Anyone familiar with Spring Lake, NJ ?

swanmom

<font color=purple>Victoria and Alberts - Hands Do
We are thinking of grabbing a weekend and going to Spring Lake, NJ. I have looked at the Ocean House Inn and the Normandy House Inn. Is anyone familiar with these inns or have other recommendations? I know it is a long-shot but my fellow DISers have come through in the past!

Thanks so much!

It's a beautiful town with a nice beach, but will be crowded on the summer weekends. We used to ride around just looking at all the big houses! I would say go for it, but be prepared for crowds.

Spring Lake is really nice. We typically stay with friends. The Ocean house is New and it looked very very nice and is close to the beach. The Normady inn did not look so great and very pricey not close to the beach near the train tracks.

we've never stayed overnight, but we have been to Spring Lake for day trips. It is beautiful there!! The town is lovely, and the houses....WOW! It is a nice, clean beach, with bathhouses. Try to park yourself close to one of the two pavilions for bathrooms, food, and shade.

A friend of mine has stayed at The Breakers several times, and she says it is very nice...

I've heard that Ocean House is really nice.

Every time we go to Spring Lake - money just seems to fly out of my wallet :rotfl2:, mainly because I like a couple of the stores there and places to eat.

DH and I have done several mid week stays at the Ocean House during the summer, it is nice. Very B&Bish (but the breakfast is alot to be desired, some pastries and coffee), rooms are small and walls are thin. Owners are very nice and it is a short walk (1 block) to the beach, however the Ocean House does not guarantee parking at the Inn so if you are not in early, you will have to park offsite on the street. It has a beautiful front porch, we have spent many early evenings sitting, chatting and relaxing drinking wine. You are close enough to walk into "town", we ate at a great restaurant last year..the name is escaping me. The ocean house does not provide beach badges either so you will have to pay to get on the beach. I LOVE spring lake, its quiet, relaxing a great adult get away. We have been down there with the kids for day trips and they think it is extremely boring, I love it - it is my dream location for a shore house!

Our beach house is in Spring Lake. We absolutely love it. It's a nice, quiet town with great shopping and restaurants. It's not a typical Jersey Shore town as it tends to be more upper class and doesn't exactly scream "college party." As for hotels, we love the Breakers. It's where we stayed before buying our house. I don't know about other hotels but they give you free beach tags which can be a real money saver. (Daily tags are $8 per person) It's right across the street from the beach and has a nice porch you can sit out on and a very nice restaurant. The pool is a little small but I can't imagine that being an issue when the beach is right there!

We hit Spring Lake often but I only stayed over once and cannot remember the name of the inn, but they are all very nice. Lovely older homes with large wrap around porches. Be prepared for no night life unless you head to one of the neighboring "party" beach towns. To me though, that's the best part. And the beach is lovely and clean.

If the pizza place is still there in town, their pizza is quite yummy. Oh, and get some choc strawberries at the candy shop too.

Guess I'm a little hungry tonight.

In my post above, I said there were bath houses. I need to clarify because I don't want to be misleading. No showers or changing rooms here...only restrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter