Anyone familiar with the Vero Beach/Sebastian area?

lovetotravel1974

Mouseketeer
Just wondered if anyone is familiar,lived in, or has relatives living in the Vero Beach/Sebastian Fl area. We are considering relocating there in the future. Would like to hear your opinions pro/con.......

Thanks..........

:bounce:

We've got cousins who live in Sebastian. They love it.

It's a nice quiet area. As with all places there are a couple of run down areas ( out of town and on the "mainland") but the area by Sebastian / Vero is not one of them.

You'll probably get more information on the DVC boards as Disney has a timeshare outlet there. Many of the DVCers are regular visitors to Vero. I've been to Disney's Vero beach resort at least a dozen times, I can tell you there are a number of nice restaurants and golf courses in the area and that the beach is pretty good, but not much else to help a potential resident

We have a condo in Vero Beach on the mainland and DH's aunt has lived in the neighboring complex there since 1978. We like the community and will live there full-time when going back and forth to NH gets to be too much. There are numerous parks and functions available free of charge; there is always something to do.

There is a lot of development going on there right now; developers from further south are moving into the area. The infrastructure is lagging behind development at the moment. For example, there are several hundred homes being built along Oslo Rd. in southern Vero. Oslo Rd. is only two lanes with significant traffic already. It passes over Route 95 and an interchange is planned within 5 years.

There are also numerous developments to the north of town toward Sebastian. They are attractive and closer to the mall, Dodgertown, Home Depot, and such. However, they are further from the two bridges to the barrier island and beach access.

One other thing: Vero has an ordinance prohibitting buildings of more than 5 stories. There are two buildings on the island that went in before the ordinance, but there will be no more. It will never look like Miami Beach.

All in all, we would recommend the community.

We'll see you guys there in a few years. :D

We're still waiting to here if we can transfer to that area.

We looked at Sebastian last time we were down there. There are a lot of new developments in the area. I think we went through a model home by Mercedes Homes.

Also, the elementary schools in Sebastian did really well and I believe they are "A" schools, which is a big draw for us.

We don't know anyone in that area but it all looks really nice.

We like the slow pace feel of Sebastian. There is a nice Publix there, good schools and a new aquatic center nearby (and a good cable company, too;) ).

I'm sure you already know about www.tcpalm.com I read the website daily. It covers most of the area down there.

Whoever moves there first has to have the others over for a BBQ.::yes::

Originally posted by LindaG4458
We have a condo in Vero Beach on the mainland and DH's aunt has lived in the neighboring complex there since 1978. We like the community and will live there full-time when going back and forth to NH gets to be too much. There are numerous parks and functions available free of charge; there is always something to do.

There is a lot of development going on there right now; developers from further south are moving into the area. The infrastructure is lagging behind development at the moment. For example, there are several hundred homes being built along Oslo Rd. in southern Vero. Oslo Rd. is only two lanes with significant traffic already. It passes over Route 95 and an interchange is planned within 5 years.

All in all, we would recommend the community.

Linda
Thanks for the expert opinion on VB. We are DVC members and have been going down to VB for the last 5 years. It will just be the 2 of us so we don't have to worry about schools,jobs(retired),etc......

We are very close to buying an Engle Home in the Citrus Springs Phase II or III near Oslo Rd in southern VB. My sister lives in West Palm Beach so we would only be around 80 miles from her.
We are taking another trip down to VB in 4 weeks to finalize everything. Our new home in VB won't be ready to move in until late 2006. Here is a picture of it below............

floridafam
Thats a deal for the BBQ......;)

Buttonwood
3 Bedroom, 2.0 Baths, 1527 Sq. Ft.

08_511_0440_full_elev2.gif

08_511_0440.gif

Lovetotravel1974

I know exactly where you will be - we're practically neighbors! We are in Grand Royale, off Route 1 north of Oslo Rd. It's the new construction right at the entrance to Vista Royale. It's a good location; from our garage to the beach is 7 minutes flat.

The model you selected is very attractive. I like the floor plan, too. We look at all the new developments and model homes and it seems that many of them are selling that far into the future, too. You are wise to lock in your price now. We put a deposit on our place a little over two years ago, and moved in 1.5 years ago. A resale of a similar unit last April was for 50% more!

I'm sure you will like the area. It will be especially convenient to get to your sister when the interchange is completed.

floridafam, let me know what you need for the BBQ.

Why does Oslo road sound so familiar?

I think we looked at a development around there, also.

We are picky about schools so our choices follow that. Beachland Elementary on the island looked nice but the home prices on the island part of Vero Beach are high.

I know why Oslo Road sounds familiar, we had to take that road to get to the mini golf place.:crazy:

Has anyone heard of Mercedes Homes?

Could you all send some good vibes our way. DH is waiting for the call from VB.:D

floridafam,

Mercedes Homes has multiple developments in the area. Some are sold out, others have some units still available, still others are in the planning stages. We looked at some before we bought our new condo. They seem well planned and contructed; they are not fly-by-night builders. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them if they had what we wanted.

Somewhere I have some real estate books and maps from our spring trip. If I find them I'll let you know.

Thanks. On our last trip we picked up a bunch of real estate bookes, toured some apartment complexes (where we would have to live before we find a house) and toured some model homes.

We were shocked at the lack of apartments in Vero Beach. We went to about 8 places and they were all income restricted.:confused:

We are probably going to try and rent in Sebastian while we look for a house so we wouldn't have to move the kids to 2 new schools in a short time.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread.

:sunny:

Originally posted by LindaG4458
Lovetotravel1974

I know exactly where you will be - we're practically neighbors! We are in Grand Royale, off Route 1 north of Oslo Rd. It's the new construction right at the entrance to Vista Royale. It's a good location; from our garage to the beach is 7 minutes flat.

Sent you a PM Linda.;)

But let us not forget the REAL reason for being there.

The BEST waves in Florida & maybe on the entire East Coast of the USA are located just north of the Jetties at Sebastian Inlet State Park. Surfs Up!!!!!!!

And the fishing off of the jetties is pretty good, too.

floridafam

Most of the single home developments are not age restricted. Our current condo has no restrictions but that may change in the future. (One family renting with a teenage son were asked to leave due to loud music after several warnings.) The adjacent two are >55 only.

If you need to rent you might try some of the non-restricted condos. Many people have purchased them as an investment and rent them either on a seasonal or annual basis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter