• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever spend a day just touring the resorts?

perchy

WDW Resort Hopper
I wonder if this (spending time just visiting the resorts) is something people actually do?

I can see pool hopping, or even restaurant visiting. But I can also kinda see a walking tour (or maybe it's a car/monorail/walking tour) of each of the resorts. Hardly as exciting as an actual Park day, but if you have time (aka no budget for another day)....

Thoughts?

We often spend a couple of days or so just visiting resorts. We go to one of the monorail resorts and have breakfast - walk around, do a little shopping, then ride the monorail to another resort. Explore. Hop the monorail to another resort. Explore. Monorail to MK. Hop a boat to Fort Wilderness. See the horses. Kids play at the playground. Boat to Wilderness Lodge. Maybe lunch there. Boat to MK, then drive or bus to Beach Club. Explore Beach and Yacht Club. Walk around Boardwalk. Bus to AK then bus to AKL to have nighttime dinner and night vision viewing.

We often drive when exploring resorts, but not always.

There is so much to do at the resorts. I almost prefer them to the parks, frankly. The kids love to play on the beaches of the resorts, too. It is much more relaxing than a day in the parks.

We don't spend a whole day visiting other resorts, but we do walk around several when we go. We take a trip around the monorail and get off at the grand floridian (it's our favorite resort). We usually have dinner at the wilderness lodge too, so we go a little earlier before dinner sometimes at walk around or sit in some chairs by the fire and hang out. If you have time to kill between activities in epcot a fun thing to do is walk around the boardwalk/YC/BC areas.

Bonus: your refillable mugs work at all resorts, not just the one you are staying at so if you decide to visit any other resorts, bring the mug with you!

We done this on occasion and only with the monorail resorts. Sometimes it started to rain in MK or the baby fell asleep in the stroller. It was fun to see what these resorts have to offer. We also ended up eating at a few of these resorts. We also did resort hopping for Christmas to see all the amazing decorations up in every resort. This was totally worth it.

We do this when we go at Christmas time. Not just one whole day but we will hit 3-4 at a time then do a few more later on at another day. Don't really do this during summer as there isn't much to see unless we are planning on staying at that resort next time and we just need to check it out.

We do this when we go at Christmas time. Not just one whole day but we will hit 3-4 at a time then do a few more later on at another day. Don't really do this during summer as there isn't much to see unless we are planning on staying at that resort next time and we just need to check it out.

This. We always spend a day involving a nice lunch touring the deluxe resorts during the Christmas Holidays each year. The resort monorail and the boat to the Wilderness Lodge makes it so easy and with a nice lunch thrown in it can take a good part of the day after a nice breakfast. After the monorail resorts we take the monorail from the TTC to Epcot and walk around the lake from the Beach Club to the Yacht Club and the Boardwalk Inn.

Usually we stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge when we do this, as the lobby is so impressive at any time of the year and at Christmas it's really special..:)

We took a day to tour resorts during the Christmas season. It was wonderful!

We always do when we go around Christmas time. Sometime to eat, other times just to wander and relax. Love listening to the orchestra at the GF. :)

We often spend a couple of days or so just visiting resorts. We go to one of the monorail resorts and have breakfast - walk around, do a little shopping, then ride the monorail to another resort. Explore. Hop the monorail to another resort. Explore. Monorail to MK. Hop a boat to Fort Wilderness. See the horses. Kids play at the playground. Boat to Wilderness Lodge. Maybe lunch there. Boat to MK, then drive or bus to Beach Club. Explore Beach and Yacht Club. Walk around Boardwalk. Bus to AK then bus to AKL to have nighttime dinner and night vision viewing.

We often drive when exploring resorts, but not always.

There is so much to do at the resorts. I almost prefer them to the parks, frankly. The kids love to play on the beaches of the resorts, too. It is much more relaxing than a day in the parks.

This is perfect! Thanks for some ideas!

While I'll agree that it's awesome to tour the resorts at Christmas, I did the monorail loop today and it was the break I needed! For me, it's best to do midday, when I need a break from the craziness of the parks.

And well, today also included a stop at Poly for a vanilla pineapple float!

Doing this at Christmastime - we're offsite first day of trip and thought it the best way to spend that nonpark day!

Not the whole day, but If I ever have a reservation at one of the monorail resorts, I will ride the monorail to visit the other 2 resorts. I always find it so much fun. :)

I've done this--and more than once!

THe monorail resorts, the Epcot resorts.

My "goal" was pressed pennies!!! Christmas is lovely as well.

Half the reason I go is for the resorts, so they are equally as fun as the parks to me, although it's kind of a downer to bus over to a park and not go into the park because you're just resort hopping. We live in Tampa, but I refuse to take day trips to Disney due to how disappointed I get when we don't get to go back to a resort. I could easily go without any park tickets at all, and we are going to POFQ for a night in Dec just to check out all the resort decorations. Each resort has restaurants, drinks & snacks, bars, walking, biking, boating, swimming at some pools, shopping, beautiful landscapes and scenery, various entertainment and even the transportation is fun as you hop around.

I spent 2 half days exploring deluxe resorts and pin trading the first week of December a few years ago. I did the Mk reorts and Wilderness Lodge one morning and the Epcot resorts on another.

It was very relaxing and I enjoyed it.

We did this on our arrival day last year. Explored our own resort (we were staying at POR), then took a bus to the Magic Kingdom. Standing outside the gates built the anticipation for the next day when we would spend the day there. We then took the monorail from MK and explored the GF, Poly, and Contemporary, and finished up the evening with dinner at California Grill watching Wishes before heading back to POR. It was a really great way to kick off the trip and avoid feeling too rushed after spending a morning traveling.

I wonder if this (spending time just visiting the resorts) is something people actually do?

I can see pool hopping, or even restaurant visiting. But I can also kinda see a walking tour (or maybe it's a car/monorail/walking tour) of each of the resorts. Hardly as exciting as an actual Park day, but if you have time (aka no budget for another day)....

Thoughts?

Just FYI, pool hopping isn't allowed unless you're a DVC owner, and even then there are several resort pools that are off-limits.

Last edited:
We like to resort hop and search for hidden Mickeys. Depending on where we stay, we will do them in groups. Monorail resorts, Epcot resorts. My daughter and I love to do Hidden Mickey searches. She is now of age so we also go check out their bar and try the signature drink before doing the search for hidden mickeys.

We love going to the resorts when we are there. We usually always go to all the deluxe resorts for a visit to either eat or shop or just look around. It's very relaxing to walk around the grounds of the resorts and to relax in the lobby of the GF or WL. The AKL is beautiful and we usually have a dinner planned there for one night of our vacation. It's just as fun to do the resorts as it is to go to the parks!! Every resort in Disney has something unique about it, it's fun to see what each one has to offer. If you have sometime you should definitely try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter