• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever use the SoCal City Pass?

Crazy4Disney06

DIS Veteran
We have a trip booked for WDW in October, however I've been thinking of just driving to DL instead (we live in Oregon) to save money. I have never done any of the other attractions in SoCal and wondering if the City Pass is worth the money?
We can get the passes through our local Costco and save even more money.....any thoughts?

For those of you who don't know what the SoCal City pass is....

Admission to the following six attractions:

3-day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket* valid for admission to both Disneyland® Park and Disney’s California Adventure Park

1-day admission ticket to SeaWorld Adventure Park San Diego

1-day admission ticket to the San Diego Zoo® or San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park

1-day admission ticket to Universal Studios Hollywood

$227 per Adult and $192 per Child.

We used the Costco SoCal CityPass in April and thought it was well worth the money (if you go to all the attractions).

If you can't decide between the San Diego Wild Animal Park and the Zoo, I suggest the Wild Animal Park. I haven't been to the zoo in quite a few years but once was enough so we tried the Wild Animal Park in April and did not have enough time to fully enjoy it. Next time we're in the area, we plan to take more time for a visit to the Wild Animal Park.

I will say that the CityPass does end up making you have to be in a park almost every day for a week. If you want a more relaxing vacation, I suggest you just visit Disneyland and get a five-day park hopper ticket.

I have used it and I think it is a great deal. We had fun using ours and enjoyed all of the parks.

Yup. Love it! You may want to check on buying it through Universal if you want an extra day there. Occasionally if you buy it from Universal, you will get 2 days instead of one there. You would be giving up the Costco discount, but if you really want extra time at Universal, it may be worth it.

We've used it twice. Each time we did the Zoo, which I absolutely LOVE, but the first time we also paid separately to visit the San Diego Wild Animal Park and did the photographic tour - can't remember the proper name, but we got to go inside a couple of enclosures and get close up pics as well as feed the giraffes and rhinos. That was all we had time for that visit, so want to go back again to see more of that park. We loved Sea World both times and when we went to Universal Studios we did the VIP tour the first time and just the normal visit/tour the second.

I would recommend getting the pass. I think you have 14 days from the first day's use to get all visits used up. We found that to be plenty of time to fit everything in.

We used the SoCal City Pass on our 2006 trip. We got ours through the Universal Studios website as a PP mentioned & got the 2nd day there for free. That was nice. :thumbsup2 All in all we found it to be a great deal but it sure kept us hopping! lol I would make sure to have a day or two of down time rather than going, going. going like we did on that trip. Still had a blast but it was tiring.:upsidedow

If those parks are what you want to do, then it's a good deal! If you want to look beyond those parks, it's good to know what the places cost and find any discounts you can, to make sure you're getting the bang for your buck for the things you want to do.

I keep looking at the Go! Card for San Diego, since there are different options (more) than the citypass.

Also, if you want more than one day at SeaWorld (I like SW and we can easily spend two days there, though usually not right in a row, while we're visiting SD) you can find "buy one get 2 days" deals at seaworld's website.

So first figure out what you want to do and see, then find the way to get the best deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter