• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever try Synvisc for Osteoarthritis? *UPDATE*

Steve Hurley

<font color=deeppink>A Fan of the TAG FAIRY<font c
I'm going to start the treatments next week (3 injections over 3 weeks) in my left knee. My doctor and everything I've read say this is going to relieve the pain in my knee like nothing before. It's been so long since my knee hasn't bothered me that I can't wait. Wlaking instead of limping...what a novel concept. :)

I have had my three injections and my knee has not felt this good in 10 years. I am basically pain free (minor twinge now and then. If you are considering Synvisc the go for it. The shots DO NOT hurt and the relief is incredible.

Not familiar with it but I'll be MOST INTERESTED in how this works for you. Please give an update. DH sees a rheumatologist for knee problems and has an upcoming appointment. Maybe he'll want to request this. :teeth: Got fingers crossed for you!

I did it and it helped a bit but at the time I still had floaters (aka torn tissue) in the knee. When a floater hit a bone, I still winced with the pain.

Two scopes later (one on each knee), I still had a lot of pain so I went to a rheumatologist. I'm on three different drugs but walk normally for the most part now.

Good luck! Those shots hurt like H***

Cyn

One thing I love about these boards is the new things you learn! DM has osteoporosis, finds exc..er, I mean reasons not to take anything. Her arthritis Doc yells at her. She lives in Massachusetts, too, so maybe it's heard of there, but not some other places (I've always said MA has some of the best health care-one reason I hated leaving). I'll have to mention it to her. Steve Hurley, I really thank you for mentioning this, even though I'm sure Mom won't!

Figment2 said:
I did it and it helped a bit but at the time I still had floaters (aka torn tissue) in the knee. When a floater hit a bone, I still winced with the pain.

Two scopes later (one on each knee), I still had a lot of pain so I went to a rheumatologist. I'm on three different drugs but walk normally for the most part now.

Good luck! Those shots hurt like H***

Cyn

Thanks Cyn...needed to hear the pain part!!! Can't be worse than getting it drained. It's my left kne and all the floaters (along with the cartiledge) are gone. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for this to work as I'm only 50 and would like to put off the replacement as long as possible. :)

Immediate relief after 1st injection. Unfortunatly I fell before the 3rd injection and it did not take. I had to have surgery to repair the mess I made falling again! :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter