Anyone excited about the DVC resort at Polynesian?

We might seriously consider doing an add on here, love this resort and I think it will fit in well.
The GF was always our special resort but it's lost some of it's charm for us now since DVC has been built.

We might seriously consider doing an add on here, love this resort and I think it will fit in well.
The GF was always our special resort but it's lost some of it's charm for us now since DVC has been built.

Wait you're a DVC member and are unhappy that DVC has moved into the GF neighborhood? Isn't that contradictory? lol.

I cannot wait for more details this resort to surface once construction gets underway.

I think we all are going to be pretty excited about this. The value of my membership keeps going up. I just checked the going rates for resale, and found that if I sold all my contracts at average recently sold prices, (after 10 plus years of ownership) I could make money on my initial investment. (not that I would sell). I hope Disney keeps on building DVC at WDW. Also hope they stop building at other locations such as Aulani. I think these locations will just make it more difficult to book the 7 month window at the higher desired resorts. Continued building on the monorail loop will have the opposite effect, and I can't wait for the new wild west resort (rumor) near old river country. The more they build desirable locations, the more value we get from our contracts.

Wait you're a DVC member and are unhappy that DVC has moved into the GF neighborhood? Isn't that contradictory? lol.

We've been dvc members for around 11 years and love dvc but the GF has always been special for us (we got married there and been twice for our anniversary) but its lost that charm, its a hotel thats always been that place you go past on the monorail and everyone wants to stay there. I think now its going to be over run with people, packed pools, resturant, monorail will be crazy.
Having said that, will we give it a try? Sure :confused3

We've been dvc members for around 11 years and love dvc but the GF has always been special for us (we got married there and been twice for our anniversary) but its lost that charm, its a hotel thats always been that place you go past on the monorail and everyone wants to stay there. I think now its going to be over run with people, packed pools, resturant, monorail will be crazy.
Having said that, will we give it a try? Sure :confused3

yeah I get it-- kind of losing it's mystique ?

We are definitely excited about the Poly and are considering buying direct for those points. I can't wait to see how the Bungalow idea pans out.

Being a member going on year 15 im excited about DVC. I would love to add-on when the Poly starts selling but today's point cost is out of my budget.The first 15 was magical and I hope for another 15 years.

I bought in 1997 at BWV because there was no DVC at either of my favorite resorts: BCV or Poly. Now they will have DVCs at both places, so I am excited too. I am getting a little old to be buying more points, and Social Security doesn't usually allow for DVC in their monthly checks, but I still am looking forward to it! Maybe just 50 pts?

Yes....even more pressure off of BLT. I'm still waiting for my favorite resort, Yacht Club.

We are already talking about buying a add on when available, any guesses what it will cost for the minimum add on?

part of me really wants the Polyn - the other part that watches the budget says no way.

guess it depends upon the cost when it opens.

sold OKW for BLT - guess could sell VWL for the Polyn - but probably not.

Nope. No interest in Poly. Tried it once and not impressed. That being said I am extremely happy at the high interest in Poly DVC because it opens up more room for the resorts I love. ;)

Only excited that it provides another resort option, but not at all excited about what the cost per point or the number of points per stay will be.

Always wanted to stay at the Poly and do the bfast with the Characters every time we are down there. Excited to stay there yes, ESPECIALLY if they do the overwater bungaloes but I bought OKW waaaaay back when and the point cost now is insane!

We love the Poly and are very excited! I hope when all the dust settles, it turns out well. It's amazing how often the details change.

I'm excited to see what it will be like. We will be staying at VGF in Feb. to give it a try and will definitely try to stay at Poly when available. No plans to buy at either though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter