Anyone ever stay in Melbourne the night before?

SCCruiseMom

Earning My Ears
I am not a Disney parks person (esp in July) so we decided to stay at the Radisson in Indiatlantic/Melbourne a few days before the cruise since the hotel is on the beach and has great reviews on Trip Advisor. It looks like it is about 45 minutes from the port.

Has anyone ever stayed there? How was the drive from there to the port? (we are from South Carolina and do not know Florida well.)

How much are the toll roads? Do they have lanes set up for people without an EZ pass and do you need exact change?

Thanks!!

I have not stayed there, but my parents live near there. It's a beautiful area. Nice beaches. We stay with my parents before and after cruises, and the drive has always been good--less than an hour, no tolls. It's basically a straight shot up 95.

I have stayed near there and it was very nice. There are no tolls in Florida for you if you are coming down 95 from South Carolina. There are also no toll roads between Indialantic and Port Canaveral. From the hotel to the port you can go A1A all the way to the port in about one hour. It is a very nice ride up the beach. The alternate route is via 95.

Florida does not use EZ pass, they have their own system that is not compatible.

We've stayed in Satellite Beach which is right next door to Melbourne. The easiest way is to take A1A to the port, it's faster then going inland to I-95 and you can see the ocean on your journey.

Th

Thank you for all the great information everyone! Getting excited! We leave next Monday. It will be a real adventure for my daughter and I!

Love Melbourne Beach! There are no tolls from it to the port. Very short drive--less than 30 minutes. We stayed at the Embassy Suites (oceanfront, very affordable) and loved it. The beach is fantastic and the town is very nice. We will definitely go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter