• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Ever Stayed in MK 8AM - 12Midnight ??

Disney Wanderer

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if Anyone Has Tried to Stay ALL day and Night With out Taking a Break . Disneys Version Of an Ironman challenge LOL
Howd you Do it??

I was wondering if Anyone Has Tried to Stay ALL day and Night With out Taking a Break . Disneys Version Of an Ironman challenge LOL
Howd you Do it??

We have done it a few times even with small kids the last time they were 4 and 8 years old and they did great...It was actually 9 to mid but we were at the park by 8:30...It was a Tuesday and MVMCP that night...we had a great time...we were tired but it was worth it and we slept in the next day and hit the resorts and DTD that day....walk alot before your trip we took family walks of 2 plus miles a day for several months before our trip

We've been at MK from 9-12 a few times. Even when our kids were a bit younger we all did fine. Like DolphinDan says, taking walks in the months leading up to vacation helps. Having a sleep-in day the next day is imperative.

We have done it a few times even with small kids the last time they were 4 and 8 years old and they did great...It was actually 9 to mid but we were at the park by 8:30...It was a Tuesday and MVMCP that night...we had a great time...we were tired but it was worth it and we slept in the next day and hit the resorts and DTD that day....walk alot before your trip we took family walks of 2 plus miles a day for several months before our trip

Actually it is better practice to walk a block or two, stop for about 20 mins taking about 4-5 steps every 30 seconds. Actually standing in line is the harder part of the Disney experience.

BTW the neighbors might look at you strangely. :rotfl:

We did on our first day there. DD had a 8:30 appt at BBB and then we did breakfast at CRT and then stayed until about 11:30 PM. This was in Feb 2008 so the weather was gorgeous. No heat so we weren't dying all day. Thank GOD for the stroller cause she napped off an on, but all in all, we were pretty much begging HER to leave because the adults were all exhausted :)

I haven't yet had the opportunity to do it at MK, but on New Years Eve 2007 we arrived at Epcot around 7:00am (to wait in line at the entrance gate) and left just before 1am. Since the parks tend fill up and close to new entries on New Years, many people arrive up to an hour early and stay in the park all day, especially at MK.

We did when we went to Disney with my whole family and my inlaws. My DH, brother and I stayed the whole day, my inlaws and parents took my son (I only had one at the time) back to the hotel after the parade. It was a blast, but I don't know if I'd do it again.

my family and i have stayed in magic kingdom from 9am to 3 am (late EMH) several times .the thing is it goes by so fast. im sure we will do it again and again and again.

Oh the memories... I've done it in years past, but this old worn out body of mine doesn't allow it anymore! :lmao::lmao: Since my transplant and legs problems, I am now using an evc to get around. I have to say it is much easier on me! :woohoo: With the evc I can stay longer in the parks now! :woohoo::yay:

We have done it several times, and love doing it! Just remember to stop and rest some throughout the day (and night). Get a Dole Float and find a nice bench to sit on and people watch.

The only bad part to me is standing in line for the bus when the park closes and then having to stand on the bus.....;)

We have also done it with smaller kids, and did it again this past February (in HS though for a special awards ceremony for DD baton competitions that last till way past 11:00) Let me tell you, it's much easier to do all day that many hours in MK than HS. The kids enjoyed it, but we tended to keep doing things over again...especially TOT! :)

Did it last trip. Mighta stepped outside for 5 minutes though. EMH to start, then met my DF to give her her MNSSHP ticket at 4, then we stayed til Midnight.

We've planned to, but never made it! The few times we've tried, it always seemed to be more of an endurance challenge for us then any fun!!:)

The kids have always been excited to try it, but are always dragging by about 9:30 or so, so we have given up!

I'm sure we'll try again!:lmao:

Actually it is better practice to walk a block or two, stop for about 20 mins taking about 4-5 steps every 30 seconds. Actually standing in line is the harder part of the Disney experience.

BTW the neighbors might look at you strangely. :rotfl:

Too funny! I think I might convince my mom to try that on our walk tonight.

When I was 17 years old one day we were one of the first cars on the parking lot and literally the last car left when we were finished for the day. It was so much fun, but I'm not sure I could do it now, my husband is a huge wimp :rotfl:

Sure :-) Take a break mid-day at Columbia Harbor House for like 1 1/2 hours and use the Peoplemover to get through the day...or don't take any breaks at all!

Yep, did it twice on our last trip. BBB at 8:05 til MVMCP at midnight. A second day from EMH 8 AM back to MVMCP another day too.

I am the energizer bunny at Disney, but my 8 year old daughter does get weary. People think I'm crazy for renting a stroller for my 8 year old, but she naps for a bit in it during the day, then she's good to go. I don't think we could have done it without the stroller naps!

ive never even thought of trying that before! but... thanks to you guys im up for it on my sept trip!! :woohoo: thanks for the good idea! :yay:

We did it 2 years ago on July 4th because we couldn't leave it was filled to capacity and we were afraid we wouldn't get back in! Needless to say, we spent A LOT of time on the TTA!

Oh Yea. I forgot about New Years unitl 3AM :scared: Thats a Little Much For me . Im Usually About "Done" by 10 pm . But If anyone Wants to Stay Longer . Its Accually Not too Bad . theres No Sun Beatng down on you . And Most Of the Crowd Will Leave After Wishes Anyways So Its Accually A great time to Be there ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter