Anyone ever stay at Saratoga? Looking for feedback.

NJ2Boardwalk

DIS Veteran
We have stayed at WL, Boardwalk before. Want to use DVC at Saratoga? Any feedback? I have to DD age 10 and 12

Might want to check the dvc discussion boards. They have some reviews on those boards.

yes - I would suggest with your age children to try for the Springs - it is across the street from the main pool and food court, not to mention the community hall.

I stayed in Congress House - it was 5 minutes to DD. around 10 to 15 minutes to the main pool.

My kids are 9 and 11 and we have loved both of our stays at SSR. They love that pool. We have never stayed at Boardwalk (will be taking care of that in two months however) so I can't compare the two. Saratoga is very spread out, its huge! However, its pretty easy to get around in and they have a quiet pool in each section with a hot tub, but no slide. We were in the Paddock the first time, we never used the big pool once. My kids were fine with that since they hadn't swam in the main pool. We had grandparents with us that trip so the quiet pool/location was best for us. Next trip we got the Springs and now that my kids have experienced that pool there is no going back! They loved the games the lifeguards played with all the kids and the slide as well. Even if you do get a far out section like the Paddock, the walk isn't too bad, maybe 5 minutes to the main area. You can also ride the bus around the resort to save walking if you prefer. Its a beautiful resort, my kids love being so close to DTD and riding the boat over to there. They also enjoyed the arcade and the extensive grounds to roam around in.

We stayed there in Oct with our darling 3 children 6,3,&1. Its a very large resort. We stayed closest to DTD. It took us 5 mins to get over there by foot. The bus depot was outside our room and made a couple of stops on the way out and on the way in. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa and thought the living room/kitchen area was VERY small compared to the other DVC resorts.

We finished out of our quest to stay at all of the Disney resorts last year with a stay here. All I can say is that it was wonderful and it ruined our stay at Old Key West which was the next night! This place is great! Beautiful, new and so much to do there!
I would suggest it to anyone! :thumbsup2

We stayed Thanksgiving Week '05. We have two kids 11 & 7 and they loved the theme pool with slide. The property is HUGE! When we checked in we were given a choice of rooms facing downtown Disney. What a view we had :thumbsup2 We saw the fireworks from Pleasure Island everynight. The staff was very helpful. The first night we got off at the wrong bus stop and the security guy in the golf cart stop and drove us to our building.We enjoyed our stay and will stay again in a heartbeat :teeth: Oh I forgot we saw Epcot fireworks out our front door also. Very Cool pixiedust:

We stayed at SSR Oct 2005 for a long weekend and for 10 days at Christmas.
WE loved it!!!! We were with a 13 year old at Christmas and she loved being able to walk to downtown disney and see the pleasure Island fire works! Much better than OKW. Will defidently stay here again.

We stayed at SS for the first time in December. I have to say "NOT IMPRESSED". We checked in very late (1am) with our 3 kids 7,8,11. To start with, the staff at the front desk was very rude. They gave us the "last room available" (bad location...far from everything...next to bus stop...very loud and inconvenient). We lugged all of our luggage and tired kids to the top floor and walked into a room that had not been cleaned...popcorn all over the floor...garbage full, food in kitchen and fridge, dirty and wet clothing on the balcony. We called the front desk. They were able to "find" us another room in another building, on the other side of the resort. We lugged everything, including sleeping children, back to the car and drove to the next room. A bit cleaner but not clean enough. They had no other room but said we could move in the morning (it is currently 2:30 am). They allowed us to move to another room (another building, other side of resort) which was away from the bus stop and had a partial view of Pleasure Island.
Now that we were finally settled....the main pool is a long way from most of the rooms. The quiet pools are a bit closer but not overly convenient. There is limited food service on the property. It is overpriced for the quantity and quality and the hours are not the most convenient.
The kids were able to enjoy the main pool late at night but it was a bit of a walk especially when wet in the middle of December. We drove to the pool most times.
Also, be aware that if you stay in a studio, there is not a laundry facility in each building. They do have laundry next to the pools….not the most convenient. We are not a big Downtown Disney family. We prefer the conveniences of the Full Service DVC resorts. SS is best suited to those not interested in using the facilities and probably those without younger children.

SSR is great. We love the pool. The spa is great. We stayed in Congress Park. Great fireworks view. We have booked two additional trips at this resort. Transportation was great, never waited longer than 5 minutes. Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to assist us. We like it better than other disney resorts we have stayed in in our 24 visits.

Our kids think ssr is the best place to stay. They like the pool and the community hall for the crafts and games.

Lynn

We just stayed at SSR in January and loved it. :) We have three children--9, 10, and 13. I would second the suggestion to request the Springs area. We stayed there, and enjoyed walking right over to the pool, gift shop, etc. We also walked to both ends of DD from there. The pool was a big hit with my children. It has a fun water slide. They also had a ball in the little kid play area with the squirting fountains (there were no other children there or I would've kicked mine out ;) ). We had been used to staying in one room at POR, so we really enjoyed the extra space and decor of the DVC villa and having an extra tv for the kids. pixiedust:

We loved it. Great pool, beautiful rooms. We stayed in Congress Park and had a great view of DTD. Can't wait to go back next month.

hobie said:
SS is best suited to those not interested in using the facilities and probably those without younger children.

Wow! It just goes to show how different folks like different features! I am calling MS this week to see if we can change our BWV ressie over to SSR for our May trip. I do not want to deal with parking that is far from the building. I think it is so easy to be able to park right outside your building with small kids. Also, my DD age 4 loves the playground and the Donald splash area! When we pull through the gate at SSR it feels like "home" to us! I can't bring myself to stay anywhere else. Maybe when the kids are older.... :)

DS (12) LOVES Disney Quest at Downtown Disney.
DD (10) LOVES the spa at SS and shopping at DD. (The mom & daughter pedicure package is great fun!)

All my kids LOVE the themed pool and the boat ride over to DD. (They always wanted to take the boat, even though we were actually faster to walk from our room at the end of Congress Park.)

Overall, I say SSR is amazing for families!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter