Anyone flown thomas cook.

The Eighth Dwarf

Mouseketeer
Hi, we flew from gatwick last year with Virgin. We had absolutely no complaints about the flights or the service but the connecting flights from Belfast were a pain in the rear and on the way home we really could have done without the stop of.

Anyway this year we are flying from Aldergrove with Thomas Cook into Sanford.

So was wondring if anyone has done this and , how big is the plane, how much leg room will I get. Does each seat have a TV and what is the inflight entertainment like.

So any answes will be gratefully received.

Hi, we flew from gatwick last year with Virgin. We had absolutely no complaints about the flights or the service but the connecting flights from Belfast were a pain in the rear and on the way home we really could have done without the stop of.

Anyway this year we are flying from Aldergrove with Thomas Cook into Sanford.

So was wondring if anyone has done this and , how big is the plane, how much leg room will I get. Does each seat have a TV and what is the inflight entertainment like.

So any answes will be gratefully received.

Have flown twice with Thomas Cook - 1st time to Spain and they lost my suitcase - never been seen since:sad:
2nd time into Sanford (yes I gave them a second chance, but only because the price was right:thumbsup2 )

Both flights were ok, not outstanding. Plane very comfy, with TV screen in each seat in front although headsets a bit hit and miss - may pay to purchase an adaptor for your own headset. Main gripe coming home from Sandford is that youngest DS not well before flight and not really looked after on flight. He was sick in the aisle and I had to clean it up, as there wasn't a stewardess in sight. I didn't mind clearing it up, but a little help or clean up things provided would have been nice. Thanks to friendly passengers passing up and down tissues etc we managed.Once cleared they magically appeared again and offered him some iced water, which to this day he is still waiting for. Perhaps it's with my suitcase :rotfl:

With all that said, I would use them again if the price was right. This year it wasn't and BA was!

We're flying with Thomas Cook from Manchester in May, I'm also wondering what they're like.
I've got such a fear of my suitcase being lost, thats a nightmare start to your holiday! There's some Spanish person wandering around in your clothes as we speak :rotfl:

I'm flying with Thomas Cook this year for the first time.

I hope they've gotten a bit better!

I know I'll be tying something onto my suitcases that no one else would have so my cases are easily distinguishable. Something like a bright green feather boa lol. :P

My friend flew with TC to Las Vegas in the summer, she said never again (although what happened to her was probably a one off.) Her flight was 27 hours late, then Las Vegas airport shut due to bad weather (not TC fault, but added to her missery!!) and they had to land at a place thatw as not at international airport so they were not allowed off the plane. Sever people on the flight were not amused by this and the sherrif department had to board the plane (again not TC fault, but again adding to the experience). Finally 4 hours later they travelled on. So her 7 night stay in Vegas turned to 5 nights. It was a trip for her sons 21st birthday, he spent his birthday in a hotel in Manchester!! Then on the way back non of the seat back TV's worked for the whole plane, there was a fault with the system.
On a plus side she said the food was good for airline food, she seat space was OK, she didn't feel cramped and the staff were nice. She knows there experience was a one off and a lot of it was not TC fault. But a 27 hour delay was and that is not acceptable (this was in August.) Oh and her suitcase limit was no where near what Virgin allow even in economy.

They are going back this summer with Virgin!!

[QUOTEThere's some Spanish person wandering around in your clothes as we speak :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

You may well laugh, I was eyeing up everyone suspiciously for the first few days if they were wearing anything remotely similar to anything I owned. Then I found the San Miguel and gave up caring!:rotfl:
I'm the only female in my family, so I couldn't even clothes share :rotfl2:

"I know I'll be tying something onto my suitcases that no one else would have so my cases are easily distinguishable. Something like a bright green feather boa lol. "

I had done that and my home and holiday addresses were inside my case!

I now own a bright lilac suitcase and if I had my way it would flash too!:lmao:

I was hoping to use them next year. We always use flyglobespan but no sign of their flight schedule beyond Oct. Anyone heard anything on this?

Flying from Belfast is a big disadvantage isn't it?

I was hoping to use them next year. We always use flyglobespan but no sign of their flight schedule beyond Oct. Anyone heard anything on this?

Flying from Belfast is a big disadvantage isn't it?

Yeah its the proverbial pain in the rear, we talked to Thomas Cook and they told us they aren`t sure they are going to have any flights to Orlando next year after July, they said it wasn`t busy enough.

hi :) i flew with thomas cook end of june and had no problems at all. we stayed overnight in gatwick hilton then flew out the next morning to sanford we had no problems at all. on our outbound flight our plane was changed to a 767 but we had been informed a fortnight earlier so we knew what to expect. no delays either way. cabin crew were ok. food i cant comment as we didnt have meals(m & s way better and cheaper). would i fly with them again..... yes no problem..... now my brother flew out from aldergrove a week after us and had an 6hr delay out and on return had another 8hr delay. would he fly with them again ........ no way! try not to worry as like any carrier there can be delays just go with the flow and enjoy your holiday:thumbsup2

we flew with thomas cook last year from glasgow, and plan on booking agian for next year

it was our fist time so have nothing to compare with, but it was fine. no one had booked kids meals for our youngest so if you need them make sure they are booked in advance,

but apart from that it was ok, all seats had tvs entertainment was ok, we diddnt bother with it much tbh it food i found to be ok, the mars ice cream had to be the best lol

flights were bang on time and even managed to land on the way home an hour earlier.

the plane on the way back had the toilets down stairs so i did enjoy the wanter down purly to streach the legs lol. so yes i recomend them, i did hear last weekend there was a 22 hour delay but no matter the airline these things happen, id rather sit for 22 hours while they check out a possible fault that find out about it because were crashing over the atlantic lol

Interested in this thread. Will be flying from Belfast too - heading to WDW for first family trip in August 2010. Planning well in advance!

I will probably go with VA from Gatwick, but agree that I hate the thought of the sitting about in Gatwick waiting for FlyBE connection home afterwards. When speaking to someone in Virgin Holidays I was wondering if it was possible to get the VA flight home that arrived in Gatwick at 7am and have the FlyBE connecting flight that leaves Gatwick for Belfast at 9am. They said no. What does anyone else think? Too tight a connection time? If it worked out, would be far better than waiting til lunchtime for the next Belfast flight.

Tim

If you don't mind me asking, about how much did your flights come to? We usually use flyglobespan who have been good and are direct. Unfortnately they have not yet released their flights!! The suspense is killing me.

I hate tight transfers! Not the right person to comment, sorry!

Hard to say what the flights come to as am booking a Virgin Holidays package so don't know what the VA flights cost. Belfast to Gatwick was coming in at £89 return. Seems a bit steep given that it's booking a year ahead. The Pro side of booking it via Virgin Holidays is that you get the full Virgin luggage allowance for the connecting flight which you wouldn't get if you booked the connecting flight yourself.

Tim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter