked our holiday in August last year for September this year! We never looked at upgrading until Jan time I think it was!

We haven't flown out of GLA but have flown from Manchester with Virgin into MCO in 2014 and are back again in April this year.

Dh is 6'3" tall and we were in economy in the bubble upstairs. We are booked into the bubble again. Leg room is good, not amazing but Dh is comfortable for 9 hours. Under the aisle seat is a metal box which houses a load of electrical stuff, it is pretty slim but be aware that you might have to rethink your handbag and feet position.

Food is good and keeps coming, so meal, afternoon tea sandwich thing, a Fab ice lolly at some point too. In flight entertainment is decent and the reason we picked Virgin. We have two children who we wanted to keep quiet.

MCO is busy but they do get through you quite quickly considering the sheer number of people. I would advise you to look at a map of the airport to find car hire/Magical Express/other transport as you go up and then have to come down.

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for all your tips. This afternoon I managed to book the bubble for both flights there and home this afternoon. Sounds like a great idea glad I posted this question last night. I am v excited even though its a v long wait till September!

We have flown 4 times with Virgin from Glasgow. Our last trip was in July 2015. If you have a look at Day 1 of my trip report you will see details of the experience.

Thank you. I read it. I have booked seats in the part of the plane that they are calling the bubble!

we've flown from Glasgow a few times now with Virgin, and love the seats upstairs. Great cabin crew, couldn't do enough for you, and most of them were local and only do the GLA routes. This year we are having to go out from LGW and back to GLA due to dates, but wouldn't hesitate using this routing

we've flown from Glasgow a few times now with Virgin, and love the seats upstairs. Great cabin crew, couldn't do enough for you, and most of them were local and only do the GLA routes. This year we are having to go out from LGW and back to GLA due to dates, but wouldn't hesitate using this routing

Thank you. Sounds great. And brilliant to hear. I can't wait!! :-)

The trick to upgrading to PE is to do it the day the flights are first released. Then it costs very little.
Really?

When you say very little what are we talking lol.
As I'm looking at booking flights for next year, we've done premium twice with Virgin, and I'm thinking of doing it again.
If it's cheaper to book when first released then that's what I'll do.

Really?

When you say very little what are we talking lol.
As I'm looking at booking flights for next year, we've done premium twice with Virgin, and I'm thinking of doing it again.
If it's cheaper to book when first released then that's what I'll do.

I haven't done it in a while but the last time I booked it I booked literally the first minute you could and i paid about 25-35 quid upgrade per seat, within a few hours it was well over 100 and over 200 within days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter