Anyone familiar with Sheraton's Vistana Resort

GAM

Earning My Ears
Last year we stayed at Vistana Resort and really loved the section we were in. The problem is we cannot remember what section it was. We wanted to reserve a room in the same section this year but we cannot find the room number or section name. Does anyone have a map of the resort so that we can look at it and figure out what section we want to request? Or if someone is familiar with the resort maybe you can figure it out. We were across the parking lot from a basketball court. You had to walk around the court to get to the pool and by the pool was the bar and grill. There were game rooms I believe on both sides of the pool. I'm thinking it may have been the Cascades or Fountains we were in (it was a two bedroom unit) but I'm not sure. Any guesses?

Hi Gam,
A little tough. Cascades and Fountains both have basketball courts near a pool. Both also have places to eat near the pool. The Cascades has the Cascades Bar and Grill and the Fountains has the Flamingo Cafe restaurant and poolside bar.
Can you tell me if your building had an elevator----if so, then you were in the Cascades section. If not, the Fountains.

Good luck.

Thanks for the information. There was an elevator although we usually used the stairs since we were only on the second floor. I thought it was the Cascades but I wanted to be sure. Originally we were in adifferent building but the wifi was not working properly there (it was way in the back of the complex) and my DH and myself both needed to check work emails so we asked to be moved to a unit with better wifi reception and they moved us to a building by the basketball court.

We are planning on coming in few weeks to Vistana. Can anyone tell me which pool has the water slide, and which section is it closest to. I am thinking to request the Cascades section, is that my best choice, what should be my second choice.
Thanks,

Dayna

My family stayed at the Cascades last year. It is the most updated section in there. There are many pools around. The Cascades has a beautiful waterfall and is very kid friendly. All of the pools are in walking distance and the pool with the slide is a relatively small pool approximately 4-5 min walk from our room in the Cascades. There are various activities going on in the different pools, so I encourage everyone staying there to walk around and explore. My family actually enjoyed another pool (I forget which section) but it had a volleyball net in the pool and we had a blast playing. All of the balls (Basketball, Volleyball, etc.) can be rented from the Activities center for no charge. You just have to leave you room key with them. Have a blast there!

Ariel says : My family stayed at the Cascades last year. It is the most updated section in there.

Actually, chronologically, the Cascades is the newest (latest built). But if you use the term "updated", that would be the Lakes. They just underwent a multi million dollar rehab. Here are some links with photos of the various stages of rehab (The Lakes are the next newest under the Cascades---but now have the newest furnishings). I can't find any photos of the new Lakes because the owner's site removed them and replaced them with video/slideshows which I cannot download. But these threads show pics of the other sections and they are all very similar in design. The Lakes got new flat screen TV's as well. The Lakes section is complete (or almost). The Fountains should be done by the end of the summer followed by the other sections. The Falls won't be done until next year. :

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1711051

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1603371

Can anyone tell me which pool has the water slide, and which section is it closest to. I am thinking to request the Cascades section, is that my best choice, what should be my second choice.
Hi Dayna,
The Falls section is closest to the pool with the slide. It is an oder section (second oldest actually), but is slated for a major rehab to be complete by next year. You can see the future of the Falls in the photos in the above links I provided.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter