Anyone flown Air Pacific, plus another question.

aussiegirls

DIS Veteran
Afternoon all,

I was just wondering if anyone has flown Air Pacific into LAX before? Their prices are not too bad and I was just curious as to how flying with them is?

Secondly, and the answer to this might be subjective. What would you consider a great price for a return flight from Aus to LAX? I am looking at some prices (for December) at about $1500. I think that that's an ok price but am not sure if I should grab it just yet. So I was really just wondering, at what price would you see a return flight and just think that is such a great deal?

xxx

Yes flew with them in May 2008 while Qantas/Air New Zealand was $2500 + to fly with Air Pacific was $1999, Personally this is my opinion I would never ever fly with them again the flight was the worst we have ever come across glad our travel agent was able to fly us home with Qantas. Firstly the flight from Brisbane to Nadi was great get into Nadi Airport through Customs and they were yelling at everyone to hurry up there was a strong police and army presence all with guns, it was very frightening, when it was time to board it was a free for all to get on with staff yelling at people you are in the wrong line our flight to LAX was very bumpy and was the worst turbulence we have ever had it felted like the whole plane was going to fall apart sorry to paint a horrible picture but V Australia on our trip last week was the best we have ever had. V Australia we paid $1244 return,

The best Syd-LAX fare we ever got was back fill fares of $999 during the Sydney Olympics. So that was 2000.

I think anywhere from 1200-1500 is good these days. We generally look at fares that get you to east coast though so I don't take a lot of notice of just LAX fares.

Best airfare ever (which I doubt will ever be repeated) was our $1800 round the world with 5 stopovers last year :thumbsup2

I'd wait and see. The best Qantas deals on flights I've seen was last year this time when they offered $980 MLB/NY return. I bought tickets 6 weeks in advance for an unexpected July 09 trip MLB/SFO for about $1100. But those rates were last year in the midst of GFC.

V Australia have return fares to LAX at about $1100 at the moment.

Aussiegirls - if you are located in MLB and you pick this up before this Valentine weekend, Flight Centre are holding a travel expo at Jeff's Shed. There are usually cheaper fares available at the expo. You don't necessarily have to pop down to the shed - just to the nearest FC. Apparently, they can ring through to the agents at the shed and place a booking for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter