Anyone ever stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resorts?

Rylamouse

Earning My Ears
I have been seeing various reviews about the Sheraton Vistana Resorts. (Not the villages) I am wondering if anyone has stayed there and has any advice? We are going next week with our timeshare and wanted to know if we could request a certain area? I have heard the Cascades is newer and closer to the fountain pool. CAn you actually request a place before hand?

I am already a little disappointed in the place already as I called them live about Disney tickets. THey told me it would be no problem getting them. But I just found their website and it says that if you don't order them 72 hours in advance, they can't have them ready at a discount price. Why wouldn't they tell me that on the phone when I am right there inquiring about it? Oh well, I hope the rest of the customer service is not as lame!

Vistana Resorts is a really nice timeshare resort. Cascades is the newest of the sections, though the various sections are refurbished somewhat regularly and they do a nice job refreshing/upgrading the villas. You can use the Diamond Lane online service to make your request for which section you'd like or any other needs that you'd like to express. Diamond Lane is accessible from http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/sheraton_vistana_resort/welcome.jsp?im=shrw_web_pp_svr The link is on the right side of the page. Your request, however, may not be able to be satisfied. In my experience I've found other timeshare resort that do a better job in trying to meet guests' requests.

I wouldn't suggest using Vistana as your Disney ticket source, there are other outlets that will give you a better price. I'd suggest www.undercovertourist.com, www.ticketmania.com, www.mapleleaftickets.com, or your local AAA travel office as better options.

Dick Taylor

Hi!

We stayed in the resorts in a 2 bedroom villa in the past and are doing it again.

We did have some problems in our villa, but for the most part they were dealt with pretty quickly.

The customer service, however, was a bit lame... some were very good and others were clueless... but I think that happens just about anywhere, unfortunately.

The resort is beautiful and it is sooo close to Disney, closer to the parks than some of the Disney resorts.

When we were there in December of 05 they were going through a huge renovation of all of the rooms, ovens, mattresses, televisions, carpets, etc. etc. so everything in the villas should be pretty new and updated.

Detailor,

Thank you for listing the link to the Diamond Lane! I was looking for it and I could not find the right spot to sign in for the Diamond Lane and the CSR that I made reservations with didn't know where it was either... lol!

Take care.

To Detailer---Actually, I had found mapleleaftickets and spoke with them, they are who we are going to get tickets from. thanks for your help!!

I just couldn't believe how unhelpful they were. And I even called about the Diamond Lane check in and she (rudely) told me it was only for early check in. Looking at that link, it shows they are open until 7 and only after that you should use regular check in.

We are just now back from the Vistana--we stayed there Sept 8-15. We stayed in the Lakes, which is the 2nd newest property. Lots of the property is currently under renovation. Nobody was at the pools...was very VERY quiet. Close to the parks. We stayed at the Vistana Villages 6 years ago when they were brand new and liked it over there better, but for the price we got (an "extra vacation" via RCI) it couldn't be beat.
I unplugged the phones after the 2nd day--they called DAILY to go to the "no-obligation no-pressure sales breakfast"--at first they offered $50, then $75 by the 2nd day, then $75 plus a travel voucher....I just unplugged the phones after that because they can't take NO as an answer. Also beware, they do a mid-week cleaning and they try to show up at about 4:30 in the afternoon, just as my 4 year old was finally lying down for a much-needed nap. We told the housekeeper that we wouldn't need a mid-week cleaning this time, but I don't think she understood a word I said.
Any more ??'s just feel free to ask away.

Michele,

Did you stay with a no-housekeeping rate?

I ask as I am unsure if because we booked the no-housekeeping rate if we should bring some paper products and whatnot since someone wouldn't be in there daily re-stocking products.

Take care.

I was wondering that too. I am assuming linens are included, but what about paper products (napkins, tp, etc...) and also soap at the sinks to wash hands?
Good advice to unplug phones. I have read where some reviewers were never bothered, I don't know how that happened!

We went thru an RCI exchange, so the only housekeeping included was a mid-week cleaning. I have seen offers out there for the no-housekeeping option but that is not what we did. The room was stocked with plenty of TP, paper towels and regular towels, linens, etc. Yes, had some bar hand soap at the sinks. They provided 2 packets of dishwasher soap and 2 coffee packets in the room. They also had 2 boxes of kleenex in the bathrooms. In the trashcan in the kitchen was 2 extra bags in case you filled your can.

This is what the room DIDN'T have: dishwashing soap (the "Joy" or "Dawn" type), soap for the washer/dryer. No napkins (used papertowels).

They provided 6 green towels to be used at the pools. The white towels in the room were not to be taken to the pools. We had a 2 bdr that slept 8 people and only had 3 people, so we had plenty of towels.

The room did have a DVD player. I had read somewhere that the rooms only had VCR;s but I guess they recently upgraded to DVD.

We stayed ther ea few years ago and enjoyed it very much - now we stay at a private rental home and enjoy that even more!

Thank you Michele!

The last time that we stayed there we had housekeeping, so I wasn't sure... We are going to hit the Super Wal-mart after we check in anyway, but I will probably bring the soap products from home...

Thanks again!

I have been seeing various reviews about the Sheraton Vistana Resorts. (Not the villages) I am wondering if anyone has stayed there and has any advice? We are going next week with our timeshare and wanted to know if we could request a certain area? I have heard the Cascades is newer and closer to the fountain pool. CAn you actually request a place before hand?

Hi,
I'm a Vistana owner. If you are exchanging into Vistana, you can make requests but nothing is guaranteed. Definitely fill out the Diamond Lane form despite what Vistana told you. You can make requests on that form and can check-in using a different line.

The Cascades is the newest section---but definitely not near the Fountains pool. The Cascades has it's own pool area and is one of the larger, more spread out sections. Some buildings are steps from the Cascade pool while others are a bit of a walk.

The Lakes are the next newest section followed by Foutains II, Fountains I, Springs, Palms, Spas, Falls and Courts.

Certain sections are slated for certain check-in days.

I'd second and third the suggestion to disconnect the phones !

My family LOVES the Vistana - especially their activities and pools. We like spending a week here and not going to the parks (shhh. don't tell anyone that I said that!).

I would not buy my tickets from the resort. Use the brokers such as ticketmania. Sign up for the mousesavers newsletter for some good deals.

My advice is to focus on what is important to you versus a specific area. For example, I like to request a newly renovated unit near a pool. We have allergies in our family so a clean, unsmelly unit is important to us. I also like to request a unit away from road especially 535 and I-4 to minimize the noise.

IMHO the worst thing about the VR is the checkin. Do sign up for Diamond Lane checkin. You may need to still stand in a line but it's way better than the regular line.

I would like to do the Diamond thing, but my RCI exchange sheet doesn't have a resy number on it. It is actually a gift from my uncle, and he said he doesn't have a resy number either, so I don't know what is up with that. I am not sure how to sign up online without it, since it is required.

Great info, Michelle on the room accomodations. It also answered another question I forgot to ask about washer/dryers. I didn't know if there was one in the room. Good to know, and I will definetely bring my tide!

I would like to do the Diamond thing, but my RCI exchange sheet doesn't have a resy number on it. It is actually a gift from my uncle, and he said he doesn't have a resy number either, so I don't know what is up with that. I am not sure how to sign up online without it, since it is required.
Your uncle should have an exchange company account number---you can provide that instead of a reservation number.

If not, call Vistana and ask for the Diamond Lane phone number.......good luck

Your uncle should have an exchange company account number---you can provide that instead of a reservation number.

If not, call Vistana and ask for the Diamond Lane phone number.......good luck

I can check with him on that. I will also look to see if that is on my exchange voucher sheet he sent me as confirmation. Is it really a big help at any time? Meaning, if we are later in the evening, is it still so crowded that being in the Diamond Express is even still helpful, or is it busy all the time at the desk?

Is it really a big help at any time? Meaning, if we are later in the evening, is it still so crowded that being in the Diamond Express is even still helpful, or is it busy all the time at the desk?
Lines definitely ease up after 8-9 pm. But if you're checking in at the prime times (between 1 and 6 pm seems to be the busiest), the lines can be quite long). The Diamond Lane registration allows you to check-in using an entirely different lane. But if you check-in after the DL is closed, then the point of using it was really just to make any specific requests you might have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter