Anyone familiar with Galveston, TX?

last year kappa wk-end was april 18-20. im not sure when it is this year,so sorry!!! it has almost been the 3rd wk-end of the month for the last few years. kappa brings in 10,000 college kids and some great rappers,but also a big mess of bumper to bumper cars on the seawall and they charge you $20.00 to drive on the seawall,but this is only on kappa wk-end!!

When were in Galveston just over a year ago, in May, also for one night before a cruise. We stayed at the Holiday Inn facing the water. We were able to leave the car there for free and took a taxi to the cruise. Great continental breakfast.

The night before we enjoyed a wonderful dinner but I don't remember the exact name, Fish Bonz maybe, also facing the water. Maybe someone from that area can give you a more exact name.

We are booked at the Tremont House for the day before the cruise. We booked that directly through Royal Caribbean. We also have transportation vouchers through them to get to the ship.

I googled "kappa weekend galveston" and there is a website that lists all the events they put on and during which month. Right now, they just have it listed as April 2009 with no set date but I imagine that the closer it gets to 2009 they will post it.

Yankeechick,

I hope yall are getting out of harms way. Looks like Ike may be heading straight for you. My family and friends that are in that area are evacuating tonight and tomorrow morning. Gustav just beat the snot out of us so I know some of what you must be going through right now. Stay safe and I hope you and yours are all ok. We have all of you in our thoughts and prayers.:hug:

Yankeechick,

I hope yall are getting out of harms way. Looks like Ike may be heading straight for you. My family and friends that are in that area are evacuating tonight and tomorrow morning. Gustav just beat the snot out of us so I know some of what you must be going through right now. Stay safe and I hope you and yours are all ok. We have all of you in our thoughts and prayers.:hug:

we are leaving at 4:00 in the morning. thanks for putting us in your prayers. im really getting scared. my 3yo ddprincess: doesn't understand why she can't bring her barbie kitchen in the car w/ us:rotfl: well i hope when we return i have a home:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter