Anyone file their taxes yet?

now when I check the website it says they don't have information regarding my return. Nice!

I am hoping that they are just updating their mistake.

now when I check the website it says they don't have information regarding my return. Nice!

I am hoping that they are just updating their mistake.

Did you input a number wrong?

I checked again and mine still says Your tax refund was direct deposited on January 23, 2009. If your refund is not credited to your account by January 28, 2009, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until January 28, 2009 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

Ugh...I soooo wish we could file already!!! We're still waiting on all the documents we need..his w-2's, my w-2's and mortgage interest statement.. I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll be able to get them done..
One thing I'm still debating...should I spend another $260 to have H&R Block do them, or do I just go with Turbo Tax....I'm leaning towards doing it myself.. I can look at last year's return as a guide...

We need every penny of our refund...it's paying for our May trip!
Can't wait!

I'm with you on this one!!! Our money is going for our trip as well. This will be our first year filing as married, so this should be interesting. I do my taxes on H&R Block online and do it myself. I think last year they only charged around $50-$75 to do it.

I was thinking about doing it seperately this year, but if I do, I can't get the EIC for my son.:crowded: So, DH and I said that we would do it separate and then together to see which way we would get back more.

Hopefully, there will be no surprises!! Especially now that I'm seeing people not getting their refunds until a week later or something after they're supposed to!!!:sad:

IRS has changed there main screen

Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on January 30, 2009. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 4, 2009, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 4, 2009 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

My bank deposits things right away as well. I called my bank and they have no record of any DD for today, nor do they show anything pending for tomorrow.
My bank also deposits right away. I can make any kind of deposit at any time of day, even if I don't have funds to cover, and my deposit is always available. Last year my bank told me that they do not get IRS refunds any day except Friday. They do not have then on Thursday pending. The refund will show up pending at 7am and when the system updates for morning ACH transcations usually at 9am.

Did you input a number wrong?

I checked again and mine still says Your tax refund was direct deposited on January 23, 2009. If your refund is not credited to your account by January 28, 2009, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until January 28, 2009 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

I have tried it several times and still saying that it can't find my info. When I call the 800 it still gives me the incorrect info, so at least I know that they have it.

Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on January 30, 2009. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 4, 2009, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 4, 2009 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

Your lucky that yours was changes. I am hoping to see a change.

As I remember from last year if your return was submitted AND accepted by Thursday your refund would be directly deposited a week from Friday (8 days later) So for all of us that first round or accepted returns...the cut off date for the first round would be January 22 so a deposit on the 30th would be the first round of deposits.

I have tried it several times and still saying that it can't find my info. When I call the 800 it still gives me the incorrect info, so at least I know that they have it.

Your lucky that yours was changes. I am hoping to see a change.
If you made an error then you will have to wait and see. If you owed money to an agency that can take money out of your tax refund you should get a letter. A few years ago we owed about 50.00 for state taxes (from the previous year) and we got the same info and then they sent us a Federal Offset Letter.

This is now what mine says! :crazy2: This am it said it deposited the 23! I was freaking till I got to the DIS and I saw their was a whole group of us! :rolleyes2

This is now what mine says! :crazy2: This am it said it deposited the 23! I was freaking till I got to the DIS and I saw their was a whole group of us! :rolleyes2

Mine was just updated as well.
It says that it is scheduled for dd on Friday 1/30.

Thank goodness.

Now I just have to wait until Friday. lol

Mine was just updated as well.
It says that it is scheduled for dd on Friday 1/30.

Thank goodness.

Now I just have to wait until Friday. lol

Good lord this tax year is going to be the death of me.We applied for a RAL and didn't get approved so now they are handling our refund. The IRS says we will get a deposit on the 30th

There site is saying the IRS didn't send the money so now it will be another week.

This morning mine is fixed back to stating 1/30. One more day of waiting- I want to buy a new TV and then pay off any outstanding bills I have. Just typical monthly bills, but it will let me put more away if I'm even further ahead on them.

This morning mine is fixed back to stating 1/30. One more day of waiting- I want to buy a new TV and then pay off any outstanding bills I have. Just typical monthly bills, but it will let me put more away if I'm even further ahead on them.

Yep, back to 1/30 here as well. Bummer. We are buying a new TV too, lol!

Weird...

I received my state refund today. Not federal but state. That's never happened before. Not complaining though! It helps!

we jut filed last night with our tax lady.

Enough of a refund to pay for Disney AND pay down out debt! Woohoo!

OUr federal will be direct deposited Feb 6 and the state sometime soon after.

Maybe they were waiting to see the outcome of Superbowl, maybe the IRS is using our $ to cash in. Hmmm now I am concerned what team ahh no way I know of course it would be the STEALERS oppps I think Steelers!

I checked my account today- I did not have a deposit. This is starting off to be a really weird refund season. Mine is supposed to be tomorrow- so I'm kind of on pins and needles waiting.

Is there a site that lets you know what date to expect your refund once you file?

google "wheres my refund" and it will give you a link to the IRS's website. There is also a refund schedule on this board somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter