Anyone familiar with Baclofen?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
It's a muscle relaxant, and I'm especially interested on how it compares to Flexeril. When I took Flexeril, I felt like a cooked piece of spaghetti-I not only couldn't get out of bed, I couldn't even lift my head. The doctor and I are hoping that this medication won't make me THAT relaxed! Any experiences?

My daughter takes it. She was also on flexeril and that knocked her out! She said the first few times she took baclofen she felt a little drowsy and compared it to the drowsiness you feel taking an allergy pill. Now that she uses it on a semi regular basis she doesn't feel any drowsiness. It is a very mild muscle relaxer but provides her with great relief.

I'm on a low dose (30 mg, 3 times a day) for my clonus in my feet due to MS. It did make me slightly drowsy the first week but after that I have no side effects from it at all. I have never tried flexeril but I am very satisfied with baclofen.

I take a small dose of Baclofen per day. I've had two cervical spine surgeries, and still have muscle spasms. It helps a bit, but I'm on a small dose so I wouldn't expect it to provide a huge amount of pain relief.

Also, if you take Baclofen for an extended period of time, you would need to taper off of it, not just stop taking it cold turkey. I would guess that certain other muscle relaxers should be tapered, as well.

I was diagnosed with Transverse Myletis in 2011 and have been taking Baclofen ever since
I take 15mg 3x a day and it really helps. The side effects I've experienced are drowsiness and muscle weakness

I hope this helps

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter