Anyone feel unsecured on Rip Ride Rocket

All of the ride vehicles are being redone to reduce the pain.

I think the ride is great fun, but the pain is greater than the fun!

Rumour has it that one of the newer, heavier vehicles was attached to one of older, lighter vehicles. When the train had to stop quickly, there was some issue with the heavier car not stopping as quickly as the front, lighter car, so the stopping impact was greater in the back vehicle. Couldn't have been a severe safety issue or the ride would not have been up and running the next day.

I bruised my tailbone pretty badly this past weekend (don't mix antihistamines and absinthe and then try to walk Bourbon Street...lmao) and lying flat on my back on the floor hurts. Our visit is in 11 days, and I'm worried about the upwards trip on this coaster doing me in. Should I skip it? I imagine I'll feel better by then, but I've fractured my tailbone 4 times in the past, so it tends to keep hurting for a while when I take a tumble... I don't want to miss out on anything, but I also don't want to be in severe pain our whole trip.

It's a fun ride but can handle only about 4-5 times in a row.

I bruised my tailbone pretty badly this past weekend (don't mix antihistamines and absinthe and then try to walk Bourbon Street...lmao) and lying flat on my back on the floor hurts. Our visit is in 11 days, and I'm worried about the upwards trip on this coaster doing me in. Should I skip it? I imagine I'll feel better by then, but I've fractured my tailbone 4 times in the past, so it tends to keep hurting for a while when I take a tumble... I don't want to miss out on anything, but I also don't want to be in severe pain our whole trip.

Well, it may sound silly, but while you're lying flat on the floor, try raising your legs up and bending them so you're mimicking a sitting position. That's how you ride up on the coaster, and that change in leg position may or may not impact how the pressure feels on your tailbone!

Honestly, if I had to skip a ride, Rockit would be the one I'd choose. We go on it once per trip just to do it, but it jars my brain so badly that I don't care to do it more than once! (Hopefully that will be better when they get all of the new cars installed...?) Anyway, if you think it's going to be painful and consequently make it difficult to get around the parks for the rest of your trip, I'd skip it. JMO!

Well, it may sound silly, but while you're lying flat on the floor, try raising your legs up and bending them so you're mimicking a sitting position. That's how you ride up on the coaster, and that change in leg position may or may not impact how the pressure feels on your tailbone!

I was thinking the same thing. :)

And rowan, take it easy on yourself! No more breaking your tailbone, OK? :hug:

I was thinking the same thing. :)

And rowan, take it easy on yourself! No more breaking your tailbone, OK? :hug:

Haha, thanks! It's been a long and painful history b/t me and my tailbone...broke it the first time when I was 14, falling down an entire iron staircase in the rain (seriously, it was like something out of a cartoon....boom...boom...boom...all the way down, on my backside) and culminating 14 years ago when my son was born. Trust me, his sister NEVER lets him forget that he "broke my tailbone with his big head." Falling on my butt in the street last weekend was nothing compared to that, but it still hurts, and I'm really irritated about that!

I'm not going to skip any rides...but I may save Rockit for day 2 or 3...no hurry, right? :-)

Love the ride,,Always felt secure...My son and me were down in July.Must have rode it at least a dozen times...BUT...the ride must have halted at least three times one day.The cars of people were safe but in the sun for awhile.

Pretty intense ride, even for a Coaster junkie, but it is still a blast to me. Not sure how many more trips this ancient body can handle though! :laughing:

I did feel like i was slipping out of the seat during the climb. I thought it was just me but my friend said she had the same feeling. I'm pretty sure it just felt that way and i wasn't really going to slip out but then again someone did recently get throw or fall out of there seat at a coaster in another park and died so it's not an impossibility. This was the only time in all my years of riding coasters in all sorts of parks i actually didn't feel safe on a coaster.

Gotta love the hysterics who post inaccurate info. Closed indefinitely. Please.

It was perfectly accurate at the time it was posted. Indefinitely might sound dramatic to you, but in ride closure terms t is absolute truth. They never know exactly when the ride will come back.

And since it was posted on page two that the ride was open the next day, there is a lot of perfectly accurate info in the thread, especially if you take the context of when they were posted into consideration.

Okay you're right. Apologies. I've just seen lots if inaccurate info posted on various boards lately. Bit you are right on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter